Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar

Post Reply
User avatar
Sammy
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders
Posts: 480
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:25 pm
Location: Tyler, TX

Re: Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

Post by Sammy » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:11 pm


User avatar
Artful Drunktective
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God
Posts: 2338
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:00 pm
Location: Yautja Prime

Re: Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

Post by Artful Drunktective » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:49 am

Sammy wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:11 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbKXoSQQ_kE
That's funny. So were you the one who ate the pepper? There are many parts of Dumb and Dumber that is me in a nutshell pretty much every day.
Something's got to be done. We can't go on like this.
I must have some booze. I demand to have some booze!- Withnail


Image

User avatar
Sammy
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders
Posts: 480
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:25 pm
Location: Tyler, TX

Re: Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

Post by Sammy » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:19 am

Artful Drunktective wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:49 am
Sammy wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:11 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbKXoSQQ_kE
That's funny. So were you the one who ate the pepper? There are many parts of Dumb and Dumber that is me in a nutshell pretty much every day.
No, I'd typically be the one spiking somebody else's burger. I love that movie though. I laugh my ass off every time I see it. Especially, this part.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OA-VLDQDDJ4

User avatar
scream ale
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed
Posts: 1685
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:26 am
Location: Home usually.

Re: Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

Post by scream ale » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:40 pm

^^^ Fond childhood memories. I saw that in the theater when I was a kid. Funny shit.
Image

User avatar
Nausea
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Posts: 984
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:15 am

Re: Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

Post by Nausea » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:41 pm

Those clips made the movie seem funnier than I remember it. I should probably re-watch it now that I'm significantly older.

The nuances of Jim Carrey's expressions are great.
Oh God, my grandmother would kill me.

User avatar
Rye and Coke
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard
Posts: 167
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:43 pm
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Re: Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

Post by Rye and Coke » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:09 pm

I must say that -- along with Dumb and Dumber -- the Jackass movies, from a philosophical standpoint, hold up over time.

They are our examination of humanity and the driving engine of alcohol in our experimentation and exploration of such.

....

Jesus Christ, just watch the Jackass movies; 1,2, and 3...they're awesome.
"I feel sorry for people who don’t drink or do drugs. Because someday they’re going to be in a hospital bed, dying, and they won’t know why." - Redd Foxx

User avatar
oettinger
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed
Posts: 9584
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:23 am

Re: Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

Post by oettinger » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:12 pm

Jackass movies? Isn`t this naked dudes jumping their BMX into sewers?
Badfellow wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:47 pm
Installed a pair of 18 x 10 garage doors for a farmer's machine shed today.
Now I'm sitting in the clubhouse of a rural golf course with the bar to myself and a tall glass of Old Crow whiskey in one hand and a half pound California burger in the other.
That`s some big saloon style doors, did you use both hands to install them?
The golf course I missed out on.

Badfellow wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:47 pm


Lettuce, tomato, onion, mayo and yo momma.
Put cheese on and that`s my burger. Mayo yes please
I do not remember posting that ^^^
Image

User avatar
Sammy
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders
Posts: 480
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:25 pm
Location: Tyler, TX

Re: Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

Post by Sammy » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:39 pm

There are field days occurring a few blocks from me. Our new Mayor has been spending tons of money on this instead of badly needed infrastructure and everyone attending knows at least one or more people they hate who will be attending.

This is TX where everyone carries a gun. I will play this wisely by not attending.

PORK AND BEANS!

User avatar
oettinger
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed
Posts: 9584
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:23 am

Re: Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

Post by oettinger » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:01 pm

Sammy wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:39 pm
There are field days occurring a few blocks from me. Our new Mayor has been spending tons of money on this instead of badly needed infrastructure and everyone attending knows at least one or more people they hate who will be attending.

This is TX where everyone carries a gun. I will play this wisely by not attending.

PORK AND BEANS!
To make matters worse, the Mayor is one of our many cousins you don`t like.
Depending the size of the campground it might be a brother.

PORK n BEANS yessir! I love that,
eat healthy, drink healthy, stay home Cheers
I do not remember posting that ^^^
Image

User avatar
Lush City
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway
Posts: 3966
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:55 pm
Location: Nearest tiki lounge

Re: Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

Post by Lush City » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:58 pm

My day was a retired dog's day. It is the envy of all working stiffs but let it be an inspiration of what you can achieve, even though you hate my guts. I'm just totally soused and ending a great Friday in the coastal enclave West of the filthy town Los Angeles and next door to LAX.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.
Image

User avatar
Badfellow
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed
Posts: 8189
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:05 pm
Location: Inside the Ethyl Molecule

Re: Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

Post by Badfellow » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:33 am

LAX... sounds like the kind of airport where people never get constipated, but it's all just a big lie.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

User avatar
ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie
Posts: 12218
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:35 pm
Location: Xenia

Re: Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

Post by ThirstyDrunk » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:38 am

I spent yesterday in an area of earth where the entire atmosphere was infused with industrial strength weapons grade high powered marijuana. I only had a pint flask of Tennessee whisky, but man it was fucking fun. or funny. Or something . I don;t know. I think I laughed a lot. And there was lots of candy which made things better. Or worse if you are trying to remember where you parked.
To be fair, I'm drunker than you.

User avatar
Dear Booze
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed
Posts: 1815
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:01 pm

Re: Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

Post by Dear Booze » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:19 am

Yesterday afternoon, Mrs Booze and I decided to visit an area of downtown Fresno that us undergoing massive revitalization. For the past several uears, several hundred million dollars have been spent making a once shitty and dangerous pedesrian-oriented neighborhood inviting to residents and visitors.

The infrastructure work was completed about two years ago and neither one of us have been there to check it out.

Here's the important part: therrare dozens of bars and about five breweries in that area. We decided to try them all.

The results are posted in th "This Hangover" thread.

To quote Jimmy Lester, FUCK!
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a drunk man tortilla chips, Velveeta and a hair dryer and he has nachos.

User avatar
Badfellow
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed
Posts: 8189
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:05 pm
Location: Inside the Ethyl Molecule

Re: Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

Post by Badfellow » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:45 am

ThirstyDrunk wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:38 am
I spent yesterday in an area of earth where the entire atmosphere was infused with industrial strength weapons grade high powered marijuana. I only had a pint flask of Tennessee whisky, but man it was fucking fun. or funny. Or something . I don;t know. I think I laughed a lot. And there was lots of candy which made things better. Or worse if you are trying to remember where you parked.
Upvoted. I like the stuff that makes you stick to the ceiling and glow in the dark after you smoke it.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

User avatar
Lush City
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway
Posts: 3966
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:55 pm
Location: Nearest tiki lounge

Re: Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

Post by Lush City » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:28 pm

Badfellow wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:45 am
ThirstyDrunk wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:38 am
I spent yesterday in an area of earth where the entire atmosphere was infused with industrial strength weapons grade high powered marijuana. I only had a pint flask of Tennessee whisky, but man it was fucking fun. or funny. Or something . I don;t know. I think I laughed a lot. And there was lots of candy which made things better. Or worse if you are trying to remember where you parked.
Upvoted. I like the stuff that makes you stick to the ceiling and glow in the dark after you smoke it.
Yes, now you know where The Illuminati got their start...
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.
Image

Post Reply