Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

Post by Artful Drunktective »

SavageXmasJjelloshot wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:33 am
Okay, not today, but several days ago. My dad died. They said he could still hear us. The last thing I said I said to him was, "Goodbye, Daddy." I forgot to say that I would see him tomorrow. I didn't. He went in the middle of the night. At least he went without dementia, unlike my mom. Small blessings, I guess.
Sorry about your loss Mrs. Lady Savage. Sending you healing thoughts and may he be at peace.
Okole maluna!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Okay, not today, but several days ago. My dad died. They said he could still hear us. The last thing I said I said to him was, "Goodbye, Daddy." I forgot to say that I would see him tomorrow. I didn't. He went in the middle of the night. At least he went without dementia, unlike my mom. Small blessings, I guess.
Sorry to hear that Savage. Life always seems to hit you hard, whereas scum like me comes out unscathed, so far atleast.
Drink!

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Yes, my dear we must all go through this. Depending on your relationship it's either something you can move through or one that causes resistance like real grief. The latter is the toughest and never really goes away. It's something you keep with you daily and never forget. That is the way of the world. Knowing that you will find peace.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Dear Booze wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:26 am
Savage,

There is no way to express my sorrow for your loss. It sucks. I'll be thinking about you, your dad, and your family. I hope you will find comfort in the memories of him and the little "signs" that seem to show up following the passing of a loved one. You know them when you see them. They remind you that he loved you.
Cheers to you and your dad.
Thank you. I can't sleep right now, but I AM a nightowl, not a lark. Tomorrow, or rather, today, we go to Daddy's crappy abode, (his choice, his money, I do not know why he chose to live there) and clean out things. Things I never thought about. If you die living alone, your loved ones have to go in and throw out the smelly food in your pantry and fridge, your used towels in the bath, the sheets you died on, etc. He had a couple of closets of nice comfy casual clothes (Goodwill?) and books and a tv and some furniture and so forth. Mom's quilts and the photo albums and the dishes and bric a brac that were hers but he still hung on to will have to be divied up. How morbid. The paperwork and such is going to be handled by one of my brothers, thank goodness, because I wouldn't even know where to begin. I feel sorry for Grumpy when my time comes. At least my father died at home, in his own bed. Hospice personnel were the angels who got everyone through it. I have to get up in a few hours, and I cannot imagine falling asleep.
like tears in rain

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Savage so sorry for your loss. Losing a parent has to be hard, both of mine are still with us but I've watched them both bury theirs. It is never pretty. My heart and prayers to Bacchus go out to you and your siblings. As Pat would have said "Stiff upper lip and even stiffer spirits in your glass. Doctor's orders."
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Bur
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Bur »

What hairy boy said.

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Stepping in dog shit can spoil your whole day. Living in a residential neighborhood, it's really amazing how many folks who walk their dogs because it's all apartments and condos, don't pick up their own dog shit and this is an upscale area. There are more dogs here than people. Had to dodge so many turds today on the side walk it was ridiculous. I swear if I catch one of these bitches I'm going to rub their nose in it! Sheesh, it's amazing how hazardous it has become to walk to go buy your booze!
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Lush City wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:44 pm
Stepping in dog shit can spoil your whole day. Living in a residential neighborhood, it's really amazing how many folks who walk their dogs because it's all apartments and condos, don't pick up their own dog shit and this is an upscale area. There are more dogs here than people. Had to dodge so many turds today on the side walk it was ridiculous. I swear if I catch one of these bitches I'm going to rub their nose in it! Sheesh, it's amazing how hazardous it has become to walk to go buy your booze!
I call the street behind the house dogshitalley. Tell you, I only walk the street looking down checking for freaking landmines
Drink!

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Our lives are so futile, fleeting, and the other thing, f...... sad. I rearranged part of the library. Threw out Grumpy's disgusting toothbrush. (Shouty Grumpy). Read some. Ate egg salad. Tried, but failed, to muster up a bit of interest in a shot or two of bourbon. What's the point? Should I take selfies and post them on the internet? No. I still have four or five brain cells left.
like tears in rain

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:18 pm
Our lives are so futile, fleeting, and the other thing, f...... sad. I rearranged part of the library. Threw out Grumpy's disgusting toothbrush. (Shouty Grumpy). Read some. Ate egg salad. Tried, but failed, to muster up a bit of interest in a shot or two of bourbon. What's the point? Should I take selfies and post them on the internet? No. I still have four or five brain cells left.
I'm with you, my dear. It's all part of the grief you have to live thru. It's a lot of sadness but don't hide from it. It will help a lot.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:18 pm
Dear Lady Savage,

There really aren't any words to be said or written that compare to the amount of loss for you. It is quite clear from the above responses that here in this singular community are folks across the world who welcome you in from such a dark point in life.

That is something, there in that. Take solace, my friend, for such a thing, and here is a bottle raised high from the east in honor of your father. A drink for strength for the horrible work you are doing. Bacchus bless you.

oldsmartskunk
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by oldsmartskunk »

Woke up truly madly deeply hungover.
Puked in a shower.
Began moving out of my apartment. Due to some silly reason i am homeless at the moment. Good thing i am working the whole week, there's plenty of time to find a hole to live in.
Started dating 22yo chick.
Punched an angry teenager.
Had a cup of coffee with a lesbian.
Dealt with a case of child molestation. ( i am not the molester, just my job)
Now i am sitting here undrunk and somewhat empty inside.
6days to go.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

oldsmartskunk wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:55 am
Woke up truly madly deeply hungover.
Puked in a shower.
Began moving out of my apartment. Due to some silly reason i am homeless at the moment. Good thing i am working the whole week, there's plenty of time to find a hole to live in.
Started dating 22yo chick.
Punched an angry teenager.
Had a cup of coffee with a lesbian.
Dealt with a case of child molestation. ( i am not the molester, just my job)
Now i am sitting here undrunk and somewhat empty inside.
6days to go.

Wow sorry to hear most of that is shattastic OSS. Hope you are well, wishing you the best, and check in with us please when can.
Last edited by Artful Drunktective on Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Okole maluna!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

If you all don't hear from me in a while... please visit me at the (CCWF) Central California Women's Facility. I'll be doing time for murder in the first. Singin' Snoop Dogg as Malice aforethought was clearly evident
Okole maluna!

Bubblez
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Bubblez »

Just look up Nick Burns. Me. All day. Everyday.
What would you rather do—leave a beautiful corpse, or a scorched Earth? Don’t live fast and die young. Live long and die hard.¸

—Sarah Szabo

I'm all for a scorched Earth policy. -- Me