Random shit

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

waahoohah
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Location: http://mediad.publicbroadcasting.net/p/ ... a_flag.png

Re: Random shit

Post by waahoohah »

Mr Boozificator wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:08 pm
waahoohah wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:22 pm
Mr Boozificator wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:15 am

This monkey here, I am proud to have been drinking with in the sun.
And I was proud to be a complete idiot in your presence.
You're good people.
Now about that planet of the apes project of yours, I won't lie to you: It concerns me. At no point, and I mean none, can you see the monkeys having a drink. I think it looks very unprofessional. Nothing against the slavery and all, I mean who doesn't want to enslave humanity, right? But the no beer thing.... I don't know. Can you change your presentation? I just think it's not such a good science project. I'll help you mind you, but can we add a drink or twelve here and there?
Wait, there's a no beer thing going on? I'm going to need you to name names.
I mean, sure, enslave humanity, OBVIOUSLY, but no beer? It sounds like there's somebody I need to fling shit at.
BEER! HAS! TO! HAPPEN!
"Beginner's luck is only possible if you try."

-Lee Harvey Oswald

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

I wholly welcome our Simian overlords.
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Beer might not happen? Someone needs to get on this.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Q: What happened to you last night?

A: Beer happened
Drink!

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

ThirstyDrunk wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:14 am
I wholly welcome our Simian overlords.
I do too, unless the no beer thing happens.

I'll fuck up a silver back for beer.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Our male cat just doesn`t stop growing. I wonder at what point I can refer to it as a Jaguar.

It`d surely sound nice to tell people that I bought a gray Jag for 300 bucks and it`s only one year old.
Drink!

Dear Booze
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Dear Booze »

I just finished watching the funniest documentary I've ever seen. Class Action Park tells the story of Action Park, a water park in New Jersey which existed during the 1980s. The rides were poorly designed and the park was poorly managed. The place was responsible for countless injuries and many deaths. I HIGHLY urge you to find and watch this thing.

https://www.classactionpark.com/

On a side note, I believe this 1990s bit from Mr Show was based on the real life Action Park: https://youtu.be/p5Oi57fqdU0
DRINK!

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

Dear Booze wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:13 am
I just finished watching the funniest documentary I've ever seen. Class Action Park tells the story of Action Park, a water park in New Jersey which existed during the 1980s. The rides were poorly designed and the park was poorly managed. The place was responsible for countless injuries and many deaths. I HIGHLY urge you to find and watch this thing.

On a side note, I believe this 1990s bit from Mr Show was based on the real life Action Park: https://youtu.be/p5Oi57fqdU0
watched it, it was pretty awesome

the 80's ... helluva time to be a kid

In D.C. we had the heroin needle game, but that's for another day
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Dear Booze wrote:

The full doc of Action Park is great, The actual story is better than the Johnny Knoxville movie.
This park held the record for deaths in amusement parks for a few years in the early 70's. Pretty much a place where teens could act up sans supervision. Ride ops were teens as well and noone gave a fuck.
The park owners nd their lawyers were sent to testify to congress and are responsible for the frame of what is regulation of amusmenet park rules to this day.
Kids can't have no fun no more

Dear Booze

Post by Dear Booze »

ThirstyDrunk wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:28 am
Dear Booze wrote:

The full doc of Action Park is great, The actual story is better than the Johnny Knoxville movie.
This park held the record for deaths in amusement parks for a few years in the early 70's. Pretty much a place where teens could act up sans supervision. Ride ops were teens as well and noone gave a fuck.
The park owners nd their lawyers were sent to testify to congress and are responsible for the frame of what is regulation of amusmenet park rules to this day.
Kids can't have no fun no more
Until you posted this, Thirsty, I had never heard of Action Point, The Johnny Knoxville movie. Watched the trailer just now. Looks stupid, but now I'll have to watch it. It looks like there was another documentary made about it. "The Most Insane Amusement Park Ever." I'll have to watch that too.
Last edited by Dear Booze on Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
DRINK!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Damn I want to go there. I`ll sit at the Drunk Action Bar and watch the deathcounter on the live cam
Drink!

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Dear Booze wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:19 am

"The Most Insane Amusement Park Ever." I'll have to watch that too.
That's the first thing I ever saw about it, that doc. It is great, talks to people now around our age that were kids back then and looked forward to it every summer. They talk about coming home from a day at the park with massive road rash or broken bones like it was a badge of courage. Many of the rides were completely insane, but the one that got me the most was the water slide tube with a loop de loop. Apparently you could get up just enough speed to not make it completely through the loop, but slam yourself at velocity into the inner side of the loop, usually teeth first. I'm just picturing the tube all clogged with bloody crying kids, and a park worker has to open the hatch and unclog the tube occasionally. Yes, they built in a hatch just for that.
One of the sons of the owner said that if you had an idea for a ride, his dad would just build it - no engineers or testing- just build it and offer the kids an extra $10 pay to be the first to go.
I will admit, if I were to see the TV commercials for that place as a kid I would beg to go. Nowadays I would be sitting at the bar with Oett taking bets on the next injury.

Oh yeah, iirc the Klondike sled ride, flying down a ski hill on a rickety metal cart with a worn out stick brake system, was the cause of the majority of fatalities. But I could be wrong, most of the rides seemed to be capable of causing open fractures, electrocutions, dismemberment, or at the least a nasty burn or rash.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

This drunk dart game is utterly hilarious. Don`t know if posted before
Drink!

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.