The panic has begun ladies and gentleman, time to stock up!

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: The panic has begun ladies and gentleman, time to stock up!

Post by scream ale »

Rye and Coke wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:05 pm
Well, it's official. Maryland is under a stay-at-home order, violators can be arrested and/or fine up to $5,000. You can still go out for essentials, like food, but I don't want to give some trigger happy cop the opportunity to decide for himself whether liquor is essential or not (in Maryland, it is). Dark and crazy times, my friends; dark and crazy times.
Does that mean you're literally confined to your home unless you're picking up supplies, like once you leave your property you're fucked? Or can you walk around your neighborhood?

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Maybe the hoarding is starting to let up? I just got an 18-pack of Scott tissue at CVS, and there were a few other four-packs on the shelf. There was even some paper towels. This was at 2:30 in the afternoon, so the hoarders have had plenty of time to go in and pick the shelves clean. This is the first time I've seen any paper products on the shelves in a while there.

And over at the liquor store across the street, they look to be overstocked on toilet paper. They sell by single rolls only, but the shelf where it's at has been mostly full ever since this started. And today there isn't any room on the shelf for any more rolls. All their canned/packaged foods are fully stocked, too.

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

scream ale wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:17 pm
Rye and Coke wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:05 pm
Well, it's official. Maryland is under a stay-at-home order, violators can be arrested and/or fine up to $5,000. You can still go out for essentials, like food, but I don't want to give some trigger happy cop the opportunity to decide for himself whether liquor is essential or not (in Maryland, it is). Dark and crazy times, my friends; dark and crazy times.
Does that mean you're literally confined to your home unless you're picking up supplies, like once you leave your property you're fucked? Or can you walk around your neighborhood?
So much of this shit is up in the air. I heard that you can go out for exercise, but then my wife heard that you're not allowed out, even for recreation. Outside of going to the store for food and alcohol, I'm not fucking with them.
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

The place that I get my haircut at is closed. Looks like I'm in store for the Fabio look -- gonna have to work on my pecs, though.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Most liquor stores seem to be call ahead and place your order and pick up now.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

scream ale wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:50 pm
Most liquor stores seem to be call ahead and place your order and pick up now.
Restaurants here have these signs on the street curb where you stop in your vehicle and a person with a mask and gloves comes out of the restaurant and hands you your grub through your open car window.

The liquor store across the street from me serves mostly people who do not have phones. Hence, they don't demand phone-in orders.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Two weeks into this lockdown and I still can't get over the eerie quiet. By the time this all ends I'll be accustomed to the quiet and hate the noise that will return.

I wonder if my bartender friends are getting unemployment benefits.

Malibu Laurie
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Malibu Laurie »

Yeah I drove my husband to a doctor's appointment -unrelated to the virus btw- and there was only one other car on the highway. During rush hour. That was weird.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

We can get everything besides paper products. I want to know: where did it all go? Three weeks and they still can`t re-stock?
Drink!

Malkor
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Malkor »

oettinger wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:44 am
We can get everything besides paper products. I want to know: where did it all go? Three weeks and they still can`t re-stock?
if its any consolation, following our swarm or retards buying all the toilet roll/kitchen roll they seem to have either run out of money or died already as theres plenty on the shelves in my part UK now.

also since my wife is a nurse she gets to go into the supermarkets for the hour before they open to the public while the stocks are still reasonably intact

once this round of madness is over im going full prepper, if we use Spanish flu (a misnomer in itself since it originated in training camps for the US infantry in ww1) then its not this wave we should fear, its when the fucker comes back next season that a whole lot of people will die, best to look at this as a warning shot before the main assault and either get real handy with hunting equipment or store whatever you can for the second round, worst that can happen is you have a lot of stuff to eat and more importantly drink! that could have waited if you prepare and im wrong, worst if you dont prepare is joining the back of line at the red cross van for basic provisions if im right, and the red cross dont give out free booze!

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

The San Diego sheriff held a press conference today and said that the health orders are no longer voluntary and he will start issuing citations and jail time to violators. Grocery store workers are now required to wear masks and gloves as of midnight tomorrow. One of the unions gave a statement that said something like, "We are looking forward to the county's assistance in facilitating this new order," effectively telling them that the government is buying the masks and gloves because we ain't. The new health order also says that San Diegans are strongly encouraged to wear masks when outside. I have no intention of doing that right now, although I do have a box of surgical masks on order should the order become mandatory.

I go out once or twice a day, once to get a take out meal, and then another trip to the liquor store if necessary. If I'm stopped by cops while out and about, I'll cooperate with their questions, but I ain't wearing a mask until they threaten me with legal action. Up until all this coronavirus shit started, the CDC used to say that masks are not helpful to healthy individuals in disease prevention. So what the fuck changed here?

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

We have snot-windwos installed everywhere since wednesday.

And Malkor, not even in the wee hours there`s any TP. It has been gone for three weeks now
Drink!

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

Hugh wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:52 pm
The San Diego sheriff held a press conference today and said that the health orders are no longer voluntary and he will start issuing citations and jail time to violators. Grocery store workers are now required to wear masks and gloves as of midnight tomorrow. One of the unions gave a statement that said something like, "We are looking forward to the county's assistance in facilitating this new order," effectively telling them that the government is buying the masks and gloves because we ain't. The new health order also says that San Diegans are strongly encouraged to wear masks when outside. I have no intention of doing that right now, although I do have a box of surgical masks on order should the order become mandatory.

I go out once or twice a day, once to get a take out meal, and then another trip to the liquor store if necessary. If I'm stopped by cops while out and about, I'll cooperate with their questions, but I ain't wearing a mask until they threaten me with legal action. Up until all this coronavirus shit started, the CDC used to say that masks are not helpful to healthy individuals in disease prevention. So what the fuck changed here?
From my admittedly novice understanding, it's the difference between diseases that travel in snot and spit, and those that travel within mist clouds. Apparently, this sonuvabitch is a bit of both. So the masks can help....kinda?

Honestly, I just think it's people reaching for whatever they can grab. I don't wear a mask, but when my wife and my mother in law go out, they won't leave the house without one. Whatever keeps people from rioting and looting the liquor stores, I'm down with.
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

The mask is for not getting other people sick. Like we didn`t want to become Michael Jackson
Drink!

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Rye and Coke »

oettinger wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:25 pm
The mask is for not getting other people sick. Like we didn`t want to become Michael Jackson
Michael Jackson - Got To Be There (A Cappella) [Audio HQ] HD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTdGA5BOdD4

That's a GODDAMN 12 year old right there!!!