Is it possible to 'drink yourself undrunk'?

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Is it possible to 'drink yourself undrunk'?

Post by Lush City »

I've heard about this phenomenon and my response has been, you aren't drinking enough!
Check out this thread...
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/inde ... 838AA7izkL
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: Is it possible to 'drink yourself undrunk'?

Post by RIPT2.0 »

I'm pretty sure that if you're driving down the road, and a Cop pulls you over and asks "Have you been drinking?", and you respond with "Yes Officer but it's ok!. I've drank myself undrunk!", that you will still get arrested and spend the night in jail.

Dirty Diamond Lou
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Dirty Diamond Lou »

It has got to be possible. I don't think it's that idea of an increased tolerance. It has to be more of an understanding of alcohol and it's effects on you personally.

I went to the grocery store today. I was on a mission. The manager there had told me she uses sofrito often in the dishes she prepares. However, I knew there was no way I was going to make that trip undrunk. It was midday on a Monday, after all. So, when you get your mosey on and head out for the needed ingredients and a fresh bottle of Bourbon, you better have your mindset steadied for accomplishing said mission.

You get your game face on. You just glide through those doors. List in hand. Grocery bags at the ready. Feeling like you are the meat counter's cut of the day as you strut like Jagger among the yoga pant clad OC females who are picking up Lunchables and Goldfish crackers.

You do so with a certainty. Certain that you will pick up every item on that list. Clarity, my friends, can be achieved.

If you find out how it works, let me know.
I'm also known as ssapals.

aka: Dirty Lou
aka: Sweet Lou
aka: The Whole Enchilada

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Maybe when you are totally shitfaced and start drinking slower from then on out. But undrunk? Nah.
Drink!