Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

Post by oettinger »

scream ale wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:18 pm
Limit beer drinking to shower times?
Bahtroom in general
Drink!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Hugh wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:37 pm
I'm becoming more and more incontinent as I drink beer. It makes me get up to pee every four or five minutes (not exaggerating, I've timed it) and there's always a few drops that wait to exit until after I've zipped back up. Wine doesn't do this to me. Will I be forced to give up beer?

No for the love of Bacchus don't give up beer. Women have had this problem since the beginning of time. You can't "break the seal". Once you do, it's beyond your bladder control. It's a reality and it sucks.
Okole maluna!

MissFit
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by MissFit »

1. Woke up around 12:30pm with crazy headache (Last night some dude kept buying me Tequila shots
2. Took a shower and shaved
3. Went back to bed
4. Woke up around 4 pm. Eating Cpt. Crunch with a Bloody Mary (not together)
5. Made and drank two more Bloody Marys with 4 Tylenols
6. Showered again and got ready to go to work
7. I'm out of here shift starts a 6
8. Going to be a long and busy Saturday night but the money is good
Thanks for keeping this thread alive, seems like so many posts are old, really old.
Been there, done that.....more than once!
Buy me a drink and see where it gets you

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

I had to hand over the keys to two flats to new tennants moving in while the old ones where moving out. All in one house on different floors, at he same time. With twenty something helping carrying people roaming the staircase. Total chaos. I`m glad I didn`t mix up too much of the paper work. Trying to relax with vodka and Marlboros right now
Drink!

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

oettinger wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:36 pm
I had to hand over the keys to two flats to new tennants moving in while the old ones where moving out. All in one house on different floors, at he same time. With twenty something helping carrying people roaming the staircase. Total chaos. I`m glad I didn`t mix up too much of the paper work. Trying to relax with vodka and Marlboros right now
My landlord redoes every apartment before moving a new tenant in, even if the previous tenant was only there a short while. The paint on the walls is so thick it covers a wall carving of a sailing ship so much that you can barely tell what it is anymore. It's quite literally a hundred years worth of paint.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Artful Drunktective wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:46 pm
Hugh wrote:
I'm becoming more and more incontinent as I drink beer. It makes me get up to pee every four or five minutes (not exaggerating, I've timed it) and there's always a few drops that wait to exit until after I've zipped back up. Wine doesn't do this to me. Will I be forced to give up beer?

No for the love of Bacchus don't give up beer. Women have had this problem since the beginning of time. You can't "break the seal". Once you do, it's beyond your bladder control. It's a reality and it sucks.
I've been told this seal breaking story since I was a teenager. It's never applied to me. Once I start on beer it's over. Not quite as severe for me as it seems for Hugh but it's more frequently than I care for. But I love beer more than sitting in one spot for hours on end.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Hugh wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:46 pm
oettinger wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:36 pm
My landlord redoes every apartment before moving a new tenant in, even if the previous tenant was only there a short while. The paint on the walls is so thick it covers a wall carving of a sailing ship so much that you can barely tell what it is anymore. It's quite literally a hundred years worth of paint.
You survived! We were worried when there was just a robotic hotline voice on the San Diego coroner`s office phone.
We even tried lost and found.

Tell your landlord that every 250 years he loses a square foot of loarding land by applying this painting practice!
Drink!

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Hugh wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:15 am
^ ^ ^ Totally! It's also an anxiety ridden moment when Hugh writes a "pre-day nutshell" post about hopefully not ending up in a Dumpster or getting picked up by a serial rapist and then has yet to post afterwards...
Ha! Well, here's what happened. Something most unusual indeed. I opened my front door, took a good look at all that bright sunshine, and then closed the door. With me still inside. I grabbed my book and headed for the couch. I stayed home. One of my New Year's resolutions was to cut back on bars, it's a resolution I make and break every year, but this is gonna be my year. It was a beer and whiskey night at home. But it wasn't all peaches and cream. I'm becoming more and more incontinent as I drink beer. It makes me get up to pee every four or five minutes (not exaggerating, I've timed it) and there's always a few drops that wait to exit until after I've zipped back up. Wine doesn't do this to me. Will I be forced to give up beer?
LMAO!
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

I am reading online today about the corona virus widespread hysteria and how the stores here are getting sparse on supplies. This is super annoying because it most certainly fks up our typical routine grocery shopping if there's no toilet paper and pasta. So we decided to go check it out to see if we had to stock up on normal stuff before the doomsdayers wipe everything out.

We are putzing around and yeah the pasta and canned goods took a major hit but nothing too crazy. Then we got to the vodka section and there were like, 8 bottles left. Now THAT was panic worthy.
Okole maluna!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

After passing out on the couch as the liittle lady couldn't raise my dead ass, I eventually regained consciousness and found I was still properly shit faced. I'm amazed no one said anything during the first few hours at work cause it was a bit of a struggle on my end. Surprisingly there was no early afternoon hangover, just an out of sorts feeling that lasted the rest of the day. Most likely from a shitty night's sleep. Sipping tall cans tonight, no whiskey, gonna be a good boy. Cheers people.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

MissFit wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:00 pm
Eating Cpt. Crunch with a Bloody Mary (not together)
Where is your sense of adventure? I had a Tom Collins and Cheerios once. Most excellent.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Worked the closing shift today and got off at midnight. Tired as shit, but not too tired to not drink some WT Rare Breed.

I miss the days when I could pull all-nighters playing Counter Strike and be fine -- the amphetamines probably helped with that one.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Nausea wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:14 am
Worked the closing shift today and got off at midnight. Tired as shit, but not too tired to not drink some WT Rare Breed.
Liquor stores close at midnight there? I feel so cheated living here with the 9-9:30 bullshit.
Nausea wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:14 am
I miss the days when I could pull all-nighters playing Counter Strike and be fine -- the Kentucky Deluxe probably helped with that one.

Fixed that for ya.

In a nutshell my day is zooming right along for once. A mere 2 hours to go then sweet relief is just a short ride away.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:32 pm
I am reading online today about the corona virus widespread hysteria and how the stores here are getting sparse on supplies. This is super annoying because it most certainly fks up our typical routine grocery shopping if there's no toilet paper and pasta. So we decided to go check it out to see if we had to stock up on normal stuff before the doomsdayers wipe everything out.

We are putzing around and yeah the pasta and canned goods took a major hit but nothing too crazy. Then we got to the vodka section and there were like, 8 bottles left. Now THAT was panic worthy.
Some of the stores out here are stocking up on potato chips, Fritos, Cheetos, etc. to be prepared for a run on supplies. I work in a warehouse that supplies Frito Lay products to stores, and we also supply them to the Amazon Prime Now place that delivers groceries same day. The Amazon account doesn't usually order a lot of stuff from us. They only place two orders per week and each order is one or two pallets worth of stuff. This week their order was 14 pallets of stuff! There's no fucking way they'll sell all that stuff, not even grocery stores sell that much stuff on holiday weekends. I don't know what the fuck these people are thinking.

This morning I was in a Walgreens to get bread and milk and a customer was asking a clerk, "Where's the hand sanitizer?" The clerk was just at that moment getting ready to restock it because it keeps selling out.

One good thing about this coronavirus panic is that the stock market is selling off and I've got a couple of stocks I'll buy and sell back to them later when coronavirus is all but forgotten.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Laundry done, errands run, apartment cleaned. Even cooked a meal for myself. Getting things done is a sure fire way to lift you out of depression. I've got a couple of injuries that have gotten bad enough that they are slowing me down at work to the point that other people are noticing. I'm usually the first loader done with his share, but this week I've been finishing almost last. It had me so bummed out I didn't even drink at all last night. But now I'm ready to pour the wine and get fucked up.

Starting drinking an hour early, since we have to move our clocks forward an hour this weekend.