Time to celebrate

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Time to celebrate

Post by Hugh »

Today marks the one month anniversary of not watching any stupid music videos. This bad habit has bedeviled me for years. 2 AM, just one more video. Then 3 AM. Then 4. Then the damb sun is up and I'm listening to Me and Bobby McGee for the 30th time of the night. If I reward myself for not watching them, maybe I'll completely break the habit.

So I'm treating myself to a bottle of Knob Creek 9 Year. The last time I bought it, it was $43, if I remember correctly. Guess what it is now?

Holy shit.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: Time to celebrate

Post by scream ale »

Damn. Everything is going up. Cheers to good whiskey though.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Holy fuck, that's gotta be a pricing mistake.

My advice: BUY IT ALL!!! NOW!!!
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Badfellow wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:16 pm

I think you mistook the faded "5" for a dollar sign -- probably because you browse the Internet on a fehking phone.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Nausea wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:05 pm
Badfellow wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:16 pm

I think you mistook the faded "5" for a dollar sign -- probably because you browse the Internet on a fehking phone.
BAHAHAH! Yep, that's what I was just getting ready to post. He missed the "5".

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Nausea - does your store carry Knob Creek 9 Year? What's the price?

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

All of the other Knob Creeks were priced at 29.99.

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Hugh wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:16 pm
Nausea - does your store carry Knob Creek 9 Year? What's the price?
I don't think we have the 9 year, but let me get back to you on that one tomorrow evening after work.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

I want to live in a world where 9 year old Knob Creek is $9.99 a bottle. Is that so bad?

Those folks with their fraudulent number 5 can go suck it.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Damb. I can't thank Patchez enough for turning me onto this Knob Creek. I'm putting it down with some Miller beer and this is the best fucking buzz ever. How often do you get to feel good? Not too fucking often. (I'm speaking of genuine goodness - not your run of the mill drunken/highness.) There's something magic to Knob Creek.

I shut that fucking Skype Modern Drunkard Forum off. Fuck it. I figured out how to delete it like Artful Drunkdective did. I don't want anything more to do with it. They all looked at me like I'm some fucking kind of idiot - and you want to know what? They're fucking right. I keep saying shit that doesn't fit in. I don't want to deal with it anymore.

One month without these fucking music videos. That's an accomplishment. Maybe I'll never escape the fucking earworms. But I won't watch your fucking little 3 1/2 minute musicals any fucking more! I defeated you!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

I just looked up "me and bobby mcgee - video", couldn`t find one. Janis did no videos. Time to celebrate
Drink!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

And thanks for the free
Hugh wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:35 pm

I shut that fucking Skype Modern Drunkard Forum off. Fuck it.
advertising I guess. We will miss you on skype.
Drink!

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Hugh wrote:
Damb. I can't thank Patchez enough for turning me onto this Knob Creek. I'm putting it down with some Miller beer and this is the best fucking buzz ever. How often do you get to feel good? Not too fucking often. (I'm speaking of genuine goodness - not your run of the mill drunken/highness.) There's something magic to Knob Creek.

I shut that fucking Skype Modern Drunkard Forum off. Fuck it. I figured out how to delete it like Artful Drunkdective did. I don't want anything more to do with it. They all looked at me like I'm some fucking kind of idiot - and you want to know what? They're fucking right. I keep saying shit that doesn't fit in. I don't want to deal with it anymore.

One month without these fucking music videos. That's an accomplishment. Maybe I'll never escape the fucking earworms. But I won't watch your fucking little 3 1/2 minute musicals any fucking more! I defeated you!
Wow! Was that you on Skype? I wondered who that was. So glad I'm not you. Try getting into old Hollywood films and Film Noir which is readily available on Youtube. It looks to me that you are readily manipulated by outside forces. I bet you wear a mask all the time even when you sleep.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Hugh wrote:

Not remotely true! Nobody thinks you're an idiot! And I've never heard you say shit that doesn't fit in. Anyway all us drunks say "stupid" shit but that's the beauty of it because nobody cares. I really enjoyed that call with you, The Belcher (and his lovely wife), and of course oett. We love having you there. It's cool that you just did your thing, Windex-ing shit and what not while having Skype on. It just felt normal and relaxed to me.

I delete myself from it from time to time because my phone is constantly pinging from notifications from it, although sometimes a break is nice. A simple solution would be to sign out of Skype but I can't because I do have friends on there that aren't on the board. Then when I am ready, I have someone add me back in or I click on the call links to join back in.
Okole maluna!

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by RIPT2.0 »

If you don't want to constantly get notifications from Skype, then just turn off notifications.