Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

Post by oettinger »

Can`t you hire a social media bot from china. Like your book comes in with a nice kitchen and some barely fake air jordans
Drink!

Thompson
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Thompson »

DrunkinEurope wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2023 4:05 pm
For some reason (I blame having been dry for a couple of days), today I decided to look into how to promote my published novel, if I want it to make some sales. So, I spent half the day reading articles offering marketing and promoting tips. Naturally, the conclusion was what I'd always known: I need a strong social media presence. Since I hate social media almost as much as Europeans hate the Germans, I decided to stop reading insipid how-to articles and do what I enjoy the most, drinking Four Roses, listening to music, and churning up poems.
Another published writer. Damn! What is the title? A book of poems? I was in Europe once, and yes, I failed the breath test. Har har, but a true story, they have these self drunk tests at bars now, you blow into the machine and it gives you your blood alcohol level and tells you if you can legally drive. I blew into the machine and the machine just gave out.
“Talk is cheap, whiskey costs money.” — Harry Caray

Thompson

Post by Thompson »

I was trying to impress the bartender, who didn’t give out. Win some lose some. Had a good time in Brighton. Ate at Darcy’s, fucking great. Is it still in business? I don’t think I’ve ever had a better restaurant meal. Was it Dover sole? I can’t remember. I remember vividly the gentleman sitting next to me. I said, Do you mind if I smoke? He said, Of course not, carry on my good man!

Thompson

Post by Thompson »

Then there was this joint in Reims. I think it was called La Provance or La Florance. The owner had a dog who sat around in the bar area. The food was super, but once again, it is the other shit that you remember. Ladybug and I ordered a red wine with our fish and the waiter would not allow a red wine with the fish. No no no , he said, and the owner and dog came over to see what the commotion was about. No no no, he said, You do not want this red wine with this fish!!

Anyway he picked out a fine white wine and I will never forget him.

DrunkinEurope
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by DrunkinEurope »

Thompson wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2023 10:37 am
Another published writer. Damn! What is the title? A book of poems? I was in Europe once, and yes, I failed the breath test. Har har, but a true story, they have these self drunk tests at bars now, you blow into the machine and it gives you your blood alcohol level and tells you if you can legally drive. I blew into the machine and the machine just gave out.
Those drunk test machines should play some celebratory music when someone reaches a certain BAC level. Or just ask "are you sure you're still alive, sir?"
It's a poetry collection, Bourbon Bottles and Broken Beds, and a novel, Of the riverside; the novel's published by Anxiety Press, same as Hugh's novel, guess the guy running it has an eye for drunk writers.

Thompson

Post by Thompson »

Wow. Thanks! I will order both. No, I have to get that mean bitch Labysnake to order them. I can’t order nothing on this phone. I hate that part of being in servitude or whatever the word is to an ungrateful hooker and ice cream sandwich hog.

Thompson

Post by Thompson »

And she crushed my last pack of cigarettes which I was saving for emergencies. That is mean, pure mean. Now that means that I have to put the vodka bottle under my head and keep one eye open at all times because once she starts taking away shit she doesn’t stop.

Thompson

Post by Thompson »

I can’t believe how good you guys are. I’m all discombobulated when I read your stuff. I’ll get that Ladysnake to order the books tomorrow. No talking to her tonight. And thanks GGE.

Who else writes books of poems and novels, then gets them published and has their picture on Wikipedia? Man oh man I’m moving around with an elite crowd.

I think I’ll have a double with no ice and a Budweiser back. Bottoms up. Get you one too. The night is young and I’m proud to pay for the first round.

Dear Booze
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Dear Booze »

Thompson wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2023 4:58 pm
And she crushed my last pack of cigarettes which I was saving for emergencies. That is mean, pure mean. Now that means that I have to put the vodka bottle under my head and keep one eye open at all times because once she starts taking away shit she doesn’t stop.
Glad to see you posting in this thread. It's nice to see you mix it up a bit. Yer stuff is always entertaining.
DRINK!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Dear Booze wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 5:30 pm
Thompson wrote:
Glad to see you posting in this thread. It's nice to see you mix it up a bit. Yer stuff is always entertaining.
yeah
Drink!

Jimmy Lester {RIP}
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Jimmy Lester {RIP} »

oettinger wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 5:31 pm
Dear Booze wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 5:30 pm
Thompson wrote:
yeah
I fucking concur. Keep up the good shit.

Thompson

Post by Thompson »

I woke up with a rotten taste in my mouth. I said to myself, How can I have a rotten taste in my mouth when I didn’t eat anything? I replied to myself, Well then what is that rotten taste in your mouth? Another bad tooth? Is that taste from booze and cigarettes? Impossible because I only drink premium shit like Budweiser and Burnett’s and smoke Bugler tobacco and snort German snuff and I brushed my teeth only yesterday so what is it?

I don’t know. I’m not worried about it any more. I’m going to read some poems from this here book of poems A Home to Crouch In, except I smashed to shit the table lamp last night and it’s dark in the room right now.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

It's gonna be one of those extra shitty weeks. On the bright side I'm well stocked to cope with this shit show.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Day drinking instead of going to work rules. Cheers people.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Cheers to that, SA.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ