Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

Post by scream ale »

Rye and Coke wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:24 pm
He said he knew my parents and if I was a good boy he'd give me treat.
Aw man! Treats are the best!

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Yes, judging from all previous posts lately people are discovering they are really hamsters running in their wheel. That's all of us whether you like it or not. You are being controlled and you are a hamster.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Rye and Coke wrote:
I was leaving the store when guess who pulled up in his windowless, nondescript van? Old Mr. Overholt.

Well first off didja get in Mr. O's nondescript windowless van??? And didja get a "treat"???
Okole maluna!

Dear Booze
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Dear Booze »

Yesterday was was one of the top 50 interesting days of my life. On Friday Mrs Booze and I packed up the FJ and drove to our cabin in Shaver Lake. The plan was to spend the long weekend there to escape the 110 degree heat that we were going to have in the valley.

Shaver Lake is a 2,500 acre lake which sits at about 5,500 feet above sea level in the Sierra Nationl Forest. The surrounding community has about 700 year-around residents, has a handful of bars, restaurants, shops, and stores. There are also hundreds of privately-owned vacation cabins, two major marinas, and several large campground areas. During the summer, it's a very popular place for watersports and fishing. In the winter, it's full of people seeking winter sports in nearby China Peak Ski Resort.

We arrived at about 5:00 P.M., unpacked, and began drinking. I'm not sure when we went to bed, but I do recall hearing several sirens in the distance throughout the night.

In the morning, there was a distinct smell of fire in the air as well as a lot of falling ash. We checked the intertrons and discovered there was a moderate fire in the woods about an hour north of us. Nothing to worry about.

At 10:30 A.M., the electricity went out. We weren't worried because it's common for the power to be shut off if there's a fire in the area; they do this to prevent power equipment from serving as an accelerant if the fire gets too close to it. Typically, crews inspect the area and restore power within about a half hour. Still nothing to worry about.

When the power didn't come on within a couple hours, we began to worry about our water supply. Electric pumps continuously fill above ground water tanks from a well. If the tanks run dry, we're fucked. So I filled the bathtub with water and drove into the small town to buy a couple bags of ice.

We ate sandwiches for lunch, kept drinking and continued to periodically check the web for updates. Still nothing to worry about.

By mid afternoon, the wind shifted and pushed the fire west, away from us. But at the same time we found an online advisory to vacate the area. Not an evacuation order, but an advisory. Nothing to worry too much about. We decided to stay the night and assess the situation in the morning. We barbequed some dinner and poured more drinks. We weren't overly worried.

Just after sundown, a sheriff's vehicle pulled up to the cabin and told us we need to leave and advised us to do it within an hour. At some point within the previous hour, the wind had shifted again and began pushing the flames south, towards us. It was now burning the forest and community located within a five minute drive from where our cabin is located. We decided to start worrying. It took us about a half hour to pack our shit and begin the hour drive back to the valley.

This morning, we watched to news and were pleased to learn that the fire never made it any further south from where it was when we left and that our cabin is still in no immediate danger. The town of Shaver is still standing. but the fire is still at zero percent containment. today will be an interesting day as we watch this shitty situation unfold.
DRINK!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

I`d be so pissed if our woods would burn one day. They`re right across the street lol our house wouldn`t make it.

But good to hear that you`re safe. Is your cabin insured for this kind of stuff?
Drink!

Dear Booze

Post by Dear Booze »

DRINK!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

^ ^ ^ Well thankfully Düsseldorfia is the Seattle of Germany so we don't have to worry about that. It's always wet and cloudy. The sun refuses to shine here. I think the sun actually said "fck you" to this part of the world.
Okole maluna!

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

Artful Drunktective wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:21 am
^ ^ ^ Well thankfully Düsseldorfia is the Seattle of Germany so we don't have to worry about that. It's always wet and cloudy. The sun refuses to shine here. I think the sun actually said "fck you" to this part of the world.
mate I live in Manchester which is known as "the rainy city" in England....a country fucking synonymous with rain.
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

Dear Booze wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:44 pm
It's gettin ready to burn. https://twitter.com/CphilpottCraig/stat ... 57026?s=09
Sucks. Glad y'all made it out, but that's a pretty shitty story.
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Rye and Coke wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:57 pm
Dear Booze wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:44 pm
It's gettin ready to burn. https://twitter.com/CphilpottCraig/stat ... 57026?s=09
Sucks. Glad y'all made it out, but that's a pretty shitty story.
I hear Yay, what a bunghole of a shitplace to own a crackhouse.
Fuking dumb
Drink!

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Artful Drunktective wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:23 am
Rye and Coke wrote:
I was leaving the store when guess who pulled up in his windowless, nondescript van? Old Mr. Overholt.

Well first off didja get in Mr. O's nondescript windowless van??? And didja get a "treat"???
Someone may have been molested. Do we have to do a hypnotic regression to get to the truth?
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Mounted a 4-outlet strip to the wall by sinking wood screws into the lathe wall. It appears to be holding well.

whiskeyprick
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by whiskeyprick »

Was excited to watch some college football. Placed a 1st-half bet on Notre dame. ate some expired sausage. fell asleep before halftime. waited forever to play my nightly PLO8 tourney( placed 3rd last night) and played for 3 hours then lost to some suck out on a str8 draw. no winnings today but drank some Chardonnay
Gambling is a disease, but it's the only one you can win a ton of money for having - Norm Macdonald

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Strong showing on Skype today. Spent nearly 6hrs talking to drunks including the famous and forever slurred be his name, FKR. There were a half dozen of us going strong for many hours. It was quite a showing to remember.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Lush City wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:16 am
remember.
What u talkin bout?
Drink!