Happy Halloween Drunkards! Post it all here:

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Re: Since Halloween Will Soon Be Upon Us...

Post by Mr. Viking »

You have more patience than me. I had three trick or treaters. One of them told me my house was a mess. I told him it wasn't a mess, it was just scary. I then gave up and went to work for a couple of hours to get out of the house. I'm pretty crap at being sociable. I did carve a turnip though.
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

I'm gonna have to carve a turnip. Hells yes.

Now, I have always loved the idea of Halloween because I enjoyed it so very much in my youth. I enjoyed being scared, and I enjoyed scaring others. I made my own masks on busts with latex from the craft store, and this was in the late seventies.

I have always wanted to help them young ones have as much enjoyment as I did back then. Complete, cheap walk- through with black garbage bags cut long and hanging from the ceiling in a maze in my own home, in the 90s

Dry ice. Yup, dry ice.

I think maybe kids these days have easy access to candy, way too many allergies to things like nuts to venture out, plus, they have them parties of their own to go to.

It's just us true believers, sitting in the pumpkin patch. But nothing wrong with that.

But, ya know what, Sally? I'm always gonna be a Linus.

Older, with a Martini in hand.

Yup.
Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

chilly willies wrote:...I enjoyed being scared, and I enjoyed scaring others...
Probably my favorite youthful Halloween memory was being a crew member in a haunted house. I wasn't in a costume; I worked behind the scenes operating the smoke machine and spraying visitors with water from hidden locations. The fact that they were having as much fun being scared as I was having while scaring them was glorious.
"Booznik. Smooth, classy and manatee-like." --Bur

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"Now stop and DRINK! bastards." --mistah willies

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

NYDingbat wrote:
Savage wrote:Seriously, we are getting old and worn out. We are thinking about checking out for next year. I dunno. It seems sad, but, yeah, maybe we won't be Halloweeners anymore.
But you do such a great job with the decorations and have fun with it! Where's the broad who said she's gonna have a kickass Halloween next year?!
Seriously? Do you think I ever listen to myself? Things just fall out of my mouth, or fingers.
like tears in rain

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

booznik wrote:
chilly willies wrote:...I enjoyed being scared, and I enjoyed scaring others...
Probably my favorite youthful Halloween memory was being a crew member in a haunted house. I wasn't in a costume; I worked behind the scenes operating the smoke machine and spraying visitors with water from hidden locations. The fact that they were having as much fun being scared as I was having while scaring them was glorious.
Best year ever? 2005. I suffered from a broken foot, but still managed to be the MC-type lady on the hayride at Vail Lake. The old drunk who drove the truck that pulled our wagon had a few mishaps, but it was great fun: driving past different Halloween scenes, such as haunted cornfield, insane doctor's laboratory, and what fun it was, encouraging my riders to scream with me... Grumpy was the stage manager for their vampire show. The poor folk that owned the resort have gone to bankruptcy, so I guess we'll never get to work there again.
like tears in rain

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: What Was Your Best Halloween Costume?

Post by Frankennietzsche »

As an adult, there have been very few times that I have dressed up. The best would have been the year a friend dressed as Harley Davidson and I was the Marlboro Man. The easiest was Hawkeye Pierce.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Savage wrote:...Grumpy was the stage manager for their vampire show.
Wait, what?

Please elucidate.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

frankennietzsche wrote:As an adult, there have been very few times that I have dressed up. The best would have been the year a friend dressed as Harley Davidson and I was the Marlboro Man. The easiest was Hawkeye Pierce.
Do you resemble him?

M*A*S*H* doc, not Rourke...
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

mistah willies wrote:
Do you resemble him?

No, aside from all white people looking alike, but I had a red bathrobe and a pair of od pants. (And, beeteedubs, Mickey Rourke was Harley Davidson.)
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

What`s next on your american calendar? Thanksdrinking? Isn`t being together with family basically halloween part 2?
Drink!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

frankennietzsche wrote:
mistah willies wrote:
Do you resemble him?

No, aside from all white people looking alike, but I had a red bathrobe and a pair of od pants. (And, beeteedubs, Mickey Rourke was Harley Davidson.)
You were the Don. Very cool.

Gives me an idea for next Hallowe'en.

"...in the air tonight..."

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

So long as no-one ever goes as SqualorMan*...!

I know that being scared can produce a pleasurable adrenalin rush but who wants to being scared into a state of nauseous trauma?

* Except oettinger, who can't help it.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

mistah willies wrote:
Savage wrote:...Grumpy was the stage manager for their vampire show.
Wait, what?

Please elucidate.
Oh, it was wonderful! We had Craig the vampire, Jerry the actor of several parts, the stunt boys that played the werewolf and the mummy, and it was such fun. Since I had to wait until dark to be the hayride lady, I got to watch the first show. Those guys were great. And the coolest thing was, I learned how to make the best fake blood. (thanks, Jerry!) Grumpy managed all the props for the show. You know, like the fog machine things, the sound effects, the help with sudden costume changes, the fireworks thing, the music. I loved my hayride thing, where I got to improv my story and encourage my riders to scream along with me. Too bad our bosses were assholes. Too bad the owners of the resort didn't know what assholes they hired. Everybody there were total drama class nerds and we loved our jobs, but the asswipes that signed our paychecks needed a kick in the ass.
like tears in rain

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Savage wrote:Oh, it was wonderful! We had Craig the vampire, Jerry the actor of several parts, the stunt boys that played the werewolf and the mummy, and it was such fun. Since I had to wait until dark to be the hayride lady, I got to watch the first show. Those guys were great. And the coolest thing was, I learned how to make the best fake blood. (thanks, Jerry!) Grumpy managed all the props for the show. You know, like the fog machine things, the sound effects, the help with sudden costume changes, the fireworks thing, the music. I loved my hayride thing, where I got to improv my story and encourage my riders to scream along with me...
That is exactly the sort of thing I was hoping to hear. That there is the reason for the season: excitement and scariness

Calls for a toast. "To the young who still enjoy the fun of Halloween. All of us."

Cheers!

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice