Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar

scream ale
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Re: Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

Post by scream ale » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:16 pm

Speaking of roadkill I've noticed an increase here lately. Mostly squirrels but I've noticed a lot of frogs lately. Real big ones. They look like a huge smashed kosher pickle with a big slice of tomato.

oettinger
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by oettinger » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:11 am

Our stupid dog loves to snack on roadkill frogs and get sick from it
I do not remember posting that ^^^

scream ale
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by scream ale » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:52 pm

^^^ Fine dining for puppy. If my one cat ever got the chance to go outside he would totally eat roadkill, wait until he was smack in the middle of the carpet and then unleash the beast. He would do this just as I sat down to supper cause he's a son of a bitch like that. Once his looks go his ass is outta here!

oettinger
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by oettinger » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:59 pm

We will have a grey kitten soon.
It`ll learn from the best.

My day? Drunk 00:00 to 12:00,

Prosit

God I`m wasted

Rye and Coke
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:35 pm

Been dying all day for a drink. Would've got one at lunch, but I was with my non-drinking coworkers who I'm sure would've looked at me cock-eyed if I decided to let loose.

I basically finished my work by noon and was forced to wait things out because my coworkers are by-the-book individuals who aren't really into drinking like we are.

When I got home, I immediately pored several shots, caught up with my wife, watched a bit of Addams Family with my daughter and ordered pizza (by DELIVERY) for dinner.

If all goes well, I'm heading out to my bar later when everyone's in bed.

Tomorrow is my university's Homecoming. Me and Jack and Coke are going (that's where we met) and I plan on getting a water bottle full of something nice and enjoying the day.

What say you fellow drunks? How does your weekend look?
"I feel sorry for people who don’t drink or do drugs. Because someday they’re going to be in a hospital bed, dying, and they won’t know why." - Redd Foxx

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage » Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:39 am

Saturday at the pumpkin patch with our two year old grandaughter. We got her a set of baby tools and goggles and such, since she loves to "help" Daddy saw, hammer, run the compressor, etc. I was torn between the tool set and a little BBQ and stuff set, so she could make carne asada and such like Daddy; wanted to buy both, but Grumpy said not to overdo things. I remember many happy hours with my own father, watching him fix the car, pull tubes out of the TV and such. There was that one time I found that pile of old magazines behind the worn-out couch in the garage. Weren't those ladies cold?
like tears in rain

oettinger
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by oettinger » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:31 am

Rye and Coke wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:35 pm

Tomorrow is my university's Homecoming. Me and Jack and Coke are going (that's where we met) and I plan on getting a water bottle full of something nice and enjoying the day.
A gallon of gatorade family tranquilize.
Savage wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:39 am
There was that one time I found that pile of old magazines behind the worn-out couch in the garage. Weren't those ladies cold?
Na, they were wearing warm bushes

Nausea
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Nausea » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:50 am

Woke up with simultaneous diarrhea and vomiting.

That’s what I get for drinking whisky and stouts really fast without having much to eat.

Still made it into work. SURVIVE.
Oh God, my grandmother would kill me.

scream ale
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by scream ale » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:42 pm

Amazing how not eating doesn't mean you are immune from diarhea. Cheers for punching the time clock in spite of illness.

oettinger
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by oettinger » Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:33 pm

Even worse, I didn`t have drunkarreah in weeks. Something is wrong, I need to drink more to figure it out

Hugh
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Hugh » Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:45 pm

Hamm's and whiskey on an empty stomach is the worst drunkarrhea I've ever had. The best cure for it is canned foods and frozen dinners. I'm quite serious - canned foods and frozen dinners straightened my digestion right out.

oettinger
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by oettinger » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:09 pm

Hugh wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:45 pm
Hamm's and whiskey on an empty stomach is the worst drunkarrhea I've ever had. The best cure for it is canned foods and frozen dinners. I'm quite serious - canned foods and frozen dinners straightened my digestion right out.
Bon appiturd then

ThirstyBirdy
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by ThirstyBirdy » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:59 pm

Gotta say, I'm smooth cruising on these light beers, and I've lowered my tolerance to make for more enjoyable nights with a very mild dehydration hangover and almost nothing else.

I'm actually getting a decent buzz at 6 which is crazy. Last month it'd take 12 by noon with some strong wine to even feel it and constant "morning sickness" till i drank it away. (Been there a lot)

All said, I'm craving whiskey, but I'm saving that for later. Low carb meals have been going well.

ThirstyBird is back baby! Chugs a beer in celebration*
Something's got to be done. We can't go on like this.
I must have some booze. I demand to have some booze!- Withnail

Lush City
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Lush City » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:56 pm

oettinger wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:06 am
Lush City wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:49 pm
I've been nursing nasty scuff marks on my left knee sustained early yesterday evening returning home from happy hour. Tripped going up the outdoor staircase leading to my condo. The steps are concrete slabs with embedded gravel. I'm sure you've seen them. They just rip the flesh right off your bones if you fall on them. I was angry then and I'm angry now so I'm having another round!
Ouch. Yeah, drink some painkiller tequilas and pass out for recovery. Atleast you remember what happened.
Two sundays ago I woke up with my foot hurting in a strange way. Like I ran into something. My dim memory from the night before recalled nothing the like had happened. I file that under "unsolved drunk injury"
My dear comrade, it sounds as though you have been abducted by aliens. It is rare that they go after drunken sots but there could be exceptions. Drinking and getting sloshed keeps those pesky aliens away and not interested. Everyone is happy!
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

oettinger
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by oettinger » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:11 am

I think if aliens abducted my drunken self they`d gladly return me within five minutes and never bother visiting earth again in the next 100 years.
Do they have minibars on UFOs?