endurance is more important than truth

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

whiskeyprick
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

endurance is more important than truth

Post by whiskeyprick »

Bukowski was right, just sayin'
Gambling is a disease, but it's the only one you can win a ton of money for having - Norm Macdonald

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Re: endurance is more important than truth

Post by Rye and Coke »

Hear, hear!

It took me a while to understand the point of the quote in that scene. Endurance. Endurance is more important than truth. Of course it is. You would never be able to get to truth without the endurance one would need to plod through the muck and mire of indifference.

Without endurance there is no hope. Without endurance there are no drunkards.

Damn, I miss that movie (Barfly, 1987). It was up all the time on YouTube, then someone NARC'd and it got taken down. I think I'm a do a deep dive on YouTube to see if I can find it. Maybe some brave drunken soul uploaded it again.
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Rye and Coke wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 12:40 pm
Hear, hear!

It took me a while to understand the point of the quote in that scene. Endurance. Endurance is more important than truth. Of course it is. You would never be able to get to truth without the endurance one would need to plod through the muck and mire of indifference.

Without endurance there is no hope. Without endurance there are no drunkards.

Damn, I miss that movie (Barfly, 1987). It was up all the time on YouTube, then someone NARC'd and it got taken down. I think I'm a do a deep dive on YouTube to see if I can find it. Maybe some brave drunken soul uploaded it again.
Nope. Still gone. And worse - YouTube has ads when you search "Barfly" for you to buy the movie. That means they will take down any video that gets put up now.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

The truth itself is unendurable.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

If Bukowski was still alive he`d hate youtube
Drink!

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

It's time to get ready to fight for freedom. That's your endurance. It's not going to be fun. That's why I'm drinking to numb what's coming down. Cheers!
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

TRUTH OVER FACTS!
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Rye and Coke wrote:
I'm pretty sure we found our copy of Barfly at a flea market or some place similar several years back.

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

scream ale wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 8:34 am
Rye and Coke wrote:
I'm pretty sure we found our copy of Barfly at a flea market or some place similar several years back.
I'm sure you can buy a copy at Amazon for a pittance. Since it was pulled off Youtube it must still be in print.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.