COVID-19: The good, bad, & the ugly share here:

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: COVID-19: The good, bad, & the ugly share here:

Post by RIPT2.0 »

Hugh wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 5:52 pm
Are you guys on Skype again? Christ... I need a few more glasses of wine before I can do that.

I'll skype with you. These fuckers pass out before Noon. No use wasting your time with them.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

So I saw the message from you, but I'm not sure what happens next. I clicked on it and now it says we can chat together or something. Maybe this is something like a facebook friend request, I don't know.

whiskeyprick
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by whiskeyprick »

Crazy shit the roommate just showed me about how Fauci may have helped create the virus during the Obama administration
Gambling is a disease, but it's the only one you can win a ton of money for having - Norm Macdonald

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

whiskeyprick wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 10:42 pm
Crazy shit the roommate just showed me about how Fauci may have helped create the virus during the Obama administration
Covid-bama-19?

They make us wear M.A.S.K.s now that party is over. Redundant
Drink!

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

This is starting to boil over. Protesters in Sacramento at the capitol building were pushed back by cops in riot gear: https://news.yahoo.com/protests-sweep-c ... 31345.html

How much longer can this go on? The protests this week were more intense than the ones last week. What's going to happen next week?

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Hugh wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 11:12 am
What's going to happen next week?
More murder and mayhem? Or people will get bored and move on to the next catastrophe.

Pat Magroin
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Pat Magroin »

I'm sick of it, but not because I feel like the boot of tyranny is on my neck, but because I want my routine back. I want the shelves in the stores to be stocked up
Try dead for awhile and let me know how that works out for you. It sucks but the alternative sucks even harder. We all would like to go back about 5 months ago but the reality is...we can't. Be thankful you're (I'm assuming) healthy, pour a drink sit back and relax and hopefully you'll see how this movie ends.
Where the fuck am I and how did I get here?

Pat Magroin
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Pat Magroin »

oettinger wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 1:25 pm
Pat Magroin wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:28 pm
That girl bottom right should not be wearing a thong bikini, just sayin'.
Yeah, tell your girlfriend better next time
OK but I warn you....she's not one to wear anything to the beach except a Moo Moo. When she goes into the water it's like the tide came in. She's so big the beach clears out because her shadow make the beach dark as night.
Where the fuck am I and how did I get here?

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: Uplifting Coronavirus news or videos

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Okole maluna!

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

The pork section was a little sparse today at my grocery store in San Diego. This is the first time I've noticed a meat shortage, despite a lot of news stories about a disruption to the nation's meat supply. I was able to get a big thick London broil this morning. It was yummy, even if I almost choked on it.

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

^^^ There is something really not ok about florida. Like some kind of state wide autism.

The meat section at the store was not so hot yesterday. The price of beef is getting refuckingcockulous. Also the Italian sausage didn't look good at all. Really light brown in color. I'm guessing mostly madenof some type of filler or some very sick pigs.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: Uplifting Coronavirus news or videos

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Okole maluna!

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

When I can get out to the shops, I like to have fun. For some reason, I look like I work somewhere. So, when in whatever store, and some old weather balloon repeatedly demands to know where she can find the left-handed ankle wrenches, I smile and say "Aisle 17."

Then, I take my liquid purchases and myself far away, never to enjoy the fun when the old soul is told that there are only 12 aisles in the store.

Fun is what you make.
like tears in rain

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Two Mexican restaurants in my neighborhood have a $1.25 surcharge on meat items, and I can tell that they are getting meat either from different places or cheaper. The meat tastes a little different and has more gristle in it. I can't wait for this shit to be over with. I'm sick of it.

My city is allowing restaurants to open their dining rooms as long as they keep the tables six feet apart. I'm still only going to get take out because I don't want to take up a precious table by myself when they have limited seating.

Last night there was more traffic on the freeway than I've seen in a long time. There was also less parking in my neighborhood then there's been in a while.

The media had been pressing the health department in my city to be more specific with their statistics. They finally revealed that half the deaths in San Diego county from COVID-19 were in nursing homes. I don't know why they would have whithheld that for so long when they've been releasing race statistics.

I would imagine that when they allow bars to open up they will require social distancing there, too. So I'm not going to walk in and take up a barstool by myself.

Several churches in my county have said they are opening up whether they get permission or not. I like to see people defy authority, even when I disagree with their defiance.