Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Re: Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

Post by Nausea »

Blackout Redux In Progress (BRIP).
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Lounging, playing classical music-mostly string quartets, sipping-mostly whiskey and reading. In a nutshell relaxing.

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

It was my usual Saturday after lunch old guy jaunt to local beach pub. The Santa Ana winds and high mid 80 temps had stopped so the onshore air current resumed carrying all the smoke that had been hanging over Santa Monica bay from the Malibu fires. Couldn't see down the street. Made it to the bar and cleared my lungs with Pacifico lager draft and a premium tequila shot. Watching college football in peace was soon over run by a couple dozen bartenders in some kind of meet up group. They proceeded to get hammered on their day off of course. They were so loud shouting at the top of their lungs as they drank. It's my guess these folks have a lot of hearing loss so they have to shout because they can't hear themselves speak. Working in loud environments will cause hearing loss. Had to lower my hearing aids before eventually going home to finish drinking.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Shane-O-Matic
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Shane-O-Matic »

Went to the pub around 4pm. Beer and dark rum. Met some pals shortly after and went to a gig, where more drink was had. And I'm repeating the process today, seeing the Supersuckers through in Edinburgh. Making the most of my week off work..

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Rolling Rock.

Cavatina song

https://youtu.be/Npw_3yxIt6I

Ya know...

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Getting fucking drunk. Don't have to be at work except by 12p tomorrow. What else am I gonna do? Bing bing.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

^^^lucky bastard. Cheers to you sir!
From Ice box warehouse to warm and toasty couch sipping beer. Good times.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Dug a grave for my dying 18 year old cat only to be told by the vet when I was going to have him put down that he isn't dying,he is just dinged up and to bring the fucking cat back home because despite his dingage, he still has many years to live. Ok....? So I did. Now I have a dinged up dying 20 year old cat stinking up my couch.

Got super drunk that same day and the next day my extremely perplexed roommate found my dress laying out on the living room floor and I have zero recollection as to how or why I took my clothes off beings how I was home alone that evening.

What I do remember is making a chicken burrito with crushed up Doritos in it.

Good times up in here!
Okole maluna!

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Another Saturday in paradise. That's the fictional paradise in SoCal not the the real town called Paradise in NoCal that got torched. So I've been drinking all day to a final stupefying crescendo as I post this bullshit.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

I tiled nearly half of my kitchen floor, and cut up a big oak beam to go above my fireplace. was nearly sideswiped in the car 3 times, and had to wait 45 minutes blocked in my yard by an ambulance which eventually carried off one of my tenants who had managed to get a pair of scissors stuck most of the way into his shin. He "fell over". Go figure
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Mr. Viking wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:11 pm
I tiled nearly half of my kitchen floor, and cut up a big oak beam to go above my fireplace. was nearly sideswiped in the car 3 times, and had to wait 45 minutes blocked in my yard by an ambulance which eventually carried off one of my tenants who had managed to get a pair of scissors stuck most of the way into his shin. He "fell over". Go figure
Sounds like a failed suicide attempt to me.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Lush City wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:13 am
Mr. Viking wrote:
Yeah really, this all happened at once?
Mr. Viking: are you trying to build a home
in the middle of a traffic intersection?

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Lush City wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:13 am
Mr. Viking wrote:
True. The amount of "shin" suicides every year is staggering.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Finally got my phone fixed, so I'll be back on Skype tomorrow.

Drinking Sailor Jerry for breakfast -- gonna have to pace myself if I'm going to make it to the office Christmas party tonight 12 hours from now. I would bail for some solitary drinking, but I'd already told several people that I'd go, and I don't like to go back on my word if I can help it. Bah.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

My friend "Malibu" and I literally ditched school yesterday (we work at a school).
Left our office and classroom lights on so it looked like we were there.
Went by my casa to get my booze and my dog and went to her place.
Watched some sitcoms and trash TV on Netflix.
Did some Tom Cruise "Risky Business" action in our underwear. (Not really) heehee. But we should have...
Ate pierogies and pizza. (I recommend the spinach and feta pierogies over the standard potato and onion)
Hid on the floor from a strange neighbor that was randomly standing in her yard. (Turns out she was dropping off some avocados from her tree)
Talked about stories of people catching their family members having sex and laughed our asses off.
She brought me home with a bag full of avocados and a shit ton of her empties to dispose of (so her husband didn't see how much she drank).
Skyped with Badfellow and got to hear his mean falsetto.
Oh yeah and I forgot to mention I saw a guy I had a one night stand with years ago picking up his kid from school before all of that. Super not awkward.
Okole maluna!