Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

Post by scream ale »

Today is sofa king slow I can't believe it. Time is crawling by at the speed of a dying snail. Gotta stay focused on the bourbon awaiting my triumphant return to home base.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

A couple of weeks ago Hewlett Packard notified me that my laptop delivery will be delayed because of the corona virus bullshit. (It ships from China.) Then I got an update yesterday that it would be delivered today. So I've been sitting here with my blinds up so the FedEx guy can clearly see me in here and ring my bell so I can sign for the package. A few minutes ago I clicked on the FedEx tracking number to see where my package is. It arrived in Oakland, California last night - AND THEN WAS SENT TO JAPAN THIS MORNING!!! What the actual fuck?!?!?!

So I guess I can start drinking since I won't have to be undrunk to set up a new laptop.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

^^^ now that is a very special kind of fuck up. I've had packages do some odd shit in the past, along lines of what you mentioned. Give it a day or rwo, someone may realize a boo-boo was made before it gets too far away from you.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Heh - totally forgot about social media. I just asked FedEx WTF is going on using their Facebook page. They apparently get a lot of complaints on there and they have someone replying to posts. Waiting...

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Well, I guess it worked. Kind of. The social media rep told me to disregard the status that says it is in transit to Japan, it is in fact in transit to me.

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Easy day at work for me.

Got gifted some Mystic Mountain 420 Extractor, a 190 proof grain alcohol, by a liquor store I frequent before work where I pre-game with vodka shooters.

I'm definitely not going to drink it tonight, as I've got Laphroaig and Wild Turkey after that on the docket, and that's already pushing it since I have to open tomorrow.

Drunkard problems.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

So is that stuff like Everclear? I've heard you're not supposed to drink Everclear straight.

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Yup exactly.

I've drank Everclear straight, but it's not pleasant. Makes you feel fucking alive though!

Ideally, it's mixed with something that will hydrate you in the process of getting obliterated.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Took much longer to scroll through all the posts here. Modern Drunkard had a busy week.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Y'all chatting like motherfuckers all goddamb week - blah blah blah - troll troll troll - fake fake fake - but now on Friday when everybody should be drinking and partying y'all don't say shit. I already put away a half bottle of Kessler now I'm cooking up some cheap ass food. Maybe I should go out and start some shit. The bars might be all empty cause everybody is scared of fucking corona virus.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

^ ^ ^ HA! Yeah it was fun while it lasted (for the most part). We were on Skype most of the evening but it was pretty dead there too...just a few pop-ins. Maybe you're right and everyone is taking advantage of empty bars. I wonder where else could everyone be when the world is basically in quarantine?
Okole maluna!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Rebuilding the greenhouse with my father. Why oh why does he enjoy working on saturdays so much!!! Lunch break with a couple of vodkas now, then back to work.
Drink!

Dear Booze
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Dear Booze »

Went to work very early on Friday. Nothing but a bunch of Coronavirus fires to put out. People are really, really stupid. Left work early and started drinking. Mrs Booze suggested going for appetizers at this old fashioned upscale steakhouse bar and grill that we rarely visit. Great! The place is usually packed on Friday evenings. We got there at 4:00 and stayed until 6:00 and very few people came in. People are afraid of going out. What the fuck is wrong with everyone?
DRINK!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

^ ^ ^ That's awesome! So glad to hear you aren't succumbing to this insanity! Anyway I'm off to stock up on t.p. now...
Okole maluna!

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

Hugh wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:32 pm
Y'all chatting like motherfuckers all goddamb week - blah blah blah - troll troll troll - fake fake fake - but now on Friday when everybody should be drinking and partying y'all don't say shit. I already put away a half bottle of Kessler now I'm cooking up some cheap ass food. Maybe I should go out and start some shit. The bars might be all empty cause everybody is scared of fucking corona virus.
I don't go out on Fridays either, which is why I was happy to figure out how skype worked so I could at least drink with people somehow. I wonder if we should create a Friday thread where all the stay-at-home home bodies can gather, much like the Sunday (and to a lesser extent, Wednesday) thread.
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'