Report from Your Maker's Mark Ambassador

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Report from Your Maker's Mark Ambassador

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

I decided for my birthday a day trip to Mecca was in order. So I convinced StumblinDoug to go with me to Bardstown to pick up a few bottles of Makers Mark from my private barrell. We leave Thursday afternoon and have a pleasant 3 hour drive through the rolling hills of the Bluegrass state. By the time we get there, I'm already half a bottle of Maker's 46 and about a dozen PBR's in me, so we check in to our hotel and head out to eat, and cruise the local scene. Bardstown is pretty happening on a Thursday night, we find a hipster craft brewpub that would have even made Patchez content, complete with many local brews and bourbons. My Stumbling buddy is trying to catch up with me drinkwise since he was driving the whole way down, I'm settling into a nice bourbon buzz. I tried numerous different whiskeys while Doug is staying with the Barton's "Old Bardstown". We run up a tab over $100 bucks (which really wasn't that hard) and I convince Doug it was his turn to pay. We hit up a couple more bars and then things get kinda blurry. I'm not sure exactly what happened, I think we got into a fight with the ghost of Stephen Foster, but suffice it to say that our hotel money was wasted since we ended up spending the night in the Bardstown drunk tank which turned out to be really nice and Aunt Bee even brought us a home cooked breakfast in the morning. The cops were friendly, apparently the night before I gave them my name as Ezra Brooks and was going on about how I am a Makers Mark ambassador and I shouldn't be treated like this, and blah blah blah, they got a big kick out of it and laughed about it. They even helped us figure out which hotel we were checked into and gave us a ride.
So we check out of the hotel in which we had spent a total of about 15 minutes, and hit the road. First off was Barton's/1792, where they were very generous with the free samples. StumblinDoug was still queasy from the night before so I got his samples, and we head off to other distilleries close by. so it gets to be about 11 A.M. and I've already got 10 free samples and two joints in me, I am feeling good. We get to Maker's Mark and I get treated like royalty, as I should, and we had the run of the grounds and all the samples we could stomach. I got 2 bottle out of my private barrel, My name is on the labels, got to hand dip them in the red wax and stamp them with the ambassadors seal and date. It kicked ass.
Anyway, we hit up 6 distilleries that day and I picked up bottles from every place, trying to find stuff that isn't available in my area.

From left to right:
Four Roses, - Four Roses distillery - my local stores are overstocked on the small batch but i can never find the regular, so there ya go
Old Grand-Dad 114 - Jim Beam distillery - this one should be interesting
Fighting Cock - Heaven Hill distillery - Heard of it but never tried it, really like the name and label
Very Old Barton - Barton's/1792 distillery - in memory of FrankeNietzche, wherever he is
Old Tub - Jim Beam distillery - 100 proof bottled in bond, I like the name
Makers Mark - Maker's Mark distillery - 2 bottles from my barrel
Maker's 46 - maker's
White Dog - Buffalo Trace distillery

there was some special Bourbon run going on and we almost ran over runners twice that day, but we made it out of Bardstown and even visited Daniel Boone's grave and still made it home by sunset. I'll do this again someday, it was a lot of fun and I recommend the trip to any and all drunkards.
Cheers! from Maker's Mark ambassador #1500085

ps. You should apply to become an ambassador. It don't cost nothin and if you get accepted you will see that being an ambassador has it's privileges.
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: Report from Your Maker's Mark Ambassador

Post by Patchez »

The Fighting Cock is pretty decent if I recall. I love the OGD 114 when I can find it. Still have yet to try the Very Old Barton as well. I hear others raving about it. Now I have to also be on the lookout for the Old Tub. That White Dog Mash #1 is the Buffalo Trace mash bill. I found the sweetness of the corn very forward in that even at 125 proof. Loved it. I just wish the little pint wasn't as much as a fifth of the finished stuff. Sometimes more.

Well done Sir. Reports from the trenches are always welcomed.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Well done! Surely way better than ambassdor for human rights.

What is the most treasurous one of these?
Drink!

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

oettinger wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:02 am
Well done! Surely way better than ambassdor for human rights.

What is the most treasurous one of these?
Isn't being an Ambassador for Maker's Mark really being an Ambassador for human rights?

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

True,

every child in a refugee camp should get a free sample haha

It gets interesting when they start to wash their hands with it,

Patch: Ey you little dumbfucks, I can drink that
Drink!

Shane-O-Matic
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Shane-O-Matic »

This is fucking brilliant. Power to ya, Thirsty!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

You have a private barrell of bourbon at a distillery? Now that is living the dream.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

scream ale wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:06 am
You have a private barrell of bourbon at a distillery? Now that is living the dream.
When you become an Ambassador you get assigned a barrel #. It will be form whiskey barreled the day closest to your join date. As it reaches maturity you'll get an invite to stop at the distillery and pick up a bottle or two from "your" barrel.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

^^That's pretty awesome.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Mine should be ready between May 2020 and Nov. 2021 according to the website. Another MAM meetup in Kentucky when the date is finalized?