Happy Halloween Drunkards! Post it all here:

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Drunkard Halloween Displays

Post by Badfellow »

Dirty Diamond Lou wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:13 pm
Statue of David with fully functional genitalia.
Saying nothing of your fully dysfunctional genitalia, of course?
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

ThirstyBirdy
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by ThirstyBirdy »

Badfellow wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:10 pm
1) Sharpen your axe.

2) Camouflage yourself on the front lawn as a stacked pallet of beer.

3) Wait for the little fuckers to get close.

4) Drink from their skulls.
The whole idea here is to avoid interaction with the little bastards and knocks.

The "mystery box" works if i dont get that little shit who steals the entire stash this year. I'm almost certain it's that fat little bastard down the road.

Think ive worked something out anyway with the beer boxes... The large 3 by 3 i will cut into pumpkin pacman with a beer in his hand, and use the beer.boxes.as what he eats. Instead of the little thingys, they will be like bottle of whiskey or such (painted on of course
Something's got to be done. We can't go on like this.
I must have some booze. I demand to have some booze!- Withnail

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

ThirstyBirdy wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:34 pm
Badfellow wrote:
1) Sharpen your axe.

The whole idea here is to avoid interaction with the little bastards and knocks.

The "mystery box" works if i dont get that little shit who steals the entire stash this year. I'm almost certain it's that fat little bastard down the road.

Think ive worked something out anyway with the beer boxes... The large 3 by 3 i will cut into pumpkin pacman with a beer in his hand, and use the beer.boxes.as what he eats. Instead of the little thingys, they will be like bottle of whiskey or such (painted on of course
Yeah, that works. But deep down inside your shell of a frumpy, middle aged pacman, you adore kids in the same breath that you can't stand 'em and don't want any.

ThirstyBirdy
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by ThirstyBirdy »

Badfellow wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:37 pm
ThirstyBirdy wrote:
Badfellow wrote:
1) Sharpen your axe.

Yeah, that works. But deep down inside your shell of a frumpy, middle aged pacman, you adore kids in the same breath that you can't stand 'em and don't want any.
Correct, do NOT EVER want kids. Sounds nightmarish... The Halloween display is to deter the knocks. Hope they enjoy the candy, but i don't care. ( still i buy the good stuff like mini snickers ect...)

Now the drunkard main display is more for me to enjoy. I like Halloween.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Build a beer display like you'd see in any beer store but it's more than meets the eye! It's a beer display Transformer! Stand up from "display" mode and chase the terrified and likely traumatized children down the street.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

ThirstyBirdy
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by ThirstyBirdy »

Patchez wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:25 am
Build a beer display like you'd see in any beer store but it's more than meets the eye! It's a beer display Transformer! Stand up from "display" mode and chase the terrified and likely traumatized children down the street.
That's some creepy shit likely to get my drunkard ass arrested, but creative nonetheless.

Also, update: i now have 12 boxes to work with.

No no, i dont want to interact with the little fuckers. I'm still thinking this drunken pacman eating cases of beer is how I'll go on this. My neighbors are gonna hate me, and cops might be called (handing out booze to minors or some nonesense).

Anyway, going to elevate the boxes using stakes. I'm also going to need to drink maybe 3 cases in the blue nonseasonal boxes for the ghosts
Last edited by ThirstyBirdy on Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

ThirstyBirdy
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by ThirstyBirdy »

More ideas please

Materials on hand:

12 30pk orange season beer boxes
2 large 3' by 3' boxes
Last edited by ThirstyBirdy on Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

ThirstyBirdy wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:43 am
Patchez wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:25 am
That's some creepy shit likely to get my drunkard ass arrested, but creative nonetheless.

Also, update: i now have 12 boxes to work with.

No no, i dont want to interact with the little fuckers. I'm still thinking this drunken pacman eating cases of beer is how I'll go on this. My neighbors are gonna hate me, and cops might be called (handing out booze to minors or some nonesense).

Anyway, going to elevate the boxes using stakes. I'm also going to need to drink maybe 3 cases in the blue nonseasonal boxes for the ghosts
Hell, if I saw that display I'd be knocking on your front door, then the side door if you didn't answer. Partayyy!

I agree. Halloween is best in anticipation, less so in execution...
Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

My uncle Jerry used to sit on the roof and throw 12 oz. cans of cheap ass Shasta soda at the trick or treaters. Great guy, but he had some whiskey and Viet Nam issues.

Dear Booze
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Dear Booze »

ThirstyBirdy wrote:
Badfellow wrote:
1) Sharpen your axe.

It seems that you are willing to go to a lot of trouble to create something "fun" for the same children you don't want to be around. Is it that you like the kids but just don't want to keep responding to their knocks? Or do you just not want the kids to come to your house at all? If it's the latter, don't go to the trouble of building a fun mystery box. Just turn on your sprinklers, turn off your lights and stay inside. It will be over quickly.
DRINK!

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Not that I like kids. But I do enjoy scaring the living shit out of them during Halloween.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

I love Halloween but can't stand kids. Part of me feels bad about not giving out candy cause I always had a blast going out on Halloween as a kid myself. But I don't like kids and it seems dumb to give someone I don't like a treat. Maybe if there was a holiday where i could go door to door begging for beer and not get the cops called on me I'd throw a mini Snickers at babyjuniorsonofabitch once a year. Whatever getting drunk and passing out during my favorite horror movies is fun enough for me.

ThirstyBirdy
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by ThirstyBirdy »

I hear what Dear Booze is saying, and i might consider being a total curmudgeon, but it usually ain't my style.

While i hate the little bastards and have no interest in their stupid "cute" halloween costumes, my mystery box idea is a cool idea, and it'd be more for my own gloating enjoyment to actually have something cooler than the typical moron.

And I'll be getting drunk and watching horror flicks regardless

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

How are you all fixed for Halloween?

Post by Savage »

We are celebrating our first Halloween in a new place in twenty years. I have no idea what will happen. We don't have any idea how much candy to buy. Usually, we would run out after several hundred TOTS came. We used to hand out baby biscuits for the tinies, and dog biscuits for the dogs, and I joke about handing out minis to the adults, but I have a strange aversion to the color orange, and confined spaces. Grumpy and I settled on getting good and blasted with a coffee mug full of bourbon (Grumpy) and a themed goblet of champagne or bourbon (Savage). I haven't been able to get
Grumpy into a costume for years. I think that might have something to do with the year that he dressed as the Grim Reaper (on stilts!) and a drunken dwarf woman tried to kick him in the shins (stilts) for some reason. G doesn't know why she was angry, or what she was shouting, because he is a deaf old Marine and his mask muffled what is left of his hearing. I would have helped him, but just before Dwarfgate, someone shouted: Your house is on fire!

So I dashed inside. There was a lot of smoke and the carpet and such were flaming, but I stamped it all out, and the fire department never had to be called. Afterward, I yelled at Grumpy because he did nothing. He didn't hear me, so I punched him in his area, and got his attention. He had heard nothing of course, but I had to hear a long, aggrieved account of the vicious dwarf drunk who attacked him. That was the last time I left the candles burning when we were not inside.

This year should be great. If we have TOTS. It is a new neighborhood, but juts up against an old neighborhood. Instead of the ever-popular skelly with a mermaid tail and her hawaiian-shirted skelly boyfriend, this year, I am ditching the baby pool dressed with rotty foliage. Instead, I have a life-sized mermaid skeleton (I guess all my online whining bore results) and her skelly boyfriend is a pirate, leaning against his own gravestone, which says: Lost At Sea. This year's fence skulls are a bit larger, due to what I could get. (who know that thin plastic novelty items could disintegrate in the heat of a storage shed?)

We have a long entryway to the front door, which I will scarify. Unfortunately, the screen door I wanted will not bee there, so we will either have to leave the door open or let them ring the bell. Or sit in the narrow entry, which I do not know will work.

Any witches, what are you doing for Halloween?
like tears in rain

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: How are you all fixed for Halloween?

Post by mistah willies »

^ ^ ^
More of a certifiable warlock, but I truly wish that I was a kid in your neighborhood.
It really is the anticipation, the creating it in one's head-part, the thinking about what will be spooky, and then actually creating it
that gets me excited.
I just need a better class of young miscreants to visit here that fateful night.

Skelly Pirate!!

Good on you, my friend.
As far as a drunkard dwarf, that night be how I'll go.
It'd be with a hunch since I'm not of diminutive size, and indeed I do have a classic old rubber mask that is 2' long, which I will have to show you in this here thread.

Cheers, mate.