COVID-19: The good, bad, & the ugly share here:

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: COVID-19: The good, bad, & the ugly share here:

Post by Savage »

FLAGGED: Overuse of the word moron. Sorry. I’ll be in the penalty box if you need me.
like tears in rain

TheDrunkardAnglo
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by TheDrunkardAnglo »

With this new strand of covid Europe are closings its borders to the UK. The UK coincidentally is trying to negotiate a trade deal. Why are they doing it in the middle of a pandemic when the EU suggested an extension back in March? Well, they're morons, and they said it would be over by Christmas. I said it back then, and I'll say it again, the phrase "it'll be over by Christmas" should be banned. No one should be allowed to say it, least of all British Prime Ministers.
Major Strasser: What is your nationality?
Rick: I'm a drunkard.
Captain Renault: That makes Rick a citizen of the world.

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Do Mask Mandates Work? New Analysis Suggests They Don’t
But you know better so keep wearing the filthy thing.
https://www.infowars.com/posts/do-mask- ... they-dont/
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

This is what's coming all you zombie stooges and cowards just going along with the bullshit. Some of us are fighting back against these rules enforced under the color of law.
Shock Video: Police Kick Mom, Son Out of Library for Not Obeying Mask Rules
https://www.infowars.com/posts/shock-vi ... ask-rules/
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

TheDrunkardAnglo
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by TheDrunkardAnglo »

I recently finished The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov. It's good I'd recommend it. The Devil comes to early post-revolution Russia and causes havoc and may bring to light some of the hypocrisies of the system.

Anyway, in the first part of the book, there is a character Ivan Nikolayevich Ponyrov who is sitting in the park talking to his publisher (he's a poet) about the death of Christ. A "foreigner" approaches they have a little theological debate. The foreigner then predicts to Ivan that his publisher will be killed by a nearby tram. It happens. Ivan Nikolayevich is now in quick pursuit of this foreigner and his entourage who are now fleeing the scene. Through a lengthy bit of prose, Ivan Nikolayevich had ended up getting his clothes wet (classic river-related incident) and had ended up in longjohns.

He has a hunch. This foreigner will be hiding at the writers association (kind of like a fancy club). Ivan Nikolayevich goes to this club, in his long johns. Hysterical shouting about murder! Cats! Pontius Pilate! Jesus Christ!

To finally get to my point: I'm sure Alex Jones and Infowars may have a point, as a long-john'ed Ivan Nikolayevich had, but like the Muscovites, I just cannot look past how totally bonkers they all seem
Major Strasser: What is your nationality?
Rick: I'm a drunkard.
Captain Renault: That makes Rick a citizen of the world.

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Here you go pro lockdown and mask wearing stooges:
Van Morrison Slams virus Hypocrisy: Politicians ‘Haven’t Missed a Paycheck Since Lockdown Began’
https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment ... own-began/

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

MERRY CHRISTMAS 2020

Rudolph the mask-nosed reindeer
Forced to have a vaccine dose
Dr. Fauci cancelled Christmas
You could even say it’s closed

All of the other reindeer
Were ordered to do the same
Bill Gates was barking orders
You’re censored if you criticize his name

Then one shut down Christmas Eve
Santa was forced to stay
Fauci ordered a lock down
The reindeer couldn’t pull the sleigh

Then all the reindeer suffered
They existed without joy or glee
Rudolph became a victim
Christmas became history

—Ben & Tina Garrison

Merry Christmas!

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

This fraud has never been right yet with his modeling. Yet, why not give him another go round and expect different results? LOL!
Return of Professor Lockdown: Disgraced Neil Ferguson Advising Boris Johnson on Coronavirus ‘Mutation’
https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2020/1 ... overnment/

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Got too close to one of the local Karens as I was trying to checkout and pay for my groceries this morning. She had a mask on and a shield. I just wore an bandana but was 5 ft away in line behind her instead of the magical 6'. I asked her what the fuck she was worried about with all that gear on her stupid face and she shouted she was worried and I should move away. I told her to move her ass through checkout and pay up and move along. The store help shouted at me too and pointed their fingers . I took a half step backwards and watched them get their panties in a knot as they put through a special warning announcement. Hey, fuck off all of you!!!

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

From Tina Toon:
The Hypocrisy Scarf Speaks..Will You Listen?

They tell you to wear a face mask inside your own home…yet California Gov. Newsom dines maskless at expensive restaurants .

They fine and arrest you if you refuse to close your hair salon…Yet Pelosi gets her hair done in a closed salon without wearing a face mask.

They tell you not to travel and stay home…yet the Mayor of Austin can travel to sunny Mexico for a vacation.

And now Dr. Deborah Birx , member of the Covid-19 task force, who scolds us not to gather with our families during the holidays, has a three generation Brix family gathering with no face masks or social distancing.

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Data Analysis From 50 States Shows Mask Mandates Don’t Work -- Dr. Mercola
"After studying the data from a 229-day period, the researchers found that states where people are told to wear masks actually have a greater spread of COVID-19. "
https://blogs.mercola.com/sites/vitalvo ... -work.aspx

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Was 2020 really that bad?

Post by Hugh »

My Facebook feed is flooded with "FUCK 2020" type stuff. But I gotta say 2020 wasn't bad for me. My financial accounts all went up, more of my writing was published this year than ever before, I stayed out of bars and out of jail (thank you lockdown!), and I discovered the joy of Miller beer with a bottle of whiskey. I feel terrible for the people who were told they are non-essential and lost their income. I feel bad for the barflies that lost their companionship (thinking of those day drinking regulars at my favorite dive). I feel bad for the road trip/pub crawl people (thinking of Dear Booze). But for me - 2020 was one of my best years ever.

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Re: Was 2020 really that bad?

Post by Rye and Coke »

As an introvert and non-people-lover, 2020 wasn't that bad for me.

got to stay home and avoid crowds

got to go to a bar that existed online and nowhere else.

How can you beat that?
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Was 2020 really that bad?

Post by oettinger »

Fuck 2021

Lets reinvent the roaring guzzling 20s, shall we?!
Drink!