Need new house beer

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Rip Rufus
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway
Location: On the border of Pineys Everywhere and Gaudy Summer Homes. Not far from Ghetto in the Woods.

Need new house beer

Post by Rip Rufus »

For years, my house beer has been Yuengling Lager. It's a solid lager, nothing fancy, $18/case for cans. A good all-purpose beer for any occasion. Good in the shower after hockey, good enough for the dinner table. However, due to their CEO's politicization of the brewery, I may boycott. This isn't about which candidate they endorsed, it's the fact they injected their politics into my drinking habits. My question is: what is a solid mid-tier lager to replace it as my "always a couple in the fridge" beer? Sam Adams is too heavy and too pricey. Other thoughts?
"You know, you remind me of a poem I can't remember, and a song that may never have existed, and a place I'm not sure I've ever been to." - A.J.S.

fiyah
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: Need new house beer

Post by fiyah »

Bourbon.
22:21 Thirsty i was too drunk to be high
[13:22] <@Veen> I need to find the penis monster
[23:03] <@fabric> dont masturbate to me

Rip Rufus
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway
Location: On the border of Pineys Everywhere and Gaudy Summer Homes. Not far from Ghetto in the Woods.

Post by Rip Rufus »

fiyah wrote:Bourbon.
I love you.
Evan Williams is house bourbon.
"You know, you remind me of a poem I can't remember, and a song that may never have existed, and a place I'm not sure I've ever been to." - A.J.S.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

not mid brand but Hamm's is a solid low budget surprisingly tasty beer. 15 bucks a 30 rack here in PA.

Have you tried the EW Bottled in Bond? yet? a buck or two more and more rye forward than the black label.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

We`re talking US beer here?

Colt45 maybe

Seriously no idea
Drink!

Rip Rufus
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Rip Rufus »

Patchez wrote:not mid brand but Hamm's is a solid low budget surprisingly tasty beer. 15 bucks a 30 rack here in PA.

Have you tried the EW Bottled in Bond? yet? a buck or two more and more rye forward than the black label.
A: I've had Hamms, it's decent for the price. But I don't think they sell it in these parts.
B: haven't had EW B-in-B. Will look for it.

drunkin' Wisconsinite
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by drunkin' Wisconsinite »

these are all on my regular rotation of 30 pack cans, you can't go wrong with any of them:
Pabst
Old Milwaukee
Old Style

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

drunkin' Wisconsinite wrote:these are all on my regular rotation of 30 pack cans, you can't go wrong with any of them:
Pabst
Old Milwaukee
Old Style

If you're willing to subject yourself to the horrors of Old Style, you might want to give old Boxer Lager a whirl. Proudly made in Monroe, WI and quite possibly the cheapest, shittiest beer in the country. But some people with head trauma and retarded taste buds really seem to like it.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

drunkin' Wisconsinite
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by drunkin' Wisconsinite »

I won't drink anything made in Monroe, I believe they brew the beer with waste water from the Limburger cheese factory there. A guy has to have some kind of standards I guess.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

I used to down an obscene amount of Huber Bock back when I was a young, stupid punk. It was $10 for a 24 case of returnables. Combined with a ten sack of White Castles, it basically marked the beginning of the shitpocalypse. Anything that comes out of what's now called "Minhas Brewing Co." is liquid cow flop.

The whole town of Monroe smells like cheap beer and stinky cheese. On a hot summer day when the wind is right, you'd swear you were standing next to Thirsty Drunk.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ