my last lost weekend

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

waahoohah
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Location: http://mediad.publicbroadcasting.net/p/ ... a_flag.png

my last lost weekend

Post by waahoohah »

So. The doctor was an asshole.
No. Don't tell me about how my liver is working too hard. Don't tell just me this. You do not have an inside voice, everybody in the ward heard it.
Please, bring in backup.
Have sensitive, new-age guy come in and tell me that I have to give up my best bud. The kid was legit knocked on his ass when I brought up legit concerns about that twelve step bullshit.
So, apparently, I have a med team now. I have no idea why. They want me to quit drinking. I have no idea why.
First thing Monday, I'm on it.
Maybe.
"Beginner's luck is only possible if you try."

-Lee Harvey Oswald

waahoohah
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Location: http://mediad.publicbroadcasting.net/p/ ... a_flag.png

Re: my last lost weekend

Post by waahoohah »

SHIT, totally lost the thread!
ThIe os the weekend , the last one I really cut loose, before I gear down and do allthat "I dont want to die" shit.
FIVE
FOUR
THREE
TWO
ONE
"Beginner's luck is only possible if you try."

-Lee Harvey Oswald

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Well, I'm not so sure about what you said. But I do know that you do not have to got into some program to quit drinking. And if some doctor says you have some kind of health problem, he may be right, but he may be wrong, but I'm most certain that you do not have to quit drinking.

Some people drink hard without ever going to a doctor to check their liver levels. And they live well into old age and continue to enjoy their drink.

It is in the best interest of health institutes to EXAGGERATE health problems to get you to sign up for their programs and so forth.

For many years in the USA it was considered that you had AIDS if your CD4 count fell below 500. Now, in the UK, if it falls below 100 they say it is AIDS and you have to enroll in their programs. So here is my experience with this - my friend of many years has had his CD4 count below 20 since 1992 and he is still alive and well. the health institutes exaggerate! They want you in their programs.

You do not need to stop drinking, although you may want to take a break if you feel sick. But alcohol, and getting high, will provide you joy. Much more joy than hanging out in rehab or with medical teams.

Are you feeling sick? If so, just take a break from booze and restore yourself. It is possible to drink so much that it makes you sick. But all of this 12 step shit, the medical teams looking over you, is all bullshit.

I can tell you first hand what keeps me healthy while drinking like a homeless bum is that I - 1. move around a lot, as in exercise, so that I sweat and breathe, which helps remove toxins that may build up from drinking too much, and 2. - I drink a lot of water to help flush out toxins, too. No doctors. not programs, no nothing by me taking care of myself and enjoying my booze.

I have no reason to bullshit you. Please, get away from them and refuse their advice. You made need them some day for a broken bone or a hernia, but you do not need them to tell you about drinking.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

And also - doctors may have some legal obligation to tell you these things, even if it is not in the best interest of the patient.

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

I feel so emboldened at this convo I'm at the bar right now, nursing a summer ale and watching the fights.

My uncle went into his 70's a master drinker. Doctor orders be damned.
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Don`t be stupid, don`t stop.
Drink!

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Keep on keepin' on, space monkey.

The vast majority of health care professionals in America have been brainwashed regarding human relationships with alcohol. Hugh brings up a good point too: it's often in their own best interest to exaggerate a particular condition... sick patients require continued treatment which in turn generates more profit for the provider in question.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Stop going to the doctor.
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

There are more old drunks than there are old doctors.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice