Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

Post by oettinger »

I just had my second morning drink when the phone rang... 4 hours later and very upset I had my third one.

A fucking sewage pipe broke! Life is getting on my nerves and has too many obstacles in my drinking routine
Drink!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Just put down the vodka and fix my broken sewage pipe. Schnell!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Been dragging ass all week fighting this cold that refuses to fuck off. Cutting out liquor, having only minimal beer and I still can't shake this shit.

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

scream ale wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:03 pm
Cutting out liquor, having only minimal beer
Wise. Hydration.

I always face-palmed when people came in the store to buy liquor to "clear their cold symptoms."
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Nausea wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:03 pm
scream ale wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:03 pm
Cutting out liquor, having only minimal beer
Wise. Hydration.

I always face-palmed when people came in the store to buy liquor to "clear their cold symptoms."
On medication liquor works. Get super fucked up and it`s gone. But you`re right, be hydratet also
Drink!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

I was busy getting my morning buzz going while watching sports when my father told me he needed help.
A tree fell on a fence. Awesome. First I got quite sweaty cutting and moving the tree and then I froze my balls off trying to fix the stupid fence.
Drink!

Thompson
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Thompson »

I fell down again on my way back from the liquor store / deli. If you can walk without thinking about it I guess you think everybody can do it. Well I fucking can’t. To me three blocks is a big goddamn deal. Four blocks is near impossible without a rest break. Don’t ever sit and rest on a stoop that belongs to some fuck who tells you to ‘get off my stoop, you bum.’ I have a cane to help me and makes a cool ‘click.’ Anyway I’m one and a half blocks to my sanctuary, with liquids and eats (oh, I’m now up to 104 pounds by the way) and I fall down. I’ve fallen down so many times lately that I know the routine to get back up. First of all you take the opportunity to simply rest and regroup. There is no time limit. We have gotten way past time limits. Could be fifteen minutes could be an hour and fifteen minutes. The lady who(m) I see regularly walking her dog wants to call an ambulance. “Please!!! Fucking No, Don’t Do That!” I scream. Some other gals come around and try to help me up pulling on my arms, which doesn’t work. Then the one gal gets down on all fours and makes a table with her back. I put my hand on her back and use that leverage to sure enough get up. I wonder how she knew to do that? Anyway, it’s a bitch this walking taking little baby steps and running out of breath. They told me at Hospital if I started drinking and smoking again I would soon be a goner. I’ve heard that giant load of shit before.
“Talk is cheap, whiskey costs money.” — Harry Caray

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Thompson wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:54 pm
I fell down again on my way back from the liquor store / deli. If you can walk without thinking about it I guess you think everybody can do it. Well I fucking can’t. To me three blocks is a big goddamn deal. Four blocks is near impossible without a rest break. Don’t ever sit and rest on a stoop that belongs to some fuck who tells you to ‘get off my stoop, you bum.’ I have a cane to help me and makes a cool ‘click.’ Anyway I’m one and a half blocks to my sanctuary, with liquids and eats (oh, I’m now up to 104 pounds by the way) and I fall down. I’ve fallen down so many times lately that I know the routine to get back up. First of all you take the opportunity to simply rest and regroup. There is no time limit. We have gotten way past time limits. Could be fifteen minutes could be an hour and fifteen minutes. The lady who(m) I see regularly walking her dog wants to call an ambulance. “Please!!! Fucking No, Don’t Do That!” I scream. Some other gals come around and try to help me up pulling on my arms, which doesn’t work. Then the one gal gets down on all fours and makes a table with her back. I put my hand on her back and use that leverage to sure enough get up. I wonder how she knew to do that? Anyway, it’s a bitch this walking taking little baby steps and running out of breath. They told me at Hospital if I started drinking and smoking again I would soon be a goner. I’ve heard that giant load of shit before.
I feel your pain. I've had my share of tumbles, one of which I was hospitalized for almost a month. As far as the doctor goes...they have to tell us that load of shit or they wouldn't be a very good doctor. And it probably clears their conscience when their patients do drop dead that they could say "Well, I told 'em so!" Glad to have you back, Thompson. Cheers to better health!
Okole maluna!

Thompson

Post by Thompson »

Thank you Artful. Ladybug this rnorning bit the hand that feeds her. She took a huge chunk out of it. It was a relief really, I was growing tired of the other pains. Have I mentioned that the brain only feels one pain at a time? It’s true.

Thompson

Post by Thompson »

Hugh, I purchased a reading light. The directions to make it work were faulty but I out foxed them. It clips on the spine of the book. Your new book of poems sounds terrific. I’m thinking another bowling alley reading. I like to see the bowling alley girls shiver and hear that lonesome sigh.

Thompson

Post by Thompson »

I still have a hard time believing the Crouched House poems are so good. I mean they are Really good. What size bowling shoe do you wear, Hugh? Do you prefer a Charleston Chew or a milk chocolate bar? How come you delete most of your videos? The Big Lebowski is a funny movie, and fast. It moves along fast.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Thanks for reading, glad you liked it. I don't eat sugar (very much). Been a while since I watched Big Lebowski. Artful Drunktective saw my apartment on Skype once and said it looks like the Lebowski apartment. I delete my videos just like I wish I could delete the stupid stuff I do at a bar the night before.

DrunkinEurope
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by DrunkinEurope »

Hugh wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:50 pm
I delete my videos just like I wish I could delete the stupid stuff I do at a bar the night before.
I use whiskey to delete my stupid bar moments but, sadly, it only works on my memory. A delete button for a bar's collective memory would be quite useful.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

One more day of work and it's off to the Outlaw Country Cruise. I've already mentally checked out at work. In my mind I'm already on a deck chair listening to great tunes with a Jai Lai in one hand and a Mai Tai in the other. Travel re3ports to follow when drunkenness and WiFi allow.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

The day was slow and painful, the night is short and sweet. Cheers