PRUNO

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Pat Magroin
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

PRUNO

Post by Pat Magroin »

Anyone have a recipe? I've got some odds and ends but need details STAT! 8th day on what I thought would last two weeks as far as alcohol is depleting. Lots of smoking material though. Any help would be most appreciated.
Where the fuck am I and how did I get here?

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: PRUNO

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

In a gallon ziplock bag place: 1 cup of fruit cocktail, all the ketchup, taco bell,Arbys sauce, and sugar packets (emptied), 2 pieces of stale bread, and water. Seal bag and hide in the back of the toilet for a week.
Cheers
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Also, don't forget to "burp" the bag of carbon dioxide regularly or it will blow up.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

Pruno?

Please don't do it. I know times are tough, but what the hell with prison wine? Where do you live where liquor stores aren't considered essential businesses?
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

I've found that Arby's sauce helps the pruno develop a full body with a spiced finish.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Pat Magroin
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Pat Magroin »

ThirstyDrunk wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:19 pm
In a gallon ziplock bag place: 1 cup of fruit cocktail, all the ketchup, taco bell,Arbys sauce, and sugar packets (emptied), 2 pieces of stale bread, and water. Seal bag and hide in the back of the toilet for a week.
Cheers
Sounds like you know your hooch. I don't have fruit cocktail but maybe canned peaches will work?? If I use the peaches I may add a pinch of cinnamon for a festive finish. Not sure what stale bread does as white bread doesn't contain yeast and if it did it would have been killed during the baking process. The Arby's sauce sounds interesting. GrubHub may be in order to get it though.

Pat Magroin
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Pat Magroin »

Rye and Coke wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:48 am
Pruno?

Please don't do it. I know times are tough, but what the hell with prison wine? Where do you live where liquor stores aren't considered essential businesses?
I've self quarantined myself for as long as this thing lasts so no trips to a liquor store. I want to see how this movie ends. Plenty of food and smoke, I have planted seeds to keep my supply going. Maybe I'll grow a beard and see a pre virus and post virus difference. I'm a handsome bastard anyway.

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

Pat Magroin wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:53 am
Rye and Coke wrote:
Pruno?

I've self quarantined myself for as long as this thing lasts so no trips to a liquor store. I want to see how this movie ends. Plenty of food and smoke, I have planted seeds to keep my supply going. Maybe I'll grow a beard and see a pre virus and post virus difference. I'm a handsome bastard anyway.
Well, be careful with that shit if you're serious. Don't go blind. It'd be a shame to never see that handsome mug in the mirror again.
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

Pat Magroin
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Pat Magroin »

Rye and Coke wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:34 pm
Pat Magroin wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:53 am
Rye and Coke wrote:
Pruno?

Well, be careful with that shit if you're serious. Don't go blind. It'd be a shame to never see that handsome mug in the mirror again.
Awwwww, Geeeeeez Thanks! { insert blushing smiley here cuz it doesn't work for me} If you don't hear from me in a few weeks you'll know I screwed up.

Malkor
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Malkor »

Better plan is

20ltrs water

4kg sugar

2 teaspoons Baking yeast/brewing yeast is preferable but needs must

put in large bin, in warm place

Leave 5 days (will be between 5-8 percent abv

Drink, mix with cordial if your fussy

Pat Magroin
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Pat Magroin »

Malkor wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:22 pm
Better plan is

20ltrs water

4kg sugar

2 teaspoons Baking yeast/brewing yeast is preferable but needs must

put in large bin, in warm place

Leave 5 days (will be between 5-8 percent abv

Drink, mix with cordial if your fussy
Thanks! Just in time for next week-end the couple of extra days will be the aging process.

Malkor
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Malkor »

Let me know how you get on, essentially its a wash recipe for making neutral spirit (think vodka), if your feeling adventurous and have a few odds and ends kicking around (copper tubing, old pressure cooker/stockpot + some welding or plumbing skills) then you can throw a pot still together pretty easy and make some proper booze