A Word about MDM Forum

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

A Word about MDM Forum

Post by mistah willies »

Welcome to each of us who DRINK!

Post often. Post drunk. Post drunk often. Post with enjoyment. Post with pain. Post here because this the only site that will let you do such a thing freely, without any data-mining of those "social" constructs that will steal your money, your identity, and your precious Drinking Time.

Do those as you will (certain addictions are enjoyable to this here old sot, such as: DRINKing, writing true fiction, pubs, live music, exploration and exploits with other Drunkards, drinking, morning shower beers, lunch beers, coming back home beers, and dinner beers, and also DRINKing)...

However, this here site does not have "LIKE" buttons. There is no instant gratification here from that shite. We are here because we enjoy DRINK.

Many sites of various interests started back in the day, and the strongest ones have withstood the test of the stealing power of big money due to...

well, due to TRVTH.

This site will endure and thrive. (Me? I'll never lose my own dedication to participate in this unique, curious site that was created by an unique and curious Drunkard known here as FKR.)

Now, listen here. This site welcomes all who DRINK.

There truly is no bullying, other than what you might expect form people who truly do drink and are in their cups quite often.

Mods here protect the site from trolls and other crap, but each have their own personalities, much like bartenders. I trust them to the core, and you should as well.

it's simply been this way since the beginning.

Legends continue to participate as they will, and newer folks find an open barstool to order a DRINK.

There are many rooms in this curious bar, and many tales have been told. You might consider checking out the previous pages. It truly is a diamond mine for those who enjoy DRINKing. Some of the wit contained in all the pages form years ago still hold true.

It's like a friggin Bible for Bacchus, or Dionysus if you speak that way.

Above all, when someone challenges you one your choice of drink, or political belief, or music, or film choice, or what-the-hell-ever you chose to post,

You are not being bullied.

You simply need to back it up with heart or intelligence as if you are at a true, real bar. true, and real. Real.

...or apologise the next day if you've been an arse.

this is not about ego. that shit gets smacked down. it's about TRVTH of drinking.

DRINK!

always drink.

Fack, I need to stop friggin getting up on this soapbox. it's cutting into me druinking time.

bastards, all ye

*hiccup8

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: A Word about MDM Forum

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Huh?
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

No friggin clue. Blame it on muscle relaxants and cheap beer. Black ice threw me down and left me with back spasms.

Carrion...

Smatter Noguts
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Smatter Noguts »

No.
6 participants. 3 bullies.
Dead.
Here to drop off flowers.
Cheers to what was.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Smatter Noguts wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:07 pm
No.
6 participants. 3 bullies.
Dead.
Cheers to what was.
Was what?

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Truer words have never been spoken Thirsty.

Willies as always spot on too.

Smatter, well too bad really. If atleast we would know what bothers you, we could talk about it.
Drink!

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Smatter Noguts wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:07 pm
Sorry you feel that way. But you know where you can shove those flowers, right?
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Tight Crew. Party.

Tight: (adjective)
1. Strongly bound; a bond, a binding, an oath of fellowship between friends.
2. Drunk.

Crew: (noun)
1. Shipmates aboard a vessel.

Party: (collective noun)
1. A group engaged in a singular focus.
2. A collective of folks who contribute.
3. A really good fucking time.

When one attends a party, it is not a simple pub. If there are free contributions to the party that others have brought, and one does not like it, then it is up to the party-goer to bring their own contribution to share with others.

Open door policy, happy hours are 24/365 without a leap year involved.

(Caveat: leaping while intoxicated is not advised. If this is pursued, please don't crash into the bottles and please leap away form the windows so that no harm is done to anyone involved.)

Carry on.

As always, DRINK!

alway drink.

Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze

Malkor
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Malkor »

I belive smatter harks back to the years of yore, prior to this current abomination. the years before facebook and other social networks diminished our membership and also before responsibilities and death took out the rest. there was a time before you chaps who now support/dominate the boards existed, a glorious time of many posters, all posting often and drunk while they did so. some grew up, some undrunkened up, some just straight up died......now it is a shell and its a bit sad, I know you guys think its good still but the truth is its a mere ghost of the former....thats not just nostalgia either. and I know theres plenty that will say " who the fuck is malkor?" that is what i mean. who also is dirty lou? is drunken jack flash? is roomie? is Intoxichrist? is winebox? is happydrunk and the sarge? is any of the fuckers who made this board (for good or ill) what it was when it first came into existance. its not a slight on you that keep it alive. its a dissapointment in the loss of functioning drunks who either made this place alive in the times of the first convention in vegas (sadly i missed it but drank my fill while listening to the tales that were told afterward) or have slowly melted away leaving only a skeleton of what once was in thier wake.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

That's pretty damn eloquent and heartfelt, Malkor. I appreciate the added perspective. More over, I see your point.

There was once far greater volume of traffic here. That's a matter of fact. Many of the original Drunkards have since dropped off or declined to participate for whatever reason (died or had health issuesb quit drinking, became lethargic, hated this place, went somewhere else, decided to raise a family, etc.) And for whatever other reasons more recently arrived Drunkards have been slower to circulate into the mix (diffusion through other social media, decreased proliferation of the magazine, assholes such as myself posting, etc.)

I don't fault Smatter for being sour. And this place sure as hell ain't quite what she used to be. But it isn't dead. There are still a few stubborn bastards around here willing to share a drink and put half an ass worth of thought into an on-line post. Some carry the banner, some don't.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

^ ^ ^
Damn fine right there, both of ye. Attrition due to various reasons, across many bulletin boards from a long time ago, for various interests. Arpanet was created as a bulletin board. many have passed by the wayside.

And yet, here we are.

Me? I for one truly ascribe to the idea that these boards continue to exist and will once again thrive in the face of any megalopolis of instant gratification. FB and other places are much like Las Vegas back in the day, or the Blade Runner of the future: Dens of iniquity, whoredom and vile characters and furries. Any wonder why they are a great lure? Sounds like home to me.

Yet, I can stand Las Vegas for about three or four days before I need to get back to my own local pub.

Perhaps there's a certain honor in standing up on one's bar-stool foot-rungs and raising a DRINK in one hand to the drinkers around you, and in the other fist: a middle finger to the New Money Order, the Establishment.

...or maybe it's time for a shot of hard, neat, and a brewskie from the tap please. I'll bleed those lines out in my tumbler. never let a drop go to waste.

Cheers, you Glorious Bastards.

oldsmartskunk
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by oldsmartskunk »

Social media brutally raped forums and IRC , platforms i love dearly. That's why i stick around. Also i joined mdm board because i loved the magazine. And also i loved people here.
As for old members - i don't see you contributing to the board other than bitching, alienating new members. Or is ir a privilege reserved for old gang? If so, the "old forum" must've one hell of a place.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

This is the only social media I use and post in. Hell my phone doesn`t even have a camera.
Hey older one`s come to vegas, come to denver, introduce yourselfes. I ain`t bite on first night
Drink!

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Hey man,
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

ThirstyDrunk wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:07 am
Hey man,
Well put. This is what the new boards are about.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice