Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

A place for general talk.

Moderators: NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies

scream ale
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Re: Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

Post by scream ale »

^^^ Garth! That was a haiku.

Hugh
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Hugh »

Got rejected by one of the higher-brow poetry places that had accepted one of my poems in the past. It kind of stung because I'm sure that the editor had been creeping my Facebook page - he was showing up on that list of "people you may know" on my Facebook page even though he and I have no friends in common. I believe the Facebook algorithms work like that. My landlord showed up once in that list, too. He must have spent enough time creeping my page to trip the algo.

Then just a few minutes ago I got an acceptance from another pretty good place. They reject most of what I send them and I literally whooped when I got the notice. It's been a bad year for me poetry wise, most of what I'm sending out is getting kicked back. So this really lifted me.

All right. Back to my Champagne of Beers.

Hugh
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Hugh »

Fuck - I just reread the poem that got accepted. It's shit. LOL. How do I keep doing this? I go over them a million times to make sure they are good, and then when they get accepted I want to shoot myself in the head out of shame and embarrassment.

scream ale

Post by scream ale »

It was finally warm enough to air out the house today. Damn is it nice.

Hugh
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Hugh »

Cleaned out from under the refrigerator. A few months back one of my plastic water jugs sprang a leak. I just mopped up the mess inside the fridge, but then a few days ago I noticed crud creeping out from under the fridge on the floor. It was a fucking mess down there.

Got a little more housecleaning done too, including taking my rugs to the laundrymat.

Now it's time to pour the wine.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Day two of re-working a messy person`s old flat. Looks good so far (it was empty atleast), but the smell... the vodka helps with getting my smell buds back into shape
Drinking heavily is a basic instinct

Donald J. Drunk
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Donald J. Drunk »

Did you loot their old half empty booze bottles?
You may now lavish your congratulations upon me.

scream ale

Post by scream ale »

Had the honor and privilege of taking one of the cats to the vet this morning. Next comes days of waiting for test results. So many awesome outcomes: uti, kidney infection, diabetes, thyroid. Thankfully the country is more or less shut down so I didn't just blow my refund check on a new guitar.

On the less shitty side: it's Friday, the cats are both still alive and my first drink is less than two hours away.

Donald J. Drunk
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Apparently even your pets can get Crona too. Even more reason for the chinese to be extra firm when petting them. With rocks.

Badfellow
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by Badfellow »

Donald J. Drunk wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:00 am
Folks, I am utterly famished for attention here. Hell, at this point I'd even settle for someone shoving a spiny sea urchin up my ass.
Fixer upper.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Donald J. Drunk
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Badfellow wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:29 am
Donald J. Drunk wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:00 am
Folks, I am utterly famished for attention here. Hell, at this point I'd even settle for someone shoving a spiny sea urchin up my ass.
Fixer upper.
his name is mike, if you please

Lush City
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Lush City »

Hugh wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:59 pm
Fuck - I just reread the poem that got accepted. It's shit. LOL. How do I keep doing this? I go over them a million times to make sure they are good, and then when they get accepted I want to shoot myself in the head out of shame and embarrassment.
Yes, without a doubt you poets are basket cases. It's because you are laying bare your private parts and putting your lifeblood into text.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

scream ale

Post by scream ale »

Went to work which is turning into a ghost town and that's scary cause it's a small company to begin with. Returned home to drink bourbon, cook leftovers from I don't even fucking know when and listen to death metal.
Cheers people!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

I worked on a national holiday today. Was Jesus shot this day in history or what? Shit needs to get done though. Repaired the balcony some in the afternoon whilst having my first drinks and now it`s full blown getting trashed.
Drinking heavily is a basic instinct

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

oettinger wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:30 am
I worked on a national holiday today. Was Jesus shot this day in history or what? Shit needs to get done though. Repaired the balcony some in the afternoon whilst having my first drinks and now it`s full blown getting trashed.
That's what I'm talking about.

And yes, Jesus was shot this day in Israel, 2000 years ago. He was on his donkey, Mary Magdalene riding with him, near the asses head -- which was very progressive at the time -- when he was shot twice on route to Dealey Plaza in Dallas, Texas.
"I feel sorry for people who don’t drink or do drugs. Because someday they’re going to be in a hospital bed, dying, and they won’t know why." - Redd Foxx