Drunk Dreaming

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Miklo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Drunken Dreaming

Post by Miklo »

Soes anyone else have this? Every ninght I have the most vivid dreams, when I wakk up I cannot tell if tthey are or were real. Some thimes I can even control what I do in my dreams. I was told that thiss tis due to drinking and 2when you drink your body does not enter the REM stage of sleep. As the alcohol wears off du=ring the night it makes up for that lost REM sleep and gives you those crazy dreams. Anyone else driam like this? And jameson on the house this fine mornin!!!
“And in my mind, this settles the issue. I would never drink cologne, and am therefore not an alcoholic.”
― Augusten Burroughs

binary
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Re: Drunken Dreaming

Post by binary »

Yeah I get this, but not every time, and it also happens when I'm not drunk but can't sleep well. I think it actually is because you are not entering the deepest stage of sleep (where you do not dream) but are staying one or more levels above that, where you do dream and are less asleep. Sometimes it's fun, sometimes it sucks.

Could do with a spot of Jameson right now. Cheers!

BBoozer
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by BBoozer »

The Matrix. We're all living in it. Just sayin'.

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

If you dry up for a couple of days, then you get some pretty vivid nightmares
"To avoid criticism: Do nothing, Say nothing, Be nothing" - Fred Shero

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

JohnnyT

Post by JohnnyT »

coqui_chris wrote:If you dry up for a couple of days, then you get some pretty vivid nightmares

Truth.

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mr Boozificator »

I actually have very vivid and/or nightmares mostly when I'm not drinking. Thus said, when I drink, I sleep very little as many members of this board could, to their demise, witness in several occasions.
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

Bur
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Bur »

Drinking is fine way to avoid endless inception-esque lucid dreaming/sleep paralysis episodes in me case.

Fabricsoftner
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Fabricsoftner »

coqui_chris wrote:If you dry up for a couple of days, then you get some pretty vivid nightmares

Having been dry the past two days, I can safely say this is very true.
<@Riddeford> lying on the ground laughing then going to get drunk on a pier. isn't what was fabric was born to do?

<apE> if theyd spend half as much time drinking as they do bitching, itd all be good

<@Fabric> Pint: why do I feel like shit?
<%pint> Fabric: people

<@fiyah> you're unemployed and drunk, you have no standards

JimLahey
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by JimLahey »

I'm the opposite, when I'm dry I have the craziest lucid dreams that seem to last for days! If I'm drinking I can sleep for like 12 hours and it goes by in an instant with very few dreams.

Miklo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Miklo »

On the average night I will only get 4-6 hours of sleep. Lately I have been holding out on drinking untill the kids are in bed, so around 8 I start drinking and will drink untill 11 or 12 then back up at 5 or so. My dreams are so fucking real, when I wake up I often cannot tell if they were real or not. I often go half the day trying to figure if it was a drunken adventure or just a dream. If I wake up from a dream, get up grab a drink and go back to sleep, I will pick up in the same spot of the dream I was at when I woke up. Its almost like pausing a movie to grab a snack. Yea sometimes it sucks, especially wondering what I actually said to the old lady, or flash backs from the war. Its only when drinking though, I actually stopped drinking for a couple days to see if that was it, and it was. crazy.
“And in my mind, this settles the issue. I would never drink cologne, and am therefore not an alcoholic.”
― Augusten Burroughs

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

I can go for a couple of days without sleeping, or sleep only in fits and starts, but it is such a wonderful blessing when when I finally fall deep into the arms of Morpheus. Once in a blessed while, I will sleep for far more than eight hours. I think the record was thirteen hours. I am Savage, and I am sleep deprived. I write some of my bestest things while in this state. I also do some major damage to my bank account, with the online shopping. It is amazing, how many books, cds, perfumes, and kitchen gadjets seem necessary at two am, when one is all alone, totally blitzed, extremely tired, and in possession of a credit card.
like tears in rain

Aloysius_of_Tahiti
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Aloysius_of_Tahiti »

I have REM Sleep DIsorder (meaning I occasionally physically act out my dreams; I've jumped out of bed head-first, gotten out of my apartment and climbed atop my car to avoid dream-induced hounds) but my dreams are so vivid they've actually changed my waking worldview. I've never done psychedelics, but the amazing insights I've witnessed while dreaming are right up there with the most illuminating acid-trips I've heard of!
Wouldn't change it for the world, guv!

BigDog49
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by BigDog49 »

By far, the most bat-shit crazy dreams I have ever had have occurred after I drank a prodigious amount. When I sleep while I'm undrunk either I do not dream at all or cannot remember a single millisecond of them.

beerkegbilly
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God
Location: in a hollow of a tree or in a wishing well but alway on my pot of gold really Penna USA

Post by beerkegbilly »

When you can control your dreams is called lucid dreaming (I think I spelled it right )

All the time I have them dude.

NYDingbat
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Drunkard Dreams

Post by NYDingbat »

I know the hooch is supposta keep us from dreamin' - this is usually the case - however, just the other night I drunkenly dreamed that conservative radio icon, Dana Loesch, and I were vampire hunters. We were really good at it as we're good with guns.

And you? What are your Drunkard Dreams?
"I don't start the day. I continue the night."
- mistah willies

"What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch?"
- W.C. Fields