A Word about MDM Forum

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: A Word about MDM Forum

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Patchez wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:52 am
ThirstyDrunk wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:07 am
Hey man,
Well put. This is what the new boards are about.
HAHA! Absolutely! And to add to Thirsty:

Some of us stumbled upon the board later than others but we are all here for the same glorious reason. To drink and be merry, share stories and camaraderie.

And so as Tiny Tim says: A Merry drunk to us all, Bacchus bless us, every one!
Okole maluna!

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

and then everybody puked their pants
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Thisrty you are to old for this board
Drink!

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Are you telling me I am done here? Game over? Checkout time? Have I overstayed my welcome?
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

ThirstyDrunk wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:49 am
Are you telling me I am done here? Game over? Checkout time? Have I overstayed my welcome?
Both and no
Drink!

Rooster
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Rooster »

<r><QUOTE author="Malkor" post_id="1168249" time="1516141569" user_id="1381"><s>
Malkor wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:26 pm
I belive smatter harks back to the years of yore, prior to this current abomination. the years before facebook and other social networks diminished our membership and also before responsibilities and death took out the rest. there was a time before you chaps who now support/dominate the boards existed, a glorious time of many posters, all posting often and drunk while they did so. some grew up, some undrunkened up, some just straight up died......now it is a shell and its a bit sad, I know you guys think its good still but the truth is its a mere ghost of the former....thats not just nostalgia either. and I know theres plenty that will say " who the fuck is malkor?" that is what i mean. who also is dirty lou? is drunken jack flash? is roomie? is Intoxichrist? is winebox? is happydrunk and the sarge? is any of the fuckers who made this board (for good or ill) what it was when it first came into existance. its not a slight on you that keep it alive. its a dissapointment in the loss of functioning drunks who either made this place alive in the times of the first convention in vegas (sadly i missed it but drank my fill while listening to the tales that were told afterward) or have slowly melted away leaving only a skeleton of what once was in thier wake.
The BBS/Forum format is held onto much like HAM-radio operators of yore stick to that.

The old-timers swear by it as an imitate way to connect with like-minded-folk. The newcomers look at it as an inscrutable time-capsule.

We had a good thing once, and those of us who had that good thing will look back wistfully upon it. When we talk about DJF and JohnnyTequilla... Sweet Lou and the Sarge... well; someone first entering this thing we've had for so many years don't have any context. They don't know about the strip clubs, the ejections from previous CONs, all of the things that were normal to all of us who went through it.

They see a bunch of people reminiscing about tales gone-by; not the vibrant bunch of people we once were, scheming towards the future.

calx
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by calx »

I'm still coming down from my godlikeproductions.com high gimme a minute.
Watch "The Money Masters" on youtube and read "The Creature From Jekyll Island" by G. Edward Griffin to unveil the true enemy.

Innovating the human race to extinction.™

Long live David Icke!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

calx wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:19 pm
I'm still coming down from my godlikeproductions.com high gimme a minute.
You found God`s own homepage, Jesus awesome!
Drink!