Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

Post by scream ale »

Today went downhill after breakfast, as most work days tend to. But now it's beer time!

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

first full week back in work this week and it's our busiest month of the year..was fucking awful but today wasn't so bad..

9am - arived in work and did fuck all for 5 hours cause all my systems were down.
2pm - boss let me go early, cracked the beer i'd stored in the work fridge and walked to the pub, had three gin and tonics to prepare for the journey home.
4.30pm - arived home and cracked a beer...my mrs told me she was heading out so had to sit there for an hour and a half drinking beer while she tried shit on in front of me.
6pm - made homemade burgers drank more beer
7pm - she left to go out leaving a full pint of fucking awfuk sweet fruity cider...had to chug the cider as it would have gone to waste...i made a big bourbon to go with it so as not to fully pussyfy myself.

..it's like 8pm now and the plan is to listen to guided by voiced and drink beer and bourbon all night.
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

benitobeast69 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:57 pm

..had to chug the cider as it would have gone to waste...
Good work.

Me? I drank as soon as I woke up. Passed out. Now I'm drinking more. Thank goodness I left myself well-stocked.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

benitobeast69 wrote:
first full week back in work this week and it's our busiest month of the year..was fucking awful but today wasn't so bad..

9am - arived in work and did fuck all for 5 hours cause all my systems were down.
2pm - boss let me go early, cracked the beer i'd stored in the work fridge and walked to the pub, had three gin and tonics to prepare for the journey home.
4.30pm - arived home and cracked a beer...my mrs told me she was heading out so had to sit there for an hour and a half drinking beer while she tried shit on in front of me.
7pm - she left to go out leaving a full pint of fucking awfuk sweet fruity cider...had to chug the cider as it would have gone to waste...i made a big bourbon to go with it so as not to fully pussyfy myself.

..it's like 8pm now and the plan is to listen to guided by voiced and drink beer and bourbon all night.
lol your days are the best. Keep a diary please
I spent the whole day drinking and doing nothing but bringing a friend to the airport
Drink!

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

oettinger wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:00 pm
benitobeast69 wrote:

lol your days are the best. Keep a diary please
I spent the whole day drinking and doing nothing but bringing a friend to the airport

haha..i assume you drove your buddy to the airport before you spent the whole day drinking. Otherwise I'm just picturing you cruising in to the airport...cigarette lit backwards in your mouth.. martini glass in hand...wing mirror hanging off. lol
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Yeah, another day in paradise, and as they say, Heaven is a place where nothing ever happens. Just keep that juice flowing!
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Lush City wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:15 pm
Yeah, another day in paradise, and as they say, Heaven is a place where nothing ever happens. Just keep that juice flowing!
Same here. Except, moved into a new shack and it was 4°F during the day.
Then it got cold at night, so we had to drink to warm up.
We hibernated.
Best sleep in months.

Friggin love Maine, truly.

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

I had to drive in shitty conditions today. Can't wait for winter to be over.

At least there's rum.

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Busted out my work duties to get out early and enjoy some fine Kentucky Deluxe. Have tomorrow off so I have no reason to hold back.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Friggin wicked chilly chummy, yessah.

This old place didn't get a chance to get ahead of the cold. Even did the ol' oven bump to notch it up above seeing your breath in the mud room.

However, lovely Miss Ethyl is indeed a mighty salvation.
(Looking into high test brandy to ease off a bit from the Kraken.)

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

I had to point out to yet another manager that at no point in our staff guidance does it advise we can't keep alcohol in the fridge for consumption of site (or as soon as I get in the lift in my case) after dicking about for ages she finally agreed...she did ask if I could please limit it to a couple of cans in future rather than a whole case.

My day sucked dick..i finished work at 9pm from a 12 hour shift. I drank 4 beers on the 25 minute tram home. I've been drinking beer and rum ever since...

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

benitobeast69 wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:40 pm
My day sucked dick..
So did mine! Cheers buddy!

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

benitobeast69 wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:40 pm
I had to point out to yet another manager that at no point in our staff guidance does it advise we can't keep alcohol in the fridge for consumption of site (or as soon as I get in the lift in my case) after dicking about for ages she finally agreed...she did ask if I could please limit it to a couple of cans in future rather than a whole case.

My day sucked dick..i finished work at 9pm from a 12 hour shift. I drank 4 beers on the 25 minute tram home. I've been drinking beer and rum ever since...
Seems like things were picking up there at the end of the day though.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

My day in a nutshell is simply a picture of pure wholesome SoCal health and debauchery. Did my thing at the local health club this morning early and beat the shit out of myself to end the week of high intensity work outs. Came home and fried up a bunch of scallops served with a fresh green salad after beers and shots of tequila. How healthy is that? Took a nap for a couple hours then went down to my favorite beach bar and had happy hour drinks until the sun went down. I'm deep fried large to go!
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

so jealous of your posts man...your life sounds great. retired life, fresh seafood, bear bar happy hours....fuckin perfect