The panic has begun ladies and gentleman, time to stock up!

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: The panic has begun ladies and gentleman, time to stock up!

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Badfellow wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:41 am
Dear Booze wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:06 am
It’s official, I am now infected with Guinnessvirus. I'm treating it with regular doses of Rum. This is all under the supervision of my personal physician, Dr. Scholls.
Better call in Dr. Hook, Dr. Pepper, Dr. Detroit, Dr. Phil and the Spin Doctors, stat.
Dr. Feelgood. Dr. Doolittle. Dr. Seuss. Dr. Kevorkian
Okole maluna!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: In other coronavirus news...

Post by Artful Drunktective »

I'm sure everyone is surprised to learn that many students who went on spring break in Florida recently that ignored social distancing recommendations and recklessly crowded the beaches, tested positive for COVID-19. How proud their parents must be.
Okole maluna!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Artful Drunktective wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:57 am
Badfellow wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:41 am
Dear Booze wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:06 am
It’s official, I am now infected with Guinnessvirus. I'm treating it with regular doses of Rum. This is all under the supervision of my personal physician, Dr. Scholls.
Better call in Dr. Hook, Dr. Pepper, Dr. Detroit, Dr. Phil and the Spin Doctors, stat.
Dr. Feelgood. Dr. Doolittle. Dr. Seuss. Dr. Kevorkian
It is definetly time for Dr. Kevorkian.

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: In other coronavirus news...

Post by RIPT2.0 »

Artful Drunktective wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:58 am
I'm sure everyone is surprised to learn that many students who went on spring break in Florida recently that ignored social distancing recommendations and recklessly crowded the beaches, tested positive for COVID-19. How proud their parents must be.
Nothing like being young and stupid. An old friend called last night. She has COVID-19 and it's kicking her ass and she's in her 40's and healthy. This is shit ain't no joke.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Just back from the liquor store this morning. The Hamm's was out, so I got a six-pack of Miller. But the real reason I went was for the toilet paper, they are the only place that has it. They sell it in single rolls only.

The owner of the liquor store was pacing around with a grim look on her face and she didn't smile or greet me like she usually does. Is it because business is slowing down for her? Or is she anticipating being closed down by the city?

Overseas restrictions are getting tighter, it's just a matter of time before it happens here, too. The governor of New York is practically yelling and cursing in his daily press briefings now. He said that not only is the infection rate not going down, it's going up.

The stock market is rallying like a motherfucker today, based on some belief that a rich bailout package is coming. Whether or not we get a good bailout package or not, this rally is a fake. Things are going to get worse before they get better. Right now is not the time to buy.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Mr. Whipple wrote:Please don't squeeze the Charmin
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

I've already done the math on exactly how much disposable income I have on my end of march salary to see how much booze I can buy on payday. I've already spent the dregs of this pay and have a few cases stocked....no where near enough though. if all else fails there's always online liquor stores.

stay safe and drunk guys.
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

I`m not panicking, it`s all BS. Just leave me a sixpack of vodka and some TP and I`ll be fine.
Drink!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

I tested positive for alcorona .19 bac today
Drink!

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Now the USA President has extended the "social distancing" until April 30: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald ... fCAE2pcP-o

There really needs to be some enforceable ordinance to prevent hoarding. I'm sick of these goddamb empty shelves.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Hugh wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:28 pm
Now the USA President has extended the "social distancing" until April 30: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald ... fCAE2pcP-o

There really needs to be some enforceable ordinance to prevent hoarding. I'm sick of these goddamb empty shelves.
But...but...he wanted everyone back to work in two weeks...

It's ok people that don't know shit from applesauce are gonna figure this thing out and tell us what to do. If all else fails we can just throw money at it. Just beat the shit out of it with 20 dollar bills.

We have limits on some items here now. 1 or 2 packs frozen veggies and boxes of macaroni. 6 rolls of asswipe per person.
Last edited by scream ale on Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

I see those signs limiting the amount of toilet paper that can be purchased. But the sign is on an EMPTY SHELF. If these clerks can run down a bum in the parking lot who shoplifted a can of beer, they can stop people from hoarding stuff.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Oh we have the signs on empty shelves. All the bigger faster and more worthless retards beat me to everything. It's cool. I'll be the one throwing shit encrusted bits of old t-shirts at them informing them of how much they suck.

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

Well, it's official. Maryland is under a stay-at-home order, violators can be arrested and/or fine up to $5,000. You can still go out for essentials, like food, but I don't want to give some trigger happy cop the opportunity to decide for himself whether liquor is essential or not (in Maryland, it is). Dark and crazy times, my friends; dark and crazy times.
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by RIPT2.0 »

I hate to tell you guys this but, according to a friend of mine who's a PhD and is working on coronavirus research, this thing won't end until there's a vaccine, which he says won't really be widely available until over a year from now., In the meantime, we can expect infections to rise and fall. As soon as the current infection rate begins to drop, and they lift restrictions, the cycle will repeat itself. Infection rates will continue to come through in waves until a vaccine is ready. Even then, there's no guarantee that the first vaccine will be highly effective because they'll conduct limited clinical trials to expedite it to market using the FDA's emergency guidelines. In fact, he told me that "social distancing" isn't meant to kill the virus. It's only meant to slow down the rate of infection so that hospitals don't become overwhelmed.

In short people, we're fucked, so drink.