Night Owl? Sleepless? Insomniac? Post here!

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

calx
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Re: Anyone up?

Post by calx »

NYDingbat wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:39 pm
Yes. And I'm hammered.
Are ya still hammered? Coz I'm working on a good one! God help us.
Watch "The Money Masters" on youtube and read "The Creature From Jekyll Island" by G. Edward Griffin to unveil the true enemy.

Innovating the human race to extinction.™

Long live David Icke!

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Have the can't sleeps?

Post by Savage »

No? Well I do. Thank goodness it's nearly breakfast time. Right? They say the early drunkard gets the worm. Well >shudder< I'll leave the worm gulping to you guys. I'm looking forward to a good old fashioned Makers milk punch, a Grumpy rolled and stuffed omelet, ---MUSHROOMS MUSHROOMS-- oh, and bacon. Always bacon. Only I, Savage, know how to pull it out of the grease when it has reached that moment between limp and pink and hard and charred. That special moment in time when it's the color of a squishy chewy caramel with brown stripes, and crunches slightly and nearly dissolves as you bite it. If you try to pick it up and put it on the plate, it trembles, and starts to crumble. Then, and only then, the bacon is yours. And lots of the sparkling stuff. Juice it up or not. Do not get me started about the eggs, scrambled. Okay, the secret ingredient is butter. Salted. Rather a lot of it. Booze and grease are two of the many reasons we do not want to die. Oh, and I nearly forgot salsa. It is very good to have, and fling around. I make a good one, but so does everyone and her second cousin.
like tears in rain

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Have the can't sleeps?

Post by Badfellow »

Eggs, sunny side up, fried in said grease of bacon. And where in the bloomin' hell is the toast? And coffee? C'mon, yo. You gots to have coffee. And preserves. Strawberry, Boysenberry. Roddenberry. Doesn't matter. Just as long as it's not that creepy marmalade stuff. If you're eating marmalade, that's probably the reason you're having trouble sleeping.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

calx

Post by calx »

Eggs with cheese and hot sauce and salsa and garlic and potato puffs for the hangover breakfast.

I need background noise when I sleep. Talk radio is good. Try Clyde Lewis he talks about paranormal and para-political stuff. Also his voice is awesome.

http://www.groundzeromedia.org/
Watch "The Money Masters" on youtube and read "The Creature From Jekyll Island" by G. Edward Griffin to unveil the true enemy.

Long live David Icke!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

calx wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 10:45 pm

I need background noise when I sleep.
Same here. Because the traffic outside is even worse at night. Not because it`s more but it`s a single loud engine every 30 seconds. It`s a sleep killer. Even more brutal during summer. Oh and the freighttrains...
Drink!

calx

Post by calx »

oettinger wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 10:38 am
calx wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 10:45 pm

I need background noise when I sleep.
Same here. Because the traffic outside is even worse at night. Not because it`s more but it`s a single loud engine every 30 seconds. It`s a sleep killer. Even more brutal during summer. Oh and the freighttrains...
I grew up with trains passing by! Amazing what the human brain can put up with and ignore. Like cell phone zombies and where we came from and what the fuck we're supposed to be doing here.

Long live David Icke!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

I have the "can't sleeps" ALWAYS. I defrosted my freezer at 2 a.m. a few weeks ago.

When I do scrambled eggs, I throw sour cream in the mix cuz that's what Bobby Flay does and then he fries them in butter instead of using grease or PAM. They turn out super fluffy and delicious although if we are talking about top choices of egg styles, I prefer either Benedict or ranchero. With a spicy Bloody Mary.
Okole maluna!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Artful Drunktective wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 9:19 am
... if we are talking about top choices of egg styles, I prefer either Benedict or ranchero. With a spicy Bloody Mary.
I know someone who can make the sauce from a recipe she found on-line, from here:

Beer hollandaise sauce

http://thebeeroness.com/2016/07/06/srir ... llandaise/

Bur

Post by Bur »

Given my body is fucked up already due to lack of sleep at 28. I'd say I occasionally have the can't sleeps.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

My good friend RIPT just told me when he's having trouble sleeping, he usually has a warm glass of milk and points a gun at puppies to relax.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Here's a surefire cure for the can't sleeps: take 2 valium, a gabapentin and a couple of benadryl, smoke some bong hits, optionally mix with 8oz. of warmed brandy in a snifter until you can't stand up or keep your eyes open. Works like a charm.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

You know, the stinkiest thing is, when you have a TriCare appointment, you have to get up and get on the road, about oh dark thirty. Because round abouts here, traffic to work starts about three or four am. So, when you live two hours traffic or MORE to Balboa, your have to adjust. Mostly, I do this by just not *^%#*ing bothering to make appointment. Because, hey, we all gotta go sometimes. Getting a local doc is not always the answer. My chemo doc had this thing of "yah, yah, you go get blood done, then show up after radiation and I give you chemo. When I got there, it was, Oh, so sorry. You need salt, you need potassium, you need magnesium. No chemo for you. Okay, I give you hydration.

Meanwhile my oncologist at Balboa is saying: Hey: when will you been done with the chemo, so we can do the Brachy radiation?

So, I go home. Chug a quart of water, make a drink and snack, read or write and just block it all out of my mind.
like tears in rain

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Savage wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:39 am
You know, the stinkiest thing is, when you have a TriCare appointment, you have to get up and get on the road, about oh dark thirty. Because round abouts here, traffic to work starts about three or four am. So, when you live two hours traffic or MORE to Balboa, your have to adjust. Mostly, I do this by just not *^%#*ing bothering to make appointment. Because, hey, we all gotta go sometimes. Getting a local doc is not always the answer. My chemo doc had this thing of "yah, yah, you go get blood done, then show up after radiation and I give you chemo. When I got there, it was, Oh, so sorry. You need salt, you need potassium, you need magnesium. No chemo for you. Okay, I give you hydration.

Meanwhile my oncologist at Balboa is saying: Hey: when will you been done with the chemo, so we can do the Brachy radiation?

So, I go home. Chug a quart of water, make a drink and snack, read or write and just block it all out of my mind.
You are a brave young lady!
Drink!

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

oettinger wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:43 am
Savage wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:39 am

You are a brave young lady!
Thanks. You may be right, except for the young part. And the brave part. Monday's MRI was cancelled. Machine broke. I'm used to it. Radiation machine broke three years ago about this time. Maybe leeches are the answer?
like tears in rain

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Are there any other night owls here?

Post by Savage »

I am twitchy as a cat right now. I can't get back to sleep since Grumpy left for work at 3:40. I'm working on some ideas for some more stories, and doing some online shopping but both of those things can lead to a bad end when done after hours.I remember one MD member that once bought a bunch of bug candy late at night. And many people recall those unfortunate late night phone calls.

What are you all doing?
like tears in rain