Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

Post by oettinger »

^^^ hahaha branlindaman carlisle
Drink!

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

brandonman wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:02 am
Went to the drag races tonight with a couple buddies. Some really bitchin' cars there. It was fucking awesome. I left, and had a 20 mile interstate ride back home. As I entered the interstate, two guys on badass sportbikes blew past popping wheelies and riding fast.

Needless to say, we became what I call Road-Bros. Those guys you race (TOTALLY LEGALLY) with on the road, seeing who pulls ahead faster, coasting down to slow speeds, lining back up, and gunning it again, together, while all of you in the group look out for where each person knows cops sit. It's a weird, passing connection, that feels so substantial. I had so much fun with these two dudes for 20 miles, and I'll never see them again. NOT-breaking-the-law on the interstate builds a very powerful sense of camaraderie that is hard to find.

I'd like to note I had only had 2 beers over 4 hours before I did this. I came into town, had a couple drinks at the bar because my adrenaline was still wired through the roof, then came home and am drinking safely at home.
I've seen this where I live. It's all good. You just have to watch out for cars changing lanes if you are in a congested area. It's great to do shit and feel alive!
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

shawnonious
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by shawnonious »

Last edited by shawnonious on Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" -Tom Waits

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Been on a bender since Thursday night and it's gotten to that point where I start to feel discombobulated from all the sleep and food. Tomorrow I'll clean up and get things done. But I'm going to take this bender one more day. Picked up a 12 pack of Miller at the liquor store just now, and will pour the whiskey when that's gone.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

If only the weekend would move at a snail's pace like the work week.

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Well, of course I got up this morning when I was damn ready because I'm not beholding to anyone right now as far as selling my time. Worked out in my living room because the local gym is closed because of the idiot greasy wop mayor of L.A. What a fuckwad! Showered and went to a haircut appointment I've had for over a month even though I gave up hope of ever seeing a barber or stylist ever again because of the latest second shutdown.''

So, last Sat. I gave myself a haircut. Then this week found out my appointment was still good. They allowed any shut down restaurant or salon that could conduct their business outdoors to proceed. So, I went to get my hair cut to even out the homemade cut I had made then went next door the way I usually do to get a lunch of fish tacos and a tall 24oz. glass of draft Mexican beer. This place was all set up for outdoor service with tables and chairs and a large tent cover. The backdoor was open and people were sitting at the bar inside! The Health Dept. wouldn't like that but the owner is a definite free American. So, I took my lunch time fare indoors and got a nice buzz. So, fuck you Mayor Garcetti, you fucking assclown!

It was the end of a perfect day and it was only 12N! BTW, everyone I spoke to today was pissed off and angry and the people they know feel the same way. These are middle class folks that have accumulated some wealth and they are not going to put up anymore Marxist bullshit.

Just another day in a man made Hell that still masquerades as paradise...
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

^^^ Hmm fish tacos beer and your Tom Selleck stash getting mowed, hard or soft shell?
Drink!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Lush City wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:00 am

Question begs...didja slide down da spiral staircase?!?!
Okole maluna!

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Artful Drunktective wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:24 pm
Lush City wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:00 am

Question begs...didja slide down da spiral staircase?!?!
I did that once and banged my head!

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Slogging through my last 12 hour weekend night shift. One more 8 on Monday and I'll be through with weekend nights.

Next weekend will be Friday, Saturday and Sunday weekend days. An 8, 12 and 12 hour shift. Starting Monday I will switch to my new and hopefully final shift for a while the beloved shift of drunks 2nd shift. Late mornings and drinking most every night. Oh the sheer bliss to be back nestled in her boozy embrace. Bacchus bless the 2nd shifters.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

^^^ Excellent
Drink!

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Got a raise today, and I have the next 3 days off.

Having a few brews before opening the bottle of FKR-approved Evan Williams I picked up. Good stuff.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Well, I made the best out of it as I could. Started out by broiling a half pound of Argentine red shrimp in the shell after applying seafood rub. Ate them with one of my special green salads you would pay big money to have. I'm saying this as long as these fine greens, avocados and cherry tomatoes are still available. Living where I am it would take an earthquake to disrupt the supply chains since they are relatively close by compared to the rest of the country.
Drank all afternoon then got hungry for some fish tacos. Went down to the local Mexican restaurant which had outdoor dining since our idiot governor and mayor shut down indoor service State wide. I had a shot of world class tequila and a Mexican draft beer. The tacos came with the requested thousand island dressing. I was expecting some bottled dressing but to my delight it was home made from their kitchen and you could tell immediately after putting it on the tacos. I'm done and well toasted right now. It's time to say. Good nite now!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Did the usual house cleaning, cleaned the tape deck too. Just a little outdoor stuff to take care of later. Now it's sipping time.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

scream ale wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:45 am
Did the usual house cleaning,
U crazy? We clean house when the drunkend is over, not in the middle of it!
Drink!