Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

Post by Lush City »

Yeah, this thread clearly states 'nutshell' don't feel like reading your drunkard blog for the nite. So how's about following protocols?

My day in a nutshell was a very pleasant but cold Winter windy day, for SoCal, that did not stop me from walking to my favorite pub for Friday Happy Hour. After which, I was totally fucked up from drinking too much of course. You got a problem with that? Come and get me bitch!
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

^ ^ ^Feigning illness and getting out of work early?
Early beers and shots?
Homemade fries with garlic aioli and pecorino cheese while drinking beer?
Salsa verde tacos and more beer?

Could that day have been any more perfect?! I would write about it in my diary if I were you, to remember it always.
Okole maluna!

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Artful Drunktective wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:33 am
^ ^ ^Feigning illness and getting out of work early?
I had to make some additional deliveries out of state in a winter storm yesterday, after making 5am deliveries in the morning. The usual driver "didn't feel well." How timely.

Easily the most dangerous drive I've had to make in a while. People would pass me and completely obliterate my windshield with snow/ice/water, which would then freeze over on my wiper blades, making clearing the windshield with them ineffective.

The Kentucky Deluxe I had after work never felt so earned.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Watched sports, team lost a nailbiter. Would`ve gotten drunk celebrating a win, now soaking my sorrows in vodka
Nutshelly enough Lush?
Drink!

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

Lush City wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:54 am
Yeah, this thread clearly states 'nutshell' don't feel like reading your drunkard blog for the nite. So how's about following protocols?

My day in a nutshell was a very pleasant but cold Winter windy day, for SoCal, that did not stop me from walking to my favorite pub for Friday Happy Hour. After which, I was totally fucked up from drinking too much of course. You got a problem with that? Come and get me bitch!
god...no need to drone on. keep it concise next time.
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

benitobeast69 wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:36 pm
Lush City wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:54 am

god...no need to drone on. keep it concise next time.
That`s Lush, don`t mind him, he`s a fine albeit senile drunkard. We love him.
Drink!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Few days in a nutshell... they all blend together...

Took down Charlie Brown Christmas tree. The singular ornament and all. The extent of xmas decor. Quite exhausting.

Ate a bunch of random cheese in various situations.

Woke up to what appeared to be Slash from Gun's n' Roses leather clothes laying on the ground. - not mine. Hopefully Oett's.

Dropped a full bottle of vodka and it shattered all over the place. I cried.

Broke a middle toe. not sure how. I wasn't even playing darts!

I'm hoping this is setting precedence to the new year!
Okole maluna!

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

1pm - got up late and at bacon sausage eggs and drank coffee
1.40pm - cracked and drank the last 3 cold beers in my fridge, realised I desperately need to stock up on beer and also bourbon...I have a few bottles but all of it is too good to take to a new year party at one of my Mrs's friends house...i'll drink them when I get home in the early hours.

2.30pm - usually get a taxi to get booze as the nearest reasonably prioced place is 2-3 miles out...decided to walk it though...took a flask of eagle rare for company and a cheap cigar I found in my pocket... was a nice walk.

4pm - bought a big case of stella and a litre of beam for tonight, got a taxi back as the beer was heavy as a motherfucker.

4.430pm went to my local pub while the mrs is getting reading..she text me saying we should cancel our meal reservation so we have more drinking time.. I concur.

I've just got back now and am typing this...just after 6...drinking woods navy rum with grapefruit juice and have put all the beers in the freezer to chill down. heading to the party around 8pm

HAPPY FUCKING NEW YEAR...LOVE YOU GUYS. BEER GODS BLESSINGS IN ALL YOUR SHIT.
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

^ ^ ^ 2:30 pm - 4:00? Musta been a nice walk indeed! Didja stumble off the beaten path at all? Cheers, chin chin, okole maluna, may it be the best year yet dear sir and fellow drunktards.
Okole maluna!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Man the sports team must`ve had some early champagne before the game. They played like hot drunkarreah. I have some aftershow beers and enjoy the new year. Alarm is set on 7 for tomorrow morning meh...
Drink!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Just crossed the Maine state line an hour ago.
Lot less people up heah.
I like that fine.
Got Mrs willies too handle the long stretch between Augusta and Bangor while I sip.

Now she's going 80 with a fully packed 15' and it's windy.
Calls for another drink.

Cheers mates

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Family.
Booker's 107, neat.

Life is good again.

Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Feeling happy you for Willies, hometurf finally.

I couldn`t drink all friday afternoon because I had to drive the parents somewhere in the evening. Now I have a lot of catching up to do.

So a very quick cheers
Drink!

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Glad you're back home, Willies. Get your Maine groove on and refill yourself with good vibes and DRINK!

New Years Eve in a nutshell: fate took a massive shit on the parade; received a call around 8:00 PM informing me that my favorite aunt Debbie died of a heart attack. Took a moment outside for a cigarette and to absorb the news, then downed three fingers of Makers 86 in a disassociated gulp. Mind you, this was in the middle of dinner and drinks. Everyone was full gear into celebration.

I decided that the show must go on.

But oh, my fellow Drunkards, fate was not done defecating yet! A short time later, I burned the fuck out of my hand on a fondue oil spill and spent the rest of the night necking the bottle with one hand sopping in aloe vera gel.

Yes, whiskey and weed gummy bears make for a fine painkiller. Both physically and mentally speaking. And there's hope that the worst of the shit was purged during the last moments of 2018, making 2019 a tentatively better year.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

^^^ what a rough ending! It will get better, I promise I think
Drink!