Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

A place for general talk.

Moderators: NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Re: Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

Post by Rye and Coke »

spent all day at a property my in-laws owned, trying to cut their grass. One broken weedwacker, several fruitless trips to Home Depot and running the Day-Laborer Obstacle course, all for naught. I surrendered after cutting only have the lawn, leaving it looking like the ass-end of a dying dog with the mange.

6 hours in the hot sun and I accomplished nothing.

I could've spent that time getting drunk with you guys. (The Skype ring went off and I cried a little on the inside.)
"Fuck you mean I'm drunk muddafugger?!?!" - Richard Pryor

Hugh
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Hugh »

Rye and Coke wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:16 pm
spent all day at a property my in-laws owned, trying to cut their grass. One broken weedwacker, several fruitless trips to Home Depot and running the Day-Laborer Obstacle course, all for naught. I surrendered after cutting only have the lawn, leaving it looking like the ass-end of a dying dog with the mange.

I could've spent that time getting drunk with you guys. (The Skype ring went off and I cried a little on the inside.)
Last night I looked at my Skype and clicked on "Modern Drunkard" and it said "Willie ES has added hugh blanton to the chat." I leave my Skype off most of the time, so I don't hear it ring. But when I looked at it last night I don't think anybody was on it. Not sure, but I'm not sure about many things.

Lush City
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Lush City »

Hugh wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:35 pm
Lush City wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:37 pm
Bars and restaurants are starting to open up under limited capacity. My favorite pub within walking distance has not opened yet. I'll find out tomorrow from insiders there what's up. My guess is they went belly up and are now looking for a buyer. Who the hell is going to invest in a bar business at this time? The entire hospitality industry has been decimated. This is a bummer since I spent a lot of time in that place. The other two joints down the street are not comfortable and seldom go there. It makes me angry to know that none of this had to happen. The lockdown and other bullshit protocols have no science behind it although they claim such. That's what you get when you elect Dummycrats into office!
Did you get any news on your pub?
Still closed. Heard again from an insider that it will be next week. Not holding my breath. They better hurry up because these scum bag politicians are going to do another shut down in the fall when flu season starts again. The healthy cannot live their lives!
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Rye and Coke wrote:

Our weedwacker broke halfway through doing the hedges. I had to do the rest manually
That post gets an F

scream ale
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by scream ale »

Went for a little stroll in the woods then then stopped off at a liquor store on the way. I was looking for Dickel rye among other thing. They Dickel but not the rye.The liquor store guy was impressed. Apparently I'm the only person that has ever asked him about the rye. But then I saw the elusive Kentucky buffalo. There on the shelf were two family size bottles and one 750 of Buffalo Trace. One of the family size bottles is now resting comfortably in my liquor cabinet while being slowly sipped to death. Cheers and may you all track down those hard to find bottles.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

oettinger wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:44 am
mistah willies wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:33 am

Thinking someone stole something then i find it later.

Aaaahhhh fuck I ordered a new one already.

this happened to me once with my i.d. Drunk asshole friend took it. Another friend wanted it after I payed for the new one, for use when DUI and stuff (we looked kinda similar)
scream ale wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:08 pm
^^^ You guys took turns getting DUIs? That's dedication to silliness.
Or even, is Oett a happy fall-guy? Take the blame for everyone's DUI?

Nah, he'd probably ban them for being spambots in his inner circle, send them off with a gentle pudhammer and a tickly kick down the stairs.

Sammy
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Sammy »

I went to the liquor store and bought vodka, gin, and whiskey. Then I went and bought two cases of beer. The end.

scream ale

Post by scream ale »

^^^ There's more to that one. I can tell.

machinehead
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by machinehead »

Get up at 3:30 am
Drive to work
Put up with idiots for 8 hours.
Drive home
Crack the first of the IPA's

Cheers if you work with idiots.

scream ale

Post by scream ale »

The clock didn't drag ass for once. Time kinda flew by. Needs to do it again tomorrow. One. More. Fucking. Day.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

That post gets an F

Lush City
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Lush City »

Rye and Coke wrote:

You are a bigger man than I. Hope that makes you feel better. It's the truth.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Woke up still drunk, ate cold pizza, got lazier and drunkier and watched stupid videos (if you had to be eaten by any animal, what would it be?) all day, drank beer and smoke d weed until I passed out in a lawn chair in the yard for a couple hours. Fireworkrs started going off so I moved inside. Listened to the neighborhood warzone, got drunkier. Went back outside. fired off a couple guns til my ears rang. Now back in getting drunkier. Pretty good Independence Day for me.

Also, Didn't shit blood today.
Take a whiff of my pantleg, baby.

Lush City
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Lush City »

ThirstyDrunk wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:10 am
Woke up still drunk, ate cold pizza, got lazier and drunkier and watched stupid videos (if you had to be eaten by any animal, what would it be?) all day, drank beer and smoke d weed until I passed out in a lawn chair in the yard for a couple hours. Fireworkrs started going off so I moved inside. Listened to the neighborhood warzone, got drunkier. Went back outside. fired off a couple guns til my ears rang. Now back in getting drunkier. Pretty good Independence Day for me.

Also, Didn't shit blood today.
I think it's time for a colonoscopy. They'll give you fentanyl. You won't regret it.

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Sorry, that port is exit only.
Take a whiff of my pantleg, baby.