30 minute challenge

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Shane-O-Matic
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

30 minute challenge

Post by Shane-O-Matic »

Here's the scenario:

You've just finished a late shift in your shitty job and reached the only pub around with 30 minutes to go until last orders. You have a wallet full of money, but you're acutely aware that time's a factor - no time for thinking too much. Naturally, you want to get as shitfaced as is possible.

What do you buy? How many rounds? Do you make conversation with the drunks on your right and throw in a couple of Tequila shots?

I ask this because I found myself in exactly this situation last night. Pint of Tennent's in one hand, large rum and coke in the other. Repeated this a couple of times before the bell rang and I had to depart. Didn't bother to engage in much conversation as there was a repeat of a boxing bout on the telly.

Screwball
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Location: A half foot away from a cat's nutsack. I Gotta get the DevilKat Fixed!

Re: 30 minute challenge

Post by Screwball »

When I fly for work(rarely) I run to the bar and order 3 double Maker's no ice and a Shiner Bock(or any type of chuggable beer on tap).

Suck down the Maker's one right after the other and sip the beer until ya gotta go.

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

Wild Turkey 101, several, and a beer- the carbonation makes the alcohol get into your system faster.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

3 beers, 3 vodka shots, 2 whisky sours
Drink!

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Order Long Island Iced Teas and suck that liquid glory down with a straw until it's coming out of your ears. 3 in 30 minutes will put you in a good place, but I think you're capable of 4.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Bur
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Bur »

Shots of Jameson seem to be my way to go. Follow up with a few short white Russians or Gin and tonics.

Dear Booze

Post by Dear Booze »

Badfellow wrote:Order Long Island Iced Teas and suck that liquid glory down with a straw until it's coming out of your ears. 3 in 30 minutes will put you in a good place, but I think you're capable of 4.
This is sound advice.
DRINK!

Gall4185
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Gall4185 »

Usually I'm in a similar situation at the end of a Saturday shift. So it'll be a beer,double bourbon coke and a shot of Ancho reyes. Can usually get three such rounds into half an hour,maybe foregoing the beer for the final round

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Dear Booze wrote:
Badfellow wrote:Order Long Island Iced Teas and suck that liquid glory down with a straw until it's coming out of your ears. 3 in 30 minutes will put you in a good place, but I think you're capable of 4.
This is sound advice.
Oder without stupid ice. You can do 5
Drink!

Dear Booze

Post by Dear Booze »

oettinger wrote: Oder without stupid ice. You can do 5
Also sound advice.
DRINK!

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

quadruple gin and tonics, as many as they'll serve me. Works like a charm and they go down easy. Pint of something to keep the salivation at bay
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Mr. Viking wrote:quadruple gin and tonics, as many as they'll serve me. Works like a charm and they go down easy. Pint of something to keep the salivation at bay
I bet there's an equation one could figure out. A ratio of drinks to number of humans to encounter after the 30 minutes. If they are also doing this 30 minute thing, then it's a party or a pub. If it's the police station or cockpit, maybe not so much.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Think big, what about the 30 day challenge?
Drink!

hereforthebeer
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by hereforthebeer »

This is a trick question... been there done it..

You order a pint and a double... down them quickly then do the same again...

and again (unless the bar staff say... we think you had had too much... i dont know why they dont like fast relatively undrunk drinkers but yeah i guess they have some kind of best interest at heart)... anyway

then you order a taxi, and say to the taxi driver, take me to any club that's still open...

twice i ended up in a brothel...

twice in a strip club...

one in a weird pub, that was locked until he knocked and they let me in...

but taxi drivers always know the local amenities :D

Bur

Post by Bur »

oettinger wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:56 pm
Think big, what about the 30 day challenge?
Well obviously it's called 'Summer' over here. I would argue you start with 7-10 days of cheap russki vodka and even cheaper Russian beer. This is naturally because we all know that vodka doesn't give you hangovers.

Proceed to wake up with Enormous hangover. Shiver and cry in the shower to the echoes of laughing gods not giving a shite until it's roughly 6 pm. Proceed to buy a box of wine. Eat.

Wake up at unknown time with friend banging on your door with his Estonian goodies. Who would let a bag full of the hard stuff go to waste.

Wake up 2 days later and realize it's almost the annual Rock Festival. Drink up. Buy coffee.

Watch the movie Bad Santa even though it's later part of July. Laugh your ass off. Get invited to a party about mile away.
Get a taxi because you're pretty sure you'd hurt yourself stumbling over there.
Curse the taxi prices to hell, proceed to drink until postman shows up, find an cockney accented gentleman from the shower stall, passed out and with a turd on the shower stool.

Oh shit I'm getting carried away again.

Back to the topic.

Lately I've been going with shots of ouzo comped with a short gin tonic. No idea why.