Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

A place for general talk.

Moderators: NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies

Nausea
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Re: Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

Post by Nausea »

Yup exactly.

I've drank Everclear straight, but it's not pleasant. Makes you feel fucking alive though!

Ideally, it's mixed with something that will hydrate you in the process of getting obliterated.
Oh God, my grandmother would kill me.

Hugh
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Hugh »

Took much longer to scroll through all the posts here. Modern Drunkard had a busy week.

Hugh
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Hugh »

Y'all chatting like motherfuckers all goddamb week - blah blah blah - troll troll troll - fake fake fake - but now on Friday when everybody should be drinking and partying y'all don't say shit. I already put away a half bottle of Kessler now I'm cooking up some cheap ass food. Maybe I should go out and start some shit. The bars might be all empty cause everybody is scared of fucking corona virus.

Artful Drunktective
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Artful Drunktective »

^ ^ ^ HA! Yeah it was fun while it lasted (for the most part). We were on Skype most of the evening but it was pretty dead there too...just a few pop-ins. Maybe you're right and everyone is taking advantage of empty bars. I wonder where else could everyone be when the world is basically in quarantine?
"Something's got to be done. We can't go on like this.
I must have some booze".

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Rebuilding the greenhouse with my father. Why oh why does he enjoy working on saturdays so much!!! Lunch break with a couple of vodkas now, then back to work.
Drinking heavily is a basic instinct

Dear Booze
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Dear Booze »

Went to work very early on Friday. Nothing but a bunch of Coronavirus fires to put out. People are really, really stupid. Left work early and started drinking. Mrs Booze suggested going for appetizers at this old fashioned upscale steakhouse bar and grill that we rarely visit. Great! The place is usually packed on Friday evenings. We got there at 4:00 and stayed until 6:00 and very few people came in. People are afraid of going out. What the fuck is wrong with everyone?
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a drunk man tortilla chips, Velveeta and a hair dryer and he has nachos.

Artful Drunktective
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

^ ^ ^ That's awesome! So glad to hear you aren't succumbing to this insanity! Anyway I'm off to stock up on t.p. now...
I must have some booze".

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

Hugh wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:32 pm
Y'all chatting like motherfuckers all goddamb week - blah blah blah - troll troll troll - fake fake fake - but now on Friday when everybody should be drinking and partying y'all don't say shit. I already put away a half bottle of Kessler now I'm cooking up some cheap ass food. Maybe I should go out and start some shit. The bars might be all empty cause everybody is scared of fucking corona virus.
I don't go out on Fridays either, which is why I was happy to figure out how skype worked so I could at least drink with people somehow. I wonder if we should create a Friday thread where all the stay-at-home home bodies can gather, much like the Sunday (and to a lesser extent, Wednesday) thread.
"I feel sorry for people who don’t drink or do drugs. Because someday they’re going to be in a hospital bed, dying, and they won’t know why." - Redd Foxx

Lush City
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Lush City »

Dear Booze wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:20 am
Went to work very early on Friday. Nothing but a bunch of Coronavirus fires to put out. People are really, really stupid. Left work early and started drinking. Mrs Booze suggested going for appetizers at this old fashioned upscale steakhouse bar and grill that we rarely visit. Great! The place is usually packed on Friday evenings. We got there at 4:00 and stayed until 6:00 and very few people came in. People are afraid of going out. What the fuck is wrong with everyone?
You should have been at your local CostCo stocking up on large packs of toilet paper. What's the matter with you? You can't eat toilet paper? I don't get it. If they start closing bars and restaurants there's going to be a big problem. We're already doing without most college/pro sporting events. If this gets worse it's going to get rather ugly. Better stock up on booze while you're at it.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

waahoohah
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill
Location: http://mediad.publicbroadcasting.net/p/ ... a_flag.png

Post by waahoohah »

Had to work. Learning new job. (old company just new responsibility. Becoming more relevant. Talk like Mordin Solus now)
Went to grocery store after.
Results... Problematic.
Virus no longer primary concern. Other idiots, bigger threat.
Laid in two handles of Evan. Precaution. Buying ammo tomorrow.
Oh, that? Yeah, I did that, it's my fault. I'm sorry.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

waahoohah wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:53 am
Other idiots, bigger threat.
Ha! That sums it up pretty much

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Our cat managed to smash a fresh vodka bottle. That`s not what we envisioned calling it vodka killer

Patchez
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Patchez »

Since the schools are closed we are watching all our Grandkids. Bacchus help me.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Artful Drunktective
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

oettinger wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:49 am
Our cat managed to smash a fresh vodka bottle. That`s not what we envisioned calling it vodka killer
Yeah who would have thought a cat could commit such grievous alcohol abuse.
I must have some booze".

Artful Drunktective
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Patchez wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:45 pm
Since the schools are closed we are watching all our Grandkids. Bacchus help me.
They closed the liquor stores in your neck of the woods too I see. For the love of Bacchus hopefully your grocery stores sell booze.
I must have some booze".