Night Owl? Sleepless? Insomniac? Post here!

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Re: Are there any other night owls here?

Post by Rye and Coke »

I think we're on different sides of the planet, but I was up at 3 in the morning, Eastern U.S. time. Hopefully you had a drink to keep you company.
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

We are all moonshiners. AD talks to Hawaii a lot, that is exactly 12 hours. I often await the sun coming over from your place being already stained by californian dust
Drink!

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Moonshiners? I like that. Grumpy fell asleep in the comfy chair a few hours ago, and I took the opportunity to throw out some more crap from the garage. Why did we bring some of this junk here? I swear that man keeps crap like one of those weirdo hoarders. I shouldn't complain, I suppose, because only a hoarder would keep me around.
like tears in rain

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

I am always awake and have no concept of time as I have insomnia. Is this a week day?

Okole maluna!

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Savage wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:33 am
I am twitchy as a cat right now. I can't get back to sleep since Grumpy left for work at 3:40. I'm working on some ideas for some more stories, and doing some online shopping but both of those things can lead to a bad end when done after hours.I remember one MD member that once bought a bunch of bug candy late at night. And many people recall those unfortunate late night phone calls.

What are you all doing?
Thirsty bought the insect candy (his admission is part of my profile sig).
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Well, here I am again. Grumpy snored so hard I got up, went pee (sorry, TMI), and went to check on my chicken stock. A whole chicken, a big bag of chicken feet (dang, those little toenails just cry out for some pink polish) and some other random assorted bits including the giblets--this time I got two hearts, a neck and a gizzard. But never the liver. Oh lord no. Never the liver. You save that for a little snacky on some crackers. If you longtime cook the liver, it turns nasty. Personally, I recommend adding a coupla fatty bone-in thighs-which I did. Wings would be nice, but I somehow forgot to buy them.

Anyway, the bourbon ran out a long tine ago (thanks, Grumpy, ya old soak) but me and my sparkling are up for a bit, and the stock smells wonderful, but I really wish there was some kind of crockpot equivalent that could slow cook two and a half gallons or so of bone broth.
like tears in rain

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Savage wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:41 am
A whole chicken, a big bag of chicken feet and some other random assorted bits including the giblets--this time I got two hearts, a neck and a gizzard. But never the liver. Oh lord no. Never the liver. You save that for a little snacky on some crackers. If you longtime cook the liver, it turns nasty. Personally, I recommend adding a coupla fatty bone-in thighs-which I did.

If I ever visit you I`ll order Pizza
Drink!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

oettinger wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:41 am
Savage wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:41 am
A whole chicken, a big bag of chicken feet and some other random assorted bits including the giblets--this time I got two hearts, a neck and a gizzard. But never the liver. Oh lord no. Never the liver. You save that for a little snacky on some crackers. If you longtime cook the liver, it turns nasty. Personally, I recommend adding a coupla fatty bone-in thighs-which I did.

If I ever visit you I`ll order Pizza
That would make an interesting stock.
Pizza soup stock.

Kinda like a crust-less pizza, huh?

I agree about the giblets. Always odd to me that chickens and turkeys can have so many hearts and livers. Must be the organic chemicals.

The liver is the best thing to pull out of the roasting pan, all saturated in chicken fat. Mmmm Mmmmm.

(I have an lb. of chicken livers from the non-hormonal chicken breeder in town. I mean, he probably has hormones or at least takes replacement therapy in pill form or some shit. How do I know. But his chicken don't get drugs, poor things.)

I break the bones to get the marrow into the soup. And the cartilage is the thickener, yup.
I suspect that chicken feet would also lend gelatin to the broth.
Hmmmm...

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

...and for bloodsamples you pee in the soupe
Drink!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Yup, doesn`t seem anyone shows up on the skype tonite. AD is passed out, the dog too. It`s me and the bottle alone again
Drink!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

I love my sleep too much to be considered a night owl.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

I have a theory, which is mine, eehuuhuh! Anyways, as we grow older, it is said that we sleep less, and I find that this is true. Sleep less, wish it was more. Having a husband who journeys off (after horking and coughing and otherwise disturbing my slumber) at three-dark-thirty, certainly does contribute to my general lack of sleep. Hence, my posting this. I am not a morning bright and shiner; I have been awake for many an hour. I busied myself working on a couple of neglected stories, ran a load of dish wash, read a bit, etc. Cut to chase, I have not been to sleep. So. Anything I post may be safely taken as the insane ramblings of a certain sort of person. (polite usage)
like tears in rain

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Savage wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:46 am
I have a theory, which is mine, eehuuhuh! Anyways, So. Anything I post may be safely taken as the insane ramblings of a certain sort of person. (polite usage)
i don`t think anything has changed since I started reading your posts
Drink!

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

I sleep through work all week so I don't need to sleep on th e weekends.
REV THE GAS AND POP THE CLUTCH!
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

I used to be a night owl. Good memories of playing 12 tables of online poker while hopped up on stims for hours on end.

Now, I need sleep badly.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.