Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Re: Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

Post by Nausea »

Day off. Locked and loaded with whiskey -- doesn't get much better. I'm all giddy.

Viva La Blackout!
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: Trying to buy new furniture..

Post by RIPT2.0 »

I did manage to order 2 custom made cedar Adirondack chairs today WITH cup holders for my front porch, so I am getting there. And I spent about $800 on landscaping, with more to come, but the hacienda is looking nice. I also discovered carpenter bees drilling into my roof line, so now pest control will be here tomorrow.

Ah, home ownership!

Shane-O-Matic
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Shane-O-Matic »

Spent all day painting inside and outside of a 60ft boat. Then poured some drinks with the old man and talked nonsense. A good day.

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by RIPT2.0 »

I watched the action as landscapers landscaped and masons began rebuilding my 2 chimneys. I'm now drinking to forget how much this is all costing me but the place is looking gorgeous.

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

Today I learned...

Writing an article while drinking gets inspiration's juices flowing, but finishing it while nursing a hungover gets results

Children still do "duck-n-cover" drills during tornado warnings in Maryland

One day my children will be as smart as/smarter than me and it'll make me siiiiiick... (My daughter may already be there.)
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Rye and Coke wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 4:35 pm
Today I learned...

Writing an article while drinking gets inspiration's juices flowing, but finishing it while nursing a hungover gets results

One day my children will be as smart as/smarter than me and it'll make me siiiiiick... (My daughter may already be there.)
Ah!

Well met.
The drinker is the writer, and angry Sol is the editor.

Hell, I'm my own worst enemy.
I wouldn't trust any other.

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Woke up, drank a Monster to shake off the lethargy and mini-hangover. Picked up some fine KD, which I am drinking now. I live for these days off.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Sammy wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 4:49 pm
I also discovered carpenter bees drilling into my roof line, so now pest control will be here tomorrow.

Ah, home ownership!
I just smoke a LOT, that helps
Drink!

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by RIPT2.0 »

oettinger wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 11:24 am
Sammy wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 4:49 pm
I also discovered carpenter bees drilling into my roof line, so now pest control will be here tomorrow.

Ah, home ownership!
I just smoke a LOT, that helps
If you tend to do all of your smoking while standing on a ladder next to the bee holes, then maybe that would help. But I don't smoke and my knees are shot, so no ladder climbing for me. For me, home ownership means "How much money do you have?"

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

Sammy wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 2:24 pm

If you tend to do all of your smoking while standing on a ladder next to the bee holes, then maybe that would help. But I don't smoke and my knees are shot, so no ladder climbing for me. For me, home ownership means "How much money do you have?"
Our basement flooded some time ago and we've had people coming in and out offering every new idea and concept under the sun on how to drain the walls and channel out the water. We finally found someone and I have to tell you, I haven't felt this helpless in awhile.

When you don't know how to do something -- and need help -- you're at the mercy of the morals and ethics of all those that do.

The first guy almost had us paying him for yeeeeeaars, thank god I thought to look for someone better. The guy we went with basically told us the first guy was taking us for a ride.
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by RIPT2.0 »

Rye and Coke wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 2:32 pm
Sammy wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Our basement flooded some time ago and we've had people coming in and out offering every new idea and concept under the sun on how to drain the walls and channel out the water. We finally found someone and I have to tell you, I haven't felt this helpless in awhile.

When you don't know how to do something -- and need help -- you're at the mercy of the morals and ethics of all those that do.

The first guy almost had us paying him for yeeeeeaars, thank god I thought to look for someone better. The guy we went with basically told us the first guy was taking us for a ride.
Man, ain't that the truth. I just had 2 chimneys rebuilt and I had 4 quotes to do the work. One Mason came recommended by a friend and he did both chimneys for $2600. Upon starting the job, he determined that one chimney needed extra work and that would cost me an extra $250. However, since I agreed to pay him in cash, he waived the extra $250 charge. They did an awesome job and we are talking about a partial rebuild on one chimney, and a new flu and cap on the second, not just repointing.

The other assholes that quoted me? Well, one was $2600 but they just wanted to repoint the main chimney, not rebuild it. The other two, both Russians, wanted $4500 and $5800 to do the exact same work I got done for $2600. I guess they thought their cute Russian accents warranted the extra $2K-$3K they wanted for the same work.

You have to be REAL careful when it comes to hiring people to work on your house or you WILL get ripped off!

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Drank the afternoon away down at the local beach pub. There is a local rummy that lives across the street and uses the pub as his living room. He's a retired professional roadie. A few drinks and you will hear stories about the stars and their productions but most of all about their wrap parties. It made my day. Lots of yuks.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Rye and Coke wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 4:35 pm

It's like when I realized children still play "the floor is lava" lol. How timeless is that? And where did we even learn it?! It's like ingrained in our DNA.
Okole maluna!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Lush City wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 10:46 pm
Drank the afternoon away down at the local beach pub. There is a local rummy that lives across the street and uses the pub as his living room. He's a retired professional roadie. A few drinks and you will hear stories about the stars and their productions but most of all about their wrap parties. It made my day. Lots of yuks.
Now you have to share some of these goodies!
Drink!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Getting ready to enjoy some of the great outdoors then some grilling later on. And beers.