Hey dumbasses

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: Hey dumbasses

Post by scream ale »

Rooster wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:50 pm
Move to Syracuse, NY!
We've got it all: Crime. High taxes. Snow. It's overcast most of the year. The residents are assholes. High unemployment. Drugs. Racism. Traffic congestion. We're consistently ranked one of the worst cities in America and have been for years. Our mediocre university is one of the most expensive in the US. The schools suck. There's garbage everywhere. You could get killed by deer in the city limits. The civil services are understaffed. There's potholes that will swallow your car.

I only moved here because I hated myself and didn't think that living in rural North Carolina was really slumming it enough.

https://youtu.be/VYTg4GY9SA4
Ha! Gotta love upstate NY. My homeland, Rochester, ranked 5th. But we're improving with 1,000 less property crimes than the year before! Got to keep that precious property safe. But hey it could be worse, at least neither of us dwells in Buffalo. As bad as Sewercuse and Rotchester may seem those Nickel City people got us beat as far as shitty goes.

Rooster
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Rooster »

I think even our degenerate-brethren in Buffalo would agree that Schenectady is the worst.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Nice...Schenectady is a whopping 6% safer than other cities in the US.

Dirty Diamond Lou
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Dirty Diamond Lou »

Stanton, CA is funkdafied. They have no police. They rely on the Orange County Sheriff's Department to provide local law enforcement services for the city. Which amounts to an occasional patrol/drive-by while scoping for DUI's or busting John's. It's filthy, with a little "Am I going to have to fight the clerk at 7-11?' vibe. You may see people flashing a handgun occasionally.

I love the place. I don't live there, I just visit.
I'm also known as ssapals.

aka: Dirty Lou
aka: Sweet Lou
aka: The Whole Enchilada

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

scream ale wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:32 pm
Ha! Gotta love upstate NY.
Rooster wrote:
Move to Syracuse, NY!
We've got it all: Crime. High taxes. Snow. It's overcast most of the year. The residents are assholes. High unemployment. Drugs. Racism. Traffic congestion. We're consistently ranked one of the worst cities in America and have been for years. Our mediocre university is one of the most expensive in the US. The schools suck. There's garbage everywhere. You could get killed by deer in the city limits. The civil services are understaffed. There's potholes that will swallow your car.

I only moved here because I hated myself and didn't think that living in rural North Carolina was really slumming it enough.
An ex of mine for many years was from Niagara Falls. He said everyone always went over to Canada because the Canadian side was really nice compared to the ugly shithole industrial side he grew up in. I had visited long before I knew him and enjoyed my time there but of course I didn't notice it being shitty. I stayed on the Canadian side and was impressed that alcohol could be delivered directly to your hotel room.

Although he blew out of that city years ago to travel the world, (which is how we met) he never stopped talking "aboout" (Canadia accent) the Anchor Bar in Buffalo and their legendary wings and how sacrilegious it was to use ranch dressing in place of blue cheese. I got many a scolding for it.

I also loved it when he would live stream Sabres hockey games that weren't televised where we lived and listening to all the regional commercials from "Tim Horton's", "Redlinski's Meats", and "Swiss Chalet".

Badfellow knows what I'm talkin' aboout. That hoser is from Canadia, eh.
Okole maluna!

Rooster
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Rooster »

Artful Drunktective wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:01 am
scream ale wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:32 pm
Ha! Gotta love upstate NY.
Rooster wrote:
Move to Syracuse, NY!

An ex of mine for many years was from Niagara Falls. He said everyone always went over to Canada because the Canadian side was really nice compared to the ugly shithole industrial side he grew up in. I had visited long before I knew him and enjoyed my time there but of course I didn't notice it being shitty. I stayed on the Canadian side and was impressed that alcohol could be delivered directly to your hotel room.

Although he blew out of that city years ago to travel the world, (which is how we met) he never stopped talking "aboout" (Canadia accent) the Anchor Bar in Buffalo and their legendary wings and how sacrilegious it was to use ranch dressing in place of blue cheese. I got many a scolding for it.

I also loved it when he would live stream Sabres hockey games that weren't televised where we lived and listening to all the regional commercials from "Tim Horton's", "Redlinski's Meats", and "Swiss Chalet".

The only commercials you need to know about CNY are the Billy Fuccillo "Yuuuuuuuuuug-uh" ones.

Ranch on Buffalo Wings is completely acceptable. Why eat them with moldy cheese?

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Hey dumbassed, eh

Post by Badfellow »

Artful Drunktective wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:01 am
First off, petunia, I ain't no hoser. Unless yer talkin' aboout hosin' yer mum, eh.

Second, I ain't from Canadia. I'm from just barely south of the border of Canadia. And you'z better simmer down afore I have to ask you again to simmer down in a polite yet assertive tone.

And thirdforth, I do know what yer talkin' aboout, so don't go castin' yer disparagements on my jelly donut like some Saskatoon puck bunny.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

whiskeyprick
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by whiskeyprick »

Rooster wrote:
Move to Syracuse, NY!

https://youtu.be/VYTg4GY9SA4
you could be doing worse
https://youtu.be/zB3a80kMkkA
Gambling is a disease, but it's the only one you can win a ton of money for having - Norm Macdonald