Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

Post by Badfellow »

Lush City wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:49 pm
I've been nursing nasty scuff marks on my left knee sustained early yesterday evening returning home from happy hour. Tripped going up the outdoor staircase leading to my condo. The steps are concrete slabs with embedded gravel. I'm sure you've seen them. They just rip the flesh right off your bones if you fall on them. I was angry then and I'm angry now so I'm having another round!
I went back in time just to make sure that second step was 7/16th higher than the last.

L'espirit de spiral e'coliars, mon Drunkard.

Seriously, Lush. Heal up and be careful. We love you as far as the law allows.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Badfellow wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:26 pm
Lush City wrote:
I've been nursing nasty scuff marks on my left knee sustained early yesterday evening returning home from happy hour. Tripped going up the outdoor staircase leading to my condo. The steps are concrete slabs with embedded gravel. I'm sure you've seen them. They just rip the flesh right off your bones if you fall on them. I was angry then and I'm angry now so I'm having another round!
I went back in time just to make sure that second step was 7/16th higher than the last.

L'espirit de spiral e'coliars, mon Drunkard.

Seriously, Lush. Heal up and be careful. We love you as far as the law allows.
So, it was you! I thought so. Well two can play at this game!
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Lush City wrote:
Ouch. Yeah, drink some painkiller tequilas and pass out for recovery. Atleast you remember what happened.
Two sundays ago I woke up with my foot hurting in a strange way. Like I ran into something. My dim memory from the night before recalled nothing the like had happened. I file that under "unsolved drunk injury"
Drink!

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Found a great horned owl roadkilled today. Thought it was a wild turkey until I saw the talons sticking out. Aside from a broken spine, this dearly departed avian is in almost completely perfect shape, and holy hoot is the plumage beautiful.

Owls are amongst my favorite creatures, perhaps even my guide l'espirit. While this fine owl's time on our mortal mudball was cut short (most likely by some sort of karma deficient driver in a Buick)I did manage to throw the carcass into the freezer next to the venison and a bottle of Stoli Gold.

I shall see this owl resurrected through taxidermy.

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by RIPT2.0 »

Badfellow wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:15 pm
Found a great horned owl roadkilled today. Thought it was a wild turkey until I saw the talons sticking out. Aside from a broken spine, this dearly departed avian is in almost completely perfect shape, and holy hoot is the plumage beautiful.

Owls are amongst my favorite creatures, perhaps even my guide l'espirit. While this fine owl's time on our mortal mudball was cut short (most likely by some sort of karma deficient driver in a Buick)I did manage to throw the carcass into the freezer next to the venison and a bottle of Stoli Gold.

Unless you are a taxidermist, I think you'll find that difficult. Having birds of prey mounted is illegal in most States. unless you have a special permit. Most taxidermists wouldn't touch that project.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Sammy wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:50 am
Badfellow wrote:

Unless you are a taxidermist, I think you'll find that difficult. Having birds of prey mounted is illegal in most States. unless you have a special permit. Most taxidermists wouldn't touch that project.
Not to worry, already have one lined up. He specializes in woodland game but sounded thrilled to tackle the project. Said and done, should cost around $250 in cash or bartered materials. Better than letting it rot by the roadside.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Badfellow wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:17 am
Sammy wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:50 am
Badfellow wrote:

Not to worry, already have one lined up. He specializes in woodland game but sounded thrilled to tackle the project. Said and done, should cost around $250 in cash or bartered materials. Better than letting it rot by the roadside.
If it becomes and issue tell them you're only doing it to donate to the Museum of Natural Avian Superiority. As the Director of said museum here in PA I can vouch for the legitimate addition to our museum.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Speaking of roadkill I've noticed an increase here lately. Mostly squirrels but I've noticed a lot of frogs lately. Real big ones. They look like a huge smashed kosher pickle with a big slice of tomato.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Our stupid dog loves to snack on roadkill frogs and get sick from it
Drink!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

^^^ Fine dining for puppy. If my one cat ever got the chance to go outside he would totally eat roadkill, wait until he was smack in the middle of the carpet and then unleash the beast. He would do this just as I sat down to supper cause he's a son of a bitch like that. Once his looks go his ass is outta here!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

We will have a grey kitten soon.
It`ll learn from the best.

My day? Drunk 00:00 to 12:00,

Prosit

God I`m wasted
Drink!

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

Been dying all day for a drink. Would've got one at lunch, but I was with my non-drinking coworkers who I'm sure would've looked at me cock-eyed if I decided to let loose.

I basically finished my work by noon and was forced to wait things out because my coworkers are by-the-book individuals who aren't really into drinking like we are.

When I got home, I immediately pored several shots, caught up with my wife, watched a bit of Addams Family with my daughter and ordered pizza (by DELIVERY) for dinner.

If all goes well, I'm heading out to my bar later when everyone's in bed.

Tomorrow is my university's Homecoming. Me and Jack and Coke are going (that's where we met) and I plan on getting a water bottle full of something nice and enjoying the day.

What say you fellow drunks? How does your weekend look?
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Saturday at the pumpkin patch with our two year old grandaughter. We got her a set of baby tools and goggles and such, since she loves to "help" Daddy saw, hammer, run the compressor, etc. I was torn between the tool set and a little BBQ and stuff set, so she could make carne asada and such like Daddy; wanted to buy both, but Grumpy said not to overdo things. I remember many happy hours with my own father, watching him fix the car, pull tubes out of the TV and such. There was that one time I found that pile of old magazines behind the worn-out couch in the garage. Weren't those ladies cold?
like tears in rain

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Rye and Coke wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:35 pm

Tomorrow is my university's Homecoming. Me and Jack and Coke are going (that's where we met) and I plan on getting a water bottle full of something nice and enjoying the day.
A gallon of gatorade family tranquilize.
Savage wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:39 am
There was that one time I found that pile of old magazines behind the worn-out couch in the garage. Weren't those ladies cold?
Na, they were wearing warm bushes
Drink!

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Woke up with simultaneous diarrhea and vomiting.

That’s what I get for drinking whisky and stouts really fast without having much to eat.

Still made it into work. SURVIVE.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.