Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

Post by scream ale »

oettinger wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:20 pm
scream ale wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:31 pm
In a word...BORED!
I`d rather be bored than having to deal with dumb people. There`s only so much an upright landlord can stomach. It`s mindblowing how many mentally challenged folks roam planet earth
Take 'em to the zoo.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

scream ale wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:20 pm
oettinger wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:20 pm
scream ale wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:31 pm
In a word...BORED!
I`d rather be bored than having to deal with dumb people. There`s only so much an upright landlord can stomach. It`s mindblowing how many mentally challenged folks roam planet earth
Take 'em to the zoo.
I had hope that this was the song when I clicked. I had the same train or bus of thought.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

scream ale wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:20 pm

Take 'em to the zoo.
I think I am the zookeeper already
Drink!

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

In a nutshell, I'm messed up as hell on weed and tequila and beer. It's time for my rendezvous with my Sealy Posturpedic.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Bluto
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Bluto »

Funeral.
A nip of bourbon from my cousin’s flask.
Stop at the new monster sized Candy Store. Scored some bourbon, vodka, and mixers.
Back to the lake house for a few drinks.
Getting to leave to a birthday party for a little girl a thousand miles from home who sat through her Pappy’s funeral just seven hours ago.
I have driving to do, but night will end with a good pour of bourbon.

-Bluto
Going to happy hour and not drinking is like going to an orgy and masturbating. You just took a great idea and turned it into a circle jerk. -Sixpack595

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Bluto wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:54 pm
Funeral.
Stop at the new monster sized Candy Store. Scored some bourbon, vodka, and mixers.
Getting to leave to a birthday party for a little girl a thousand miles from home who sat through her Pappy’s funeral just seven hours ago.

-Bluto
Sounds like a shit day. Ups and downs. Here's to getting through the rough bits. Thank Bacchus booze helps. Cheers.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

My day was a bit happy and a bit sad.

Happy because I scored some nice bottles that I had been hunting, all in the same store. Kinda nice not to run all over Hell's creation to find them.

Sad because we stopped at one of my back in the day dives that will be closing on Saturday for good. Owner died and the kids just want out. The old man loved that bar. Shitty thing for the kids to do.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

So far I've said fuck going to work and am enjoying a bourbon laced coffee. Looks to be a day of fucking off followed by an evening of a small late birthday celebration for me.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Bluto wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:54 pm
Funeral.

-Bluto
Now that sucks big time.

My day was stupid but I don`t feel like elabortating
Drink!

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

This is actually a pre-day in a nutshell post.

Before I left work last night, I looked at the decrew list and my name was near the top, meaning that I was entitled to an unpaid day off from work sometime soon. Last night I told myself that if I do get to have the day off, that I would stay home and NOT go to any fucking bars. But I just got the call, I can have the day off, and I'm so fucking OVERJOYED that I want to hit the bars. Not even visions of jail, dumpsters, and upsetting Lonely Old Men who drink in the middle of the day is deterring me.

Dear Gods of Drinking, sitting up there on your filthy sofas with broken springs and overflowing ash trays on the coffee tables, please let me have a good day out there. I've been punished enough, I just want to go out and not get into any shit. I won't even play anything on the jukebox. Just let me have this one day please.

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

Hugh wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:02 pm

Before I left work last night, I looked at the decrew list and my name was near the top, meaning that I was entitled to an unpaid day off from work sometime soon. Last night I told myself that if I do get to have the day off, that I would stay home and NOT go to any fucking bars. But I just got the call, I can have the day off, and I'm so fucking OVERJOYED that I want to hit the bars. Not even visions of jail, dumpsters, and upsetting Lonely Old Men who drink in the middle of the day is deterring me.

Dear Gods of Drinking, sitting up there on your filthy sofas with broken springs and overflowing ash trays on the coffee tables, please let me have a good day out there. I've been punished enough, I just want to go out and not get into any shit. I won't even play anything on the jukebox. Just let me have this one day please.
Goddamn, Bacchus be with you. ... I so wish you had a partner to drink with, a Virgil to your Dante as it were; because damn if Hugh isn't capable of fucking his shit up in beautifully brutal ways.

LOL, I'm having goddamn anxiety attacks here thinking about what's about to happen, hahaha
Last edited by Rye and Coke on Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

My day on the other hand was spent working from home, listening to Doug Stanhope podcasts and slowly reintroducing my body to alcohol. I've been taking it easy for about a week because my last hangover came with some scary physical ailments that I wanted to nip in the bud immediately. Now that things are back to normal, shit, let's party...
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

^ ^ ^ Totally! It's also an anxiety ridden moment when Hugh writes a "pre-day nutshell" post about hopefully not ending up in a Dumpster or getting picked up by a serial rapist and then has yet to post afterwards...
Hugh wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:02 pm
I'm so fucking OVERJOYED that I want to hit the bars. Not even visions of jail, dumpsters, and upsetting Lonely Old Men who drink in the middle of the day is deterring me.
Okole maluna!

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Artful Drunktective wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:15 am
^ ^ ^ Totally! It's also an anxiety ridden moment when Hugh writes a "pre-day nutshell" post about hopefully not ending up in a Dumpster or getting picked up by a serial rapist and then has yet to post afterwards...
Ha! Well, here's what happened. Something most unusual indeed. I opened my front door, took a good look at all that bright sunshine, and then closed the door. With me still inside. I grabbed my book and headed for the couch. I stayed home. One of my New Year's resolutions was to cut back on bars, it's a resolution I make and break every year, but this is gonna be my year. It was a beer and whiskey night at home. But it wasn't all peaches and cream. I'm becoming more and more incontinent as I drink beer. It makes me get up to pee every four or five minutes (not exaggerating, I've timed it) and there's always a few drops that wait to exit until after I've zipped back up. Wine doesn't do this to me. Will I be forced to give up beer?

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Limit beer drinking to shower times?