Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Re: Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

Post by Nausea »

Drinking before work. This is probably a mistake -- it makes my job harder than when I'm undrunk, since I'm just trying to rush through things so I can leave and get drunker.

But I can't help myself when there's several hours to wait before my shift.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Wed. and Thurs. I drove a 15 ft box truck from Tampa to York PA. What a fucking suck fest.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Patchez wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:40 am
Wed. and Thurs. I drove a 15 ft box truck from Tampa to York PA. What a fucking suck fest.
DC to Bangor, Maine should be a piece of cake for you then.
I'll buy all the booze.
You're hired!

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Patchez wrote:
I feel guilty as hell commenting on this thread. I'm in my 9th yr. of retirement and all I do is spend money to maintain my existence. It's very pleasant and people hate me.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Lush City wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:28 pm
Patchez wrote:
I feel guilty as hell commenting on this thread. I'm in my 9th yr. of retirement and all I do is spend money to maintain my existence. It's very pleasant and people hate me.
I got 15 or so years till I can do that Lush. It's great work if you can find it or so I hear.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

All the overeating took it`s toll on me today: I had to hit the sitter hard two times after dinner tonight. I should switch to vodka instead of beer for the evening
Drink!

Shane-O-Matic
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Shane-O-Matic »

I dunno man, I just drove around all day and then went to the pub

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

oettinger wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:20 pm
All the overeating took it`s toll on me today: I had to hit the sitter hard two times after dinner tonight. I should switch to vodka instead of beer for the evening
How thoughtful of you to share the details.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

^ ^ ^ Yes, didn't he coin the term "drunkarreah"? Now it's escalated to cakearreah, turkeareeah, hasenpfeffereah...
Okole maluna!

Dear Booze
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Dear Booze »

Took the day off from work yesterday to go to the coast to play golf and drink with a buddy. We arrived in Morro Bay at noon and had a terrific game.

After checking in at our hotel, we sat out on foot to explore the many bars in thus very sleepy central coast village. We hit The Libertine, a cool little tap room. I fell in love with Modern Times' Coffee Stout on Nitro. My buddy discovered some shitty sour that he really liked. I've never been s fan if those. We each had four drinks before moving on. Next stop was Rosa's. It's a popular restaurant with a great bar. We each had about three cocktails.

Next, we headed to a local's bar where we hit our stride. We stayed there for a few hours and got really shitty.

I was time to leave, but there was another bar accross the street. So we decided to check it out. There was some gypsy band with like ten guys all playing odd instruments and singing in some goofy language. I decided to try to convince everyone in the bar that I was Armenian and understood all the lyrics.

This morning, we woke up with a set of painful hangovers and spent the next few hours driving back home. Neither one of us can remember how we made it back to our room last night or even remember getting there. God bless Lizard Brain!
DRINK!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Dear Booze wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:03 pm
Took the day off from work yesterday to go to the coast to play golf and drink with a buddy. We arrived in Morro Bay at noon and had a terrific game.

After checking in at our hotel, we sat out on foot to explore the many bars in thus very sleepy central coast village. We hit The Libertine, a cool little tap room. I fell in love with Modern Times' Coffee Stout on Nitro. My buddy discovered some shitty sour that he really liked. I've never been s fan if those. We each had four drinks before moving on. Next stop was Rosa's. It's a popular restaurant with a great bar. We each had about three cocktails.

Next, we headed to a local's bar where we hit our stride. We stayed there for a few hours and got really shitty.

I was time to leave, but there was another bar accross the street. So we decided to check it out. There was some gypsy band with like ten guys all playing odd instruments and singing in some goofy language. I decided to try to convince everyone in the bar that I was Armenian and understood all the lyrics.

This morning, we woke up with a set of painful hangovers and spent the next few hours driving back home. Neither one of us can remember how we made it back to our room last night or even remember getting there. God bless Lizard Brain!
You tried to skype half the planet in between
Drink!

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

6am - woke up slightly hungover.. nothing worth taking note of.
6.05am - shower and breakfast of cold hot dogs
6.15 am -20 minute beer shit
6.35am - set off for work
8.30am - arrived and thought why the fuck am I hear...I booked off every day up till Jan 2nd for xmas bar this one fucking bullshit day.
8.31 am - told my boss i was sick and watched as she chalked the hangover on my face and the fact I'd made jokes about still being drunk for this shift
9.30 am - went for coffee and breakfast...sat outside and smoked fuck loads

11am - realised that my Mrs thinks I'm working all day so went to my local and drank beers and a few whiskey shots all early afternoon

2pm - went home and jumped straight in the shower

2.30pm - made homemade fries with garlic aioli and pecorino cheese and drank beer

4pm - Mrs came home...lied and told her I'd just got back early and cracked my first beer....she looked sceptical
6pm - made some nice green chilli tacos drank more beer
8pm - now (1am) drank loads of bourbon and some more beer...just moved onto bourbon and cokes for the caffeine. also just ate remaining cold taco
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

benitobeast69 wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:16 pm
8.30am - arrived and thought why the fuck am I hear...I booked off every day up till Jan 2nd for xmas bar this one fucking bullshit day.
8.31 am - told my boss i was sick and watched as she chalked the hangover on my face and the fact I'd made jokes about still being drunk for this shift

11am - realised that my Mrs thinks I'm working all day so went to my local and drank beers and a few whiskey shots all early afternoon

2.30pm - made homemade fries with garlic aioli and pecorino cheese and drank beer

4pm - Mrs came home...lied and told her I'd just got back early and cracked my first beer....she looked sceptical
8pm - now (1am) drank loads of bourbon and some more beer...just moved onto bourbon and cokes for the caffeine. also just ate remaining cold taco
To quote the always wise Butthead: What a cool day

You have a loooooong ride to work btw
Drink!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

benitobeast69 wrote:

Cold hot dogs and a beer shit. That's how you start the day right. Good job 👍

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

oettinger wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:28 pm
benitobeast69 wrote:

To quote the always wise Butthead: What a cool day

You have a loooooong ride to work btw

its about an hour and 30 on public transport with smoke breaks and meandering thrown in it can creep on 2 hours
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis