Happy Halloween Drunkards! Post it all here:

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Re: How are you all fixed for Halloween?

Post by Rye and Coke »

The older I get, the more I find I have less patience for assholes, no matter the size. I don't care if you are a little person, don't be yelling at my loved ones, especially my wife. Someone's about to get extra pointed through the uprights from 49 yards away if you can't be a respectful Halloween drunk.
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

"Fixed" for Halloween, Spooky Savage?

Sorry, but that brought something to mind as follows...
Bob Barker wrote:And this Halloween, please remember to have all your pets, presidential candidates and social miscreants spayed and/or neutered.

Here's a computer generated simulation of this year's Halloween display.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Drunkard Halloween Displays

Post by oettinger »

We only have very few next door neighbours (counting ours it`s three houses) and their children are not born yet/too young
Drink!

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Badfellow wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:13 pm
"Fixed" for Halloween, Spooky Savage?

Sorry, but that brought something to mind as follows...
Bob Barker wrote:And this Halloween, please remember to have all your pets, presidential candidates and social miscreants spayed and/or neutered.

Here's a computer generated simulation of this year's Halloween display.
Oh please. Do not get me started. Grumpy came home one day with papers for me to sign. He had decided to get clipped. This came totally out of the blue for me, as we had two wonderful little girls, and I thought we were looking forward to having a little boy (or another girl of course, and maybe more--always a blessing) I would never have asked him to do that to himself. I guess he decided that five (previous marriage) is enough. Though now you have me thinking about chainsaws, and a sign that says: Free Neutering. Please step behind the curtain.

i would supply an after-op shot of bourbon. I am not without mercy. Oh, and here's a full-size Snickers. Enjoy!
like tears in rain

Casual Binger
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Casual Binger »

I’m gunna be at a conference on the Sunshine Coast. Staying at a resort on the 30th and 31st. There’s a welcome reception the first night and a Halloween-themed dinner etc. the second. Drinks will be put on by the sponsors; only wine and beer though. Still, looking forward to it. Gunna get a bottle of whisky and case of beer for in my room. Since the conference is in the same building and morning/afternoon breaks are half an hour, I’ll be able to pop up to my room for a fortifying shot and beer on the balcony before heading back down to grab a coffee and snack to take back into my conference table.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Casual Binger wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:05 am
I’m gunna be at a conference on the Sunshine Coast. Staying at a resort on the 30th and 31st. There’s a welcome reception the first night and a Halloween-themed dinner etc. the second. Drinks will be put on by the sponsors; only wine and beer though. Still, looking forward to it. Gunna get a bottle of whisky and case of beer for in my room. Since the conference is in the same building and morning/afternoon breaks are half an hour, I’ll be able to pop up to my room for a fortifying shot and beer on the balcony before heading back down to grab a coffee and snack to take back into my conference table.
Sounds awesome. What are you conferring about? Who else will attend? Will your room turn into the conference`s party destination?
Drink!

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Gqathering the fixin's for Hot Buttered Rum again and this year adding mulled Spiced Apple Wine to the mix and a Fall Sangria punch recipe we got from Boyer's Winery and Cider Mill.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

So far I've watched Corpse Bride, Children of the Corn, Jaws, Addams Family 1 and 2 (with my daughter) and have put down several liters of Apple Cider and Rye Whiskey to satisfy the gods. Tonight, I'm tasked with carving a pumpkin for Jack and Coke's pre-K class and, if I can stay conscious, one for my kids (if they still care about such things).

After that my daughter suggested we hit one of the local Halloween shops to pick up some decorations to spruce up the homestead.

Few things will be able to match the time, a few years back, when I swiped some police tape being actively used to repurpose it for our home's Halloween setup. Talk about authenticity.
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

Casual Binger
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Casual Binger »

oettinger wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:17 am
Sounds awesome. What are you conferring about? Who else will attend? Will your room turn into the conference`s party destination?
It should be fun. The conference itself will be boring from a fun POV. Industry best practice etc. My room will definitely not be party HQ. I’m going up by myself and don’t really know anyone who will be there - although will have met some before.

The Halloween night will probably get quite raucous, as far as such things go. To be honest, I’m just looking forward to having a few days with no responsibilities. And a TV I can watch in bed.

Also, my wife suggested I should stay in Brisbane on the way home; rather than drive for four hours on a Friday night. So, that’s another night in a hotel in central Brisbane. I was going to get a cheap room with a shared bathroom, but stumbled across a sweet deal where I can get a proper hotel room within walking distance of town for the same price. Yay!

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Our first Halloween in a new neighborhood

Post by Savage »

Twenty years in the old place. We had quite the reputation. This year, it will be somewhat subdued. However, we hope to scare a brand new crowd of TOTS. I am ever wary, ever since the Halloween yard burglary, but I keep all fourteen of my fingers crossed, for good luck this October 31st. Now, if I could only get Grumpy to dress up as the Grim Reaper again. But, alas. That long-ago encounter with the psychotic dwarf woman soured him on wearing stilts, a long robe, and a rubber mask. She kicked him in his "knees" and fell over. If only she had had a ladder, she would have choked him out. I might have been able to help her, but I was too busy, stamping out the fires in my house, caused by the burning candles that had fallen onto carpet.

That reminds me. Stock up on Makers before the big night.
like tears in rain

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: Our first Halloween in a new neighborhood

Post by Rye and Coke »

It does my heart good to know there are still people out there doing Halloween right.

We unfortunately have realized that the absence of our neighborhood old lady has traumatized our local squirrels. Apparently, she had been regularly feeding them with bowels of nuts that she'd leave on her front porch. Recently, she has moved down south for health reasons, leaving behind a community of ravenous and starving squirrels who are ready to devour anything, even helpless and unfortunate jack o' lanterns.

Yesterday, I returned home to find that Jack and Coke had brought the wounded soldier back into the house, his face chewed through like he had fist fought a hoard of zombies.

We threw it away, but now that I think about it...we could probably still use it. Zombie pumpkins. We have an extra pumpkin, I think I'll run the idea by the family and see what they think. Might as well. I must have my jack o' lantern and squirrels gotta eat.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Halloween question: did the Addams family ever kill anyone? That we know of?
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

The Addams family never killed anyone. That would be so impolite. I just finished watching an old Addams tv show, and it made me long for the good old days. Gomez and Morticia, the perfect parents. When I was a little girl, I wanted a mommy and daddy just like them. They never yelled or hit. They were so much in love. And their house! Oh! I miss my old library, with its Addams look. Grumpy has not gotten around to putting up new shelves, so my books still sit sadly in their stinky U-Haul boxes.
like tears in rain

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Savage wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:34 pm
The Addams family never killed anyone. That would be so impolite. I just finished watching an old Addams tv show, and it made me long for the good old days. Gomez and Morticia, the perfect parents. When I was a little girl, I wanted a mommy and daddy just like them. They never yelled or hit. They were so much in love. And their house! Oh! I miss my old library, with its Addams look. Grumpy has not gotten around to putting up new shelves, so my books still sit sadly in their stinky U-Haul boxes.
You were the blonde au-pair? Or was it the monsters?
Drink!

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

What's in your glass for Halloween?

Post by Savage »

It's the most wonderful time of the year! Jack-o-Lanterns and Skeletons and things that scream in the night. (Other than Grumpy after we saw the movie Us.) I'm having a hard time choosing this year's yard soundtrack--I have maybe 350 Halloween cds plus movie soundtracks. Too bad most of the best ones these days no longer come on permanent media.

Grumpy flung up the fence, put the new skulls on the pointy ends, and scattered the bitsy front yard with the cheaper decos, in case this neighborhood attracts the gangsta element, as our old one sadly began to. On the big night, we'll throw down the good gravestones and the better skellies (got a mermaid and conjoined twins this year!) The configuration of our roof has stymied Grumpy's attempt to put up our trademark purple faux blacklight holiday bulbs, but I will figure that out for next year.

Oops. This was supposed to be about drink. Sorry. It's just that I am so excited about Halloween, but I feel too inadequate to post on the fab Halloween forums out there. Those people are freaking geniuses! They are so skilled, and I am just an amateur. So, about the drinkies...I was thinking bourbon maybe. For a change? ha. But something different with it. I've done the classics; now I want something new--but not weird. No cigarsmoke drinks, no cucumber and thyme sprigs with a touch of rutabaga peel. AND NO FARKING COCONUT.

Any ideas? What's going to be in your glass on All Hallow's Eve?
like tears in rain