Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

Post by mistah willies »

Bunch of Injuns invaded close by. Two, count 'em, two conferences by them Injuns being held in Crystal City.

It's been going exactly as you would hope it would.

Heading back in an hour with a change of clothes I may utilize come Thursday.

I'm drinking black ink. At least that remains the same.

DRINK!

Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

This week in a nutshell I was reminded why:

I don’t get super drunk the night before I have important adult stuff to do the next morning.

I don’t deal with children regularly at my job.

I love raw ahi tuna.

I never became a police officer.

I don’t like going to bars alone.

I have never previously purchased ground chicken and make them into “burgers”.

I hate it when people wear socks with sandals / flip flops.

I don’t give Brazilian bikini waxes to men. (HA! just jokin’ just thought I'd slip that in there).

the Big Lebowski is ALWAYS so relevant to day to day life.

it’s totally disgusting when my dog tries to hump my cat.

it shouldn't be illegal to run over people if they willingly choose to walk behind your car when you are backing out of a parking space and they are in your blind spot and yet, don't move out of the way.

I don’t drink booze at work when I watched my friend (and co-worker) painstakingly pour Malibu rum into an empty bottle of grape flavored Gatorade Zero and drop some red and blue food coloring in it to disguise the rum as purple Gatorade so she could drink it at work in plain sight.
Okole maluna!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

The last one is the best.

The assholes living in the flat above me for whatever reason were using a grinding machine all week on their floors. Don`t know why. It was like 8 hour earthquakes.
Drink!

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Well this week I learned , after calling my contact, that after two interviews and a promise of a third one in the new year, that they had selected someone else for a position that I had applied for. There was also a promise that I would be notified of the outcome whether I got the job or not. I was not called, emailed or texted by the HR fuckwits. Probably not a place I wanted to work any way.

I also found out this week that there is an electrician job opening at my current place of employment. i dropped a current resume of at HR. Firgers crossed.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

calx
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by calx »

Patchez wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:58 pm
Well this week I learned , after calling my contact, that after two interviews and a promise of a third one in the new year, that they had selected someone else for a position that I had applied for. There was also a promise that I would be notified of the outcome whether I got the job or not. I was not called, emailed or texted by the HR fuckwits. Probably not a place I wanted to work any way.

I also found out this week that there is an electrician job opening at my current place of employment. i dropped a current resume of at HR. Firgers crossed.
Are you white? You might want to checkmark "African American" on the resume to get an interview.
Watch "The Money Masters" on youtube and read "The Creature From Jekyll Island" by G. Edward Griffin to unveil the true enemy.

Innovating the human race to extinction.™

Long live David Icke!

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

calx wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:09 am
Patchez wrote:

Are you white? You might want to checkmark "African American" on the resume to get an interview.
I'm mostly pissed because i had stopped smoking the good stuff till this had resoveld itself. Been smokeless since around Thanksgiving. What kind of a shitty company makes a guy do that. Fuck they could have just shot an email at the end of Jan to say, "hey we picked someone else. Smoke up buddy."

calx

Post by calx »

I wish the idiots in charge of this country would legalize it too. Fucking stupid!
Watch "The Money Masters" on youtube and read "The Creature From Jekyll Island" by G. Edward Griffin to unveil the true enemy.

Long live David Icke!

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

calx wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:15 am
I wish the idiots in charge of this country would legalize it too. Fucking stupid!
Amen. Scored a gram of Super Skywalker OG from a cat I work with that has a PA medical card. Small steps.

calx

Post by calx »

Patchez wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:25 am
calx wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:15 am
Amen. Scored a gram of Super Skywalker OG from a cat I work with that has a PA medical card. Small steps.
Hold on i'm coming over. :D

Long live David Icke!

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Patchez wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:13 am
Been smokeless since around Thanksgiving.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
and then he died
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

ThurstonDrunk wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:15 am
Patchez wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:13 am
Been smokeless since around Thanksgiving.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
and then he died
Close. So fucking close. Even passed up offers at Uller Fest. Remember the chick that didn't seem into me? Yeah. She got lit and wanted to smoke me up with her buddies. Apparently my shouts of "we worship the Old Gods in the old way!" got her juices flowing. Those fucks at QVC will pay.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

calx wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:09 am
Patchez wrote:

Don`t forget fat and pregnant.
If this is not disabled enough top it off with gay and drunk, sorry Booznik, you aint touch this
Drink!

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Yesterday was spent at a onetime favorite haunt of mine. The old Bonneauville Inn, now known as Zippers, was closing down and they had an auction to unload some of the stuff. Spent time hanging with old drunks from back in the day. We all agreed that we had some of the best times we'll never remember at this joint.

Anyways here's some of the stuff i bought.

Hanging wall tap system. 10 bucks

All the wall tap set up and a single column double tap for the old Beermeister I'm restoring. double column was 17 bucks.

Pentagon table 32 bucks

I also got an Old Mud mirror for 25 bucks.

The others are just general pics from the auction.

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Nice haul, Patchez! Cool that you could take a little bit of the place with you. Though I gotta say, the asymmetry of that pentagon table irks me OCD tendencies.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Nausea wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:03 am
Nice haul, Patchez! Cool that you could take a little bit of the place with you. Though I gotta say, the asymmetry of that pentagon table irks me OCD tendencies.
Plans are to put it in the corner of the breakfast nook and still be able to seat three.