Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Re: Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

Post by Rye and Coke »

As long as we all remember to wipe front to back.
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

Dirty Diamond Lou
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Re: Crap! Drunk again.

Post by Dirty Diamond Lou »

scream ale wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 10:33 am
ThirstyDrunk wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 8:59 am
CRAP!

hahahah who says that anymore?
I know it's bullshit. Crap is a perfectly fine and under used word.
You two should apologize for your use of foul language. Go wash your mouths out with soap.
I'm also known as ssapals.

aka: Dirty Lou
aka: Sweet Lou
aka: The Whole Enchilada

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: Crap! Drunk again.

Post by scream ale »

Dirty Diamond Lou wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 2:37 am
scream ale wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 10:33 am
ThirstyDrunk wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 8:59 am
CRAP!

hahahah who says that anymore?
I know it's bullshit. Crap is a perfectly fine and under used word.
You two should apologize for your use of foul language. Go wash your mouths out with soap.
My dad actually did wash my mouth out with soap once. It wasn't very pleasant. Nor did it have much of a fucking positive impact on my goddamn choice of words.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Day #2 of the Minneapolis riots in a nutshell:

The shit started in earnest on Tuesday afternoon. For most of the day, several thousand protesters kept the 3rd Precinct under siege while police set up barricades. Rocks and bottles were thrown while police in riot gear fired back with rubber bullets, flash bangs and tear gas from their fortified positions.

Then around 3:00 PM something sparked. Several police vehicles were completely totalled and every window on the first floor of cop shop was smashed.

Adjacent stores opted to close for customer safety, but by 3:30 the front door of the Target store was smashed in. Mostly masked people began streaming out with baskets and carts full of looted good, stacks of television sets, drugs from the pharmacy. It was a free for all. The same for the liquor and grocery stores.

As the sun began to set, it was evident from the ground that the entire area was lawless, and it was quite surreal to watch dozens of familiar building aflame with apocalyptic volumes of black smoke billowing into the sky.

At times like that, all you can do is take a long draw from the bottle and say "wow".

The looting continued into the night down a two mile stretch of the main thoroughfare of Lake Street. Over a hundred businesses were looted while bonfires and salvos of fireworks were set in the street, gun magazines being emptied into the air. Several people were shot, one dead.

Now it's Day # 3 and shit looks extra ugly by the light of morning. This is likely only tip of the shit iceberg. The National Guard has been authorized for deployment which should make things extra interesting.

On a personal note, I am thankful to see that one of my favorite old bars located in the war zone (The Schooner Bar) is still standing. Word has it that several "motorcycle enthusiasts" volunteered themselves for overnight security duty along the perimeter. Hope they got a drink.

Apologies for the long wind, that's all for now. Peace out.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Day #3 in a nutshell:

Just a short note.

The Hexagon Bar is a burned out shell this morning. It was a dive I frequented often, a mere two block walk from the house I moved out of in 2019. Despite the owner being a jerk and my theft of glassware in response to his constant raising of drink prices, this comes as sad news to me, much like the death of a family member or friend.

RIP Hexagon . You will be missed.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Looks like they torched the police station. A more legitimate target than Target. Yesterday there was a headline that said the mayor was nearly in tears as he stood in front of cameras begging everyone to stop burning shit down. Not very good leadership.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

I haven't been to work in five days now. Last Monday I told them I was taking three days off to let my back heal. Then I told them I needed more. I have to be back to work on Sunday, but my back still hurts. This is the second time in six months back pain has kept me from work. Frankly, I'm a little frightened. When I compare my net worth to that of my fellow Americans, I can see just how really poor I am. There's no way in hell I can survive here on just a disability check. But I lack the skills to do anything other than dumdum work. I once asked a friend about this Continuing Education program that our city has where they train people for jobs. I have experience as an electronics technician from the US Navy, but it was thirty years ago and probably isn't very relevant today. However, one of the jobs that Continuing Education trains for is Electronics Technician. My friend told me they probably wouldn't take me. It isn't like college where you just enroll and go to class. You have to be interviewed by someone who determines what you are best suited for. He said someone my age would probably be passed over in order to let younger people who could offer an employer a longer career than I could. There isn't much of a future for a nearly-crippled 54 year old with no money in the bank.

Last night I was too depressed and scared to even pour the wine. At least I'm feeling well enough tonight to get drunk.

PS: I had always thought that the cause of the nightmares that tormented my sleep was too much booze. Whenever I would start drinking early in the day, I'd have nightmares all night long. Well, I had them last night even though I had nothing to drink. The booze was innocent all along.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Hugh wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 4:14 pm
Looks like they torched the police station. A more legitimate target than Target. Yesterday there was a headline that said the mayor was nearly in tears as he stood in front of cameras begging everyone to stop burning shit down. Not very good leadership.
No offense, Hugh, but you're being ignorant and talking about things through a lens. In fact, you sounded a bit like President Tweetster when you said that.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Badfellow wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 10:45 pm
Hugh wrote:
No offense, Hugh, but you're being ignorant and talking about things through a lens. In fact, you sounded a bit like President Tweetster when you said that.
Huh? Cheeto Von Tweeto said that Target was a legit target? I missed that one, but I don't have twitter.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

This shit has me upset. Out in La Mesa, CA there was a somewhat violent confrontation between a cop and someone at a trolley stop. (White cop, black man at the trolley stop.) No one was injured, but protests are underway anyway. Is it going to spread to here? All I'm doing tonight is sipping the whiskey and wondering what to do if it all blows up.

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by RIPT2.0 »

Well, if they bring riots to the suburbs like they say they're going to I know what to do. Break out the assault rifle and shoot to kill.

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

"WE DEMAND JUSTICE! and free 60 inch flat screen TV's!"

Next round of stimulus payments via Target
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Citywide curfew is in effect for most of the metro area from 8:00 PM to 6:00 AM. The city was eerily quiet last night, save the occasional reports of someone emtying the clip of a semi-auto handgun.

Strangely, I'm not nervous. Finished a bottle of tequila on my balcony through late in the night and skyped with a good group of Drunkards (you know who you are, assuming you remember).

Hugh wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 11:01 pm
Badfellow wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 10:45 pm
Hugh wrote:
Huh? Cheeto Von Tweeto said that Target was a legit target? I missed that one, but I don't have twitter.
No, the part about the mayor being a whiny wimp. Yeah, he's a little emo and, of course, he's a bastard politician. But the poor guy Jacob Frey is under enough pressure to crush even someone with testicles of solid steel.

Sorry I said you sounded like Emperor Cheeto " El Camacho" von Tweeto. That was a low blow.

-
ThirstyDrunk wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 11:01 am
"WE DEMAND JUSTICE! and free 60 inch flat screen TV's!"
Hey, can you go loot me up a five gallon bucket of Arby's sauce next time you're out demanding justice?

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Horsey sauce is where it's at, man.
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Man, like, I abide the Horsey sauce.