Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

Post by scream ale »

Won $14 on a dollar scratch off. Let the good times roll!

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

scream ale wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:37 am
Dude, are trying to steal the glory from my massive $9 bingo win last night?
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Moved the entire state of Wisconsin two inches to the left using nothing but bottle jacks and fifth of blackberry brandy.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Badfellow wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:13 am
scream ale wrote:
That was my goal and I believe I achieved it. Everyone knows lucky 7's is cooler than bingo.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

scream ale wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:30 am
Badfellow wrote:
scream ale wrote:
That was my goal and I believe I achieved it. Everyone knows lucky 7's is cooler than bingo.
Eau contraire, mon friar. After a couple of drinks, the old ladies at bar bingo shed their grandmotherly guises and get downright cut-throat. Makes for a very dangerous as well as entertaining environment.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Badfellow wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:55 am
scream ale wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:30 am
Badfellow wrote:

Eau contraire, mon friar. After a couple of drinks, the old ladies at bar bingo shed their grandmotherly guises and get downright cut-throat. Makes for a very dangerous as well as entertaining environment.
Nice bringing the danger back to bingo! Do you guys have full contact shuffleboard too?

Shane-O-Matic
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Shane-O-Matic »

Shit day at work but life is good. Hoisting a few in my local pub and preparing to watch the football.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Went to the dentist for the first time in 15 years. That was something! Sucking back some beer now. Life is good again.

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

If I told you about my day in a nutshell you would hate my guts. Not that you already don't do that but I would only push the hate level to Gov. George Wallace of Alabama levels.
So I will sign off and tell you it's a crash landing into my mattress and a short journey to Blackout Island!
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

How about a week in a nutshell...

Picked up Oettinger and Artful Detective at the airport Monday afternoon. We proceeded to gorge ourselves on fatty diner food and a delicious cocktail named the Gorilla Monsoon. Did some more bar hopping at some nice, crusty, vintage shitholes. Got drunk.

Took the punks up to the cabin on Tuesday. Oettinger only fell over eight or nine times, but one of the doesn't count because it was in the lake. Grilled. Got drunk. Repeated much the same on Wednesday. Repeated much the same on Thursday. Artful D flew back today and I have this crazy German bastard until tomorrow. We're drinking Everclear and watching The Hateful Eight.

There's pictures somewhere.

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Everclear right before the (long) ride home?

Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Badfellow wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:46 pm
How about a week in a nutshell...

Picked up Oettinger and Artful Detective at the airport Monday afternoon. We proceeded to gorge ourselves on fatty diner food and a delicious cocktail named the Gorilla Monsoon. Did some more bar hopping at some nice, crusty, vintage shitholes. Got drunk.

Took the punks up to the cabin on Tuesday. Oettinger only fell over eight or nine times, but one of the doesn't count because it was in the lake. Grilled. Got drunk. Repeated much the same on Wednesday. Repeated much the same on Thursday. Artful D flew back today and I have this crazy German bastard until tomorrow. We're drinking Everclear and watching The Hateful Eight.

There's pictures somewhere.
Yes indeed that was my week also in a nutshell including...

At the fatty diner, I ordered fried chicken and white gravy on top of a glazed donut. Pretty freaking delicious. I was in a mild coma afterwards at the bar we went to next.

Also while visiting Badfellow, Oett and I were outside for a cigarette early one morning and witnessed a guy drive up to a stop sign in the middle of suburbia, open up the car door, and vomit all over the street for a bit, and then drove on. Then we proceeded to watch random cars unknowingly drive right through it, and you could hear it slushing around the street. Needless to say we laughed. A lot. Me especially as I did the same thing back in March only at least I was in the woods when I hurled out of the car. Without witnesses (minus my passenger).

We also ate a lot of fried cheese curds while we were there. Where have those been all of my life?

I learned that stolen mayonnaise packets (and jelly among other things) from restaurants come in handy because sometimes when you ask for mayonnaise at restaurants they seem to always forget to bring it to you. And I used it for my French fries at the airport waiting for my flight that never came.

Also …Patchez claims mayonnaise and French fries dipped together is "So wrong".

Got delayed at a multitude of airports and ultimately stranded in L.A. but at least got comped a hotel room. But as always, I made the best of the adventures. It was a great time with awesome drunkard friends.
Okole maluna!

Dear Booze
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Dear Booze »

Artful Drunktective wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:19 pm

Got delayed at a multitude of airports and ultimately stranded in L.A. but at least got comped a hotel room. But as always, I made the best of the adventures. It was a great time with awesome drunkard friends.
Wait. What? Did you meet up with Lush? I could have given you his cell phone, home phone, fax, address, directions, and keys to his condo.
DRINK!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Dear Booze wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:35 pm
Artful Drunktective wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:19 pm

Wait. What? Did you meet up with Lush? I could have given you his cell phone, home phone, fax, address, directions, and keys to his condo.

But you couldn't come up with his Thai "masseuses" number?
Of course I didn't meet up with Lush or I would have had a sordid spiral staircase tale to tell!
Okole maluna!

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by RIPT2.0 »

Here's what happened to me. I said something, so an appointment was scheduled. I signed some paperwork, so now I own a new house. And somebody wants the house I now live in. Boy, shit moves fast these days. Except me. I'm drunk. I hate moving but, oh well.