Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

Post by Badfellow »

Thanks for the insight, Fresno Bob.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Dear Booze wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:16 pm
Patchez wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:54 pm
Are you assholes just copying and pasting from Lund's website?
Nope. That's just stupid. Being a fisherman yourself, you must know that a Lund provides the ultimate fishing experience. Hell, built on a tradition of excellence, Lund Boats prides itself on providing the best quality and most durable boat on the market. Built with the angler in mind, Lund Boats have the most innovative fishing features in the industry. They're guide tested and wilderness proven, and demanded by more camps, resorts, fishing guides and professionals throughout North America. Lund Boats - Built by Fishermen for Fishermen.
You should be aware that I'm not a boat fisherman. I wade the streams and cricks. Fly fishing with Orvis rods. Orvis rods and fly fishing gear the only name in the game when it comes to fly fishing. Over 50 years of bringing you the finest quality rods, with the flex you need to load up for an epic cast but the back bone you need to haul in those big bruisers. Orvis the only name you need to know.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

Dear Booze wrote:
Patchez wrote:
Built by Fishermen for Fishermen.
never understood slogans like this...i mean what does a fisherman know about boat building? Can I not get one built by a boat builder instead?

I can cook but I'd be wank at making frying pans.
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

So today I took a vacation day for the local bike weekend festivities. Gonna do a little upgrading to the Bobber today and then riding up tomorrow for a little fun, booze and bikes. Also Kix will be the headliners that night.

Dear Booze
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Dear Booze »

Patchez wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:35 am
Dear Booze wrote:
Patchez wrote:
Nope. That's just stupid. Being a fisherman yourself, you must know that a Lund provides the ultimate fishing experience. Hell, built on a tradition of excellence, Lund Boats prides itself on providing the best quality and most durable boat on the market. Built with the angler in mind, Lund Boats have the most innovative fishing features in the industry. They're guide tested and wilderness proven, and demanded by more camps, resorts, fishing guides and professionals throughout North America. Lund Boats - Built by Fishermen for Fishermen.
You should be aware that I'm not a boat fisherman. I wade the streams and cricks. Fly fishing with Orvis rods. Orvis rods and fly fishing gear the only name in the game when it comes to fly fishing. Over 50 years of bringing you the finest quality rods, with the flex you need to load up for an epic cast but the back bone you need to haul in those big bruisers. Orvis the only name you need to know.
Orvis rods are the best. I think it's because they are fishing rods made by fishermen, for fishermen. With more than 150 years of rod building experience, it’s no wonder anglers look to Orvis for the highest-quality fly rods in the industry. Their fly rods are the best on the market, the culmination of cutting-edge technology, precision, and expertise. Explore their collection and find exactly what you're looking for to equip your next fly-fishing adventure. Discover a fly rod for every excursion—saltwater, freshwater, Spey casting, small creeks, and warm-water adventures.
DRINK!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

This place is turning into one big sales pitch.

Dear Booze

Post by Dear Booze »

scream ale wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:44 pm
This place is turning into one big sales pitch.
You mean a selling technique with a attempt to persuade someone by using a planned sales presentation strategy of a product or service designed to initiate and close a sale of a product or service?

Absolutely not, my dear Scream Ale, we are simply introducing you to cutting edge, top-of-the-line products and services which will enhance your pleasure, make your life easier, and save you money.
DRINK!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Must buy Lund boat. Must buy this weekend.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

As Benito would say, "I'm pretty chuffed at how it turned out."

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Today is the day my long not visited brother chose to come see me since he thought it was my birthday. It was yesterday but I'm up for entertainment. We went to early lunch in Marina del Rey right next door at a dockside restaurant with the best kitchen in the entire area. I wasn't paying for it since he wanted to make up for lost time. Such are the siblings from a dysfunctional family, yet we made out alright. It was Hendrick's martini for me before Noon and it set the pace for the rest of the day. Several rounds and great seafood we ended up back where I live visiting the local pub where my buddy was bartending. He's like 85y.o. and still full of piss and vinegar. My bother wants to live to 105 and was really making a campaign about it starting a club and printing T-shirts, 'Club 105'. Bobby the bartender was all in and it was great to see strangers having something in common. I'm not one of them. I'm 69 now and waiting on an early exit.

Yes, an end to perfect day and he even left a 12pak of 805 lager in my fridge. I don't drink that swill. He just likes it because it's from San Diego county and the 805 Fwy. I told him it tastes like bread all malt and yeast and no hopps at all. He was fine with it. What a douchebag and now what do I do with all this beer?
Last edited by Lush City on Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

YOur brother is 16 years older than you??? Well, it's good you two got together. Especially since your buddy was bartending at the one place. You guys should hook up some more and see what comes of it. A couple of old grumpy drunks getting together after all those years

Merchant Seaman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Merchant Seaman »

Woke up, got dresses, brushed my teeth, went to my Union Hall, voted on a new contract, went to Mike's Chili Parlor and Tavern, ate and drank

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Hugh wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:41 am
YOur brother is 16 years older than you??? Well, it's good you two got together. Especially since your buddy was bartending at the one place. You guys should hook up some more and see what comes of it. A couple of old grumpy drunks getting together after all those years
I think the bartender is 85
Drink!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Lush City wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:35 am
What a douchebag and now what do I do with all this beer?
Gift it to a bum
Drink!

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

oettinger wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:04 am
Lush City wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:35 am
What a douchebag and now what do I do with all this beer?
Gift it to a bum
I'm available.
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis