Stella

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: Stella

Post by mistah willies »

oettinger wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:27 am
New currency: The bag of beans*

*it`s so worthy whole africa and half of asia are begging to have it

One wonders if beans can be fermented and distilled into liquor? Garbanzo, pinto, coffee?

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

mistah willies wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:13 pm
oettinger wrote:

One wonders if beans can be fermented and distilled into liquor? Garbanzo, pinto, coffee?
Diarrhea.

Sunday is bean day in the Oettinger household. The gallon of wine in my gut tells me monday will be a struggle again
Drink!

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

oettinger wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:09 am
mistah willies wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:13 pm
oettinger wrote:

Diarrhea.

Sunday is bean day in the Oettinger household. The gallon of wine in my gut tells me monday will be a struggle again
Wow! When did you become a wino? Vodka is the way to go. You are asking for some serious hangover issues. Cheers just the same!
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

gede
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by gede »

Lush City wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:28 am
mistah willies wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:35 pm
gede wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:14 am

Indeed. Something of a gourmet brew in Aus - wedding material, despite the fact that its enjoyed by many a pikey from what I gather in the UK. I don't really buy into the incongruity, but Australia is great at rebranding budget booze. Where else in the world does a rack of PBR cost you $55?

You know, gede, PBR was stolen by hipsters and Russians, which is a phrase I never thought I'd use. Mostly it's nostalgia for some of us in the Untied States. Maybe check out a can, just to see whta al the hoopla was supposed to be about. But PBR was always a blue collared worker's beverage. $55 for a rack is a Russian Hipster. Frig that, my good man.
We are talking the collapse of the Australian Dollar. This insane price you are paying is only inflation and currency manipulation by your banks. What is the price of Fosters? That should be a domestic beer you can consume at nominal prices unless of course the AUD is nearly worthless. This is the race to the bottom of the global currency/trade wars soon to be hot wars. It's time to stock up and get ready to kiss your ass goodbye!
It’s a common myth abroad that Foster’s is a cheap, Everyman brew in Australia. Ironically it too would be $50... on a good day. Nobody drinks it here and it’s hard to find. You would have more luck finding PBR at most bars. Most domestic beers are relatively pricey. When I was younger we would rely on cheap German imports - that’s where the bargains are found.

To willies: I have had PBR many times and agree it’s a fantastic beer. And I love white cans, not enough of them here (...yes I know what you’re thinking).

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

gede wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:53 am
Lush City wrote:
mistah willies wrote:

You know, gede, PBR was stolen by hipsters and Russians, which is a phrase I never thought I'd use. Mostly it's nostalgia for some of us in the Untied States. Maybe check out a can, just to see whta al the hoopla was supposed to be about. But PBR was always a blue collared worker's beverage. $55 for a rack is a Russian Hipster. Frig that, my good man.
We are talking the collapse of the Australian Dollar. This insane price you are paying is only inflation and currency manipulation by your banks. What is the price of Fosters? That should be a domestic beer you can consume at nominal prices unless of course the AUD is nearly worthless. This is the race to the bottom of the global currency/trade wars soon to be hot wars. It's time to stock up and get ready to kiss your ass goodbye!
It’s a common myth abroad that Foster’s is a cheap, Everyman brew in Australia. Ironically it too would be $50... on a good day. Nobody drinks it here and it’s hard to find. You would have more luck finding PBR at most bars. Most domestic beers are relatively pricey. When I was younger we would rely on cheap German imports - that’s where the bargains are found.

To willies: I have had PBR many times and agree it’s a fantastic beer. And I love white cans, not enough of them here (...yes I know what you’re thinking).
Dood! It's time for you to invest in precious metals. Your local currency is failing you!
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Ella Fitzgerald - Stella by Starlight (Verve Records 1961)
https://youtu.be/xDQ-Erg3KlQ

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Lush City wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:34 pm
gede wrote:
Lush City wrote:

Dood! It's time for you to invest in precious metals. Your local currency is failing you!
Have you ever tried to drink silver coins?
Drink!

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

oettinger wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:18 am
Lush City wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:34 pm
gede wrote:

Have you ever tried to drink silver coins?
Someone will always be making booze and looking for buyers. It's all about wealth generation. You need to learn about what money and currency are. In the event of a total collapse, no, you won't be able to acquire anything no matter what equity you hold because there will be nothing to purchase. It will be a repeat of 1930's America and Europe except there will be no elites living through it unscathed. They will all be forced underground.

One for the Frog
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by One for the Frog »

I wouldn't go so far to call Stella a beer.
It's definitely worth to drink it.
In a desert.
Same as with your urine.

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

One for the Frog wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:50 pm
I wouldn't go so far to call Stella a beer.
It's definitely worth to drink it.
In a desert.
Same as with your urine.
Stella is fortified by rice. They add rice to the production process to sweeten the flavor and up the alc. content when it's fermented. Mexican lagers like Pacifico are what you want.

Casual Binger
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Casual Binger »

Lush City wrote:
mistah willies wrote:
gede wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:14 am

Indeed. Something of a gourmet brew in Aus - wedding material, despite the fact that its enjoyed by many a pikey from what I gather in the UK. I don't really buy into the incongruity, but Australia is great at rebranding budget booze. Where else in the world does a rack of PBR cost you $55?

Alcohol is expensive in Aust because of tax, and high wages means paying people to transport and sell it adds to the cost. Only wine is cheap because the Govt subsidises the industry with tax breaks I believe. But yeah, inflation definitely. I dunno about currency manipulation. That sounds like heavy Wall Street stuff. Above my pay grade.

Stella is made here; like Heineken and Asahi. I guess because it’s cheaper that way for some reason. I just buy the best combination of cheap/palatable. Last time was San Miguel, time before Carlsberg. Aussie domestic beers are seriously overpriced. Presume it’s brand loyalty or something drives up the price?

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Casual Binger wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:37 am
Alcohol is expensive in Aust because of tax, and high wages means paying people to transport and sell it adds to the cost. Only wine is cheap because the Govt subsidises the industry with tax breaks I believe. But yeah, inflation definitely. I dunno about currency manipulation. That sounds like heavy Wall Street stuff. Above my pay grade.

Stella is made here; like Heineken and Asahi. I guess because it’s cheaper that way for some reason. I just buy the best combination of cheap/palatable. Last time was San Miguel, time before Carlsberg. Aussie domestic beers are seriously overpriced. Presume it’s brand loyalty or something drives up the price?
There are some fine ingredients here for cocktail of smuggling, moon shine and black market.

Know anybody?

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Patchez wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:21 am
buy ammo now! the currency of the new world. Got guns? got ammo? then you have all you need to take what you want from those that don't!
I hate to sound like the Bullet Farmer, but he's right folks.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Oh, we were talking about Stella Artois.

Never really cared for it; a weak and flavorless lager originated from the country that pioneered bold, unique beers. The Belgian Budweiser is a more apt name. I'd much rather drink a German lager where there's some character to be had in the malz und hopfen.

In the US, Stella is an overpriced import with a well established distribution network and advertising budget.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Hardcore Stig
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Hardcore Stig »

Over in the UK I have always known Stella referred to as 'wife beater'. A lay over of its older strength and the gents who stereotypically drink it I assume. It was also the regular lager portion of a good old fashioned snakebite or diesel, which didn't exactly foster a caring semantic gentleman.

Give me a bottle of bucky any day though.
"That's only a problem if you stop drinking"

"Nationality? I'm a drunkard, and that makes me a man of the world"

"The word "pub" should never need to be followed by the word "why""