I want room service

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

I want room service

Post by RIPT2.0 »

I remember being stranded in Chicago years ago because of a storm. By the time I landed at O'Hare there wasn't any hotel rooms left nearby, so I took a scab cab to downtown Chicago and booked a room at The Palmer. $350/night! The bar was open but the kitchen was closed. It was about 11 pm, so I ordered a martini. Then I ordered another. At exactly midnight the bar closed and the asshole bartender would not serve me another martini, even though I offered to pay him $50 for it. There was a high school prom night going on there, or something involving young guys in suits and pretty young girls in dresses, and the kids at the bar could not believe this asshole bartender would not make a martini for me for $50. I didn't care. This was a business trip, so I wasn't paying anyway. But all I had for dinner was bar peanuts that day. I gave up and crashed in my over priced room, listening to the young kids party and fuck in the shower next door.

But the next morning I ordered the works for breakfast. I couldn't get another flight out until 3 pm, so I had lots of time. I had everything. A pot of coffee, eggs, toast, home fries, fruit, pastries, etc, etc. I think the breakfast cost $50. I didn't care. It was all paid for. The only thing I regret is not ordering a bottle of campaign so I could make mimosa's.

I fucking hate Chicago, and I especially hate O'Hare airport, but I want that $50 breakfast again. Tomorrow. On you. I don't care how it gets here.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: I want room service

Post by Artful Drunktective »

I wonder Sammy; would they have let you buy a bottle from the bar? A guy I dated did that once. It cost him an arm and a leg (but screw it, if you were willing to pay $50 for a martini, it's worth it) but they let him purchase a bottle of Absolut to take back to the hotel room. Unopened and everything!

I also want room service. It is one of my favorite things that ever existed on this planet and I take advantage of it every chance I get. I don't even care about the cost, it's super worth it to me to have stuff delivered straight to my drunk ass in my room.

Several years ago, I had the luxury of staying in a Four Seasons entirely comped. After drinking on the beach all day, I was ordering from room service all kinds of shit like molten lava cake and stuff I normally would never get. It was the best time ever. And best food ever!

I actually like staying in hotels; even during the numerous times I've also been stranded. But unfortunately I was in hotels primarily for work travels so the ones I stayed in didn't have room service or even delivery from nearby establishments. If that was the case, I would have drinks at the hotel bar and then get take-out. I'd order a bunch of bar food like wings and other appetizers so when I carried on drinking in the room, I had something for my drunk munchies. Usually I was alone on these travels so hotel bars were great for me. Especially the time I challenged the hotel bartender to make me a Long Island with actual booze in it and after drinking a few, I couldn't even remember if I paid my tab and how I stumbled to my room. I don't want to even imagine if it was a bar that wasn't in the hotel lobby! I'd be pulling a "Hugh" laying behind a Dumpster somewhere in L.A.! And nobody would even know!
Okole maluna!

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by RIPT2.0 »

Artful Drunktective wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:29 pm
I wonder Sammy; would they have let you buy a bottle from the bar? A guy I dated did that once. It cost him an arm and a leg (but screw it, if you were willing to pay $50 for a martini, it's worth it) but they let him purchase a bottle of Absolut to take back to the hotel room. Unopened and everything!
I don't think he would have. He was clearly being a dick for whatever reason. He kept telling me that if I wanted another drink I should go down the street to this night club where I would have probably gotten my ass kicked, which is why I think he wanted me to go there. I had been stuck on a plane for 12 hours that day and literally had to run through O'Hare airport to follow this Iranian who had scabbed me and another guy out of the mile long line of people waiting for a cab. The young guy that was riding with me started calling all over to find a hotel room. He was the one that found a room at The Palmer, so I called after he did and also got a room.

But I hear what you're saying about room service. It's way better than having food just delivered to your house for some reason. It was a damn good breakfast and it tasted even better knowing I didn't have to pay for it.

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Sammy wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:49 pm
I remember being stranded in Chicago years ago because of a storm. By the time I landed at O'Hare there wasn't any hotel rooms left nearby, so I took a scab cab to downtown Chicago and booked a room at The Palmer. $350/night! The bar was open but the kitchen was closed. It was about 11 pm, so I ordered a martini. Then I ordered another. At exactly midnight the bar closed and the asshole bartender would not serve me another martini, even though I offered to pay him $50 for it. There was a high school prom night going on there, or something involving young guys in suits and pretty young girls in dresses, and the kids at the bar could not believe this asshole bartender would not make a martini for me for $50. I didn't care. This was a business trip, so I wasn't paying anyway. But all I had for dinner was bar peanuts that day. I gave up and crashed in my over priced room, listening to the young kids party and fuck in the shower next door.

But the next morning I ordered the works for breakfast. I couldn't get another flight out until 3 pm, so I had lots of time. I had everything. A pot of coffee, eggs, toast, home fries, fruit, pastries, etc, etc. I think the breakfast cost $50. I didn't care. It was all paid for. The only thing I regret is not ordering a bottle of campaign so I could make mimosa's.

I fucking hate Chicago, and I especially hate O'Hare airport, but I want that $50 breakfast again. Tomorrow. On you. I don't care how it gets here.
Living well is the best revenge. I have always hated traveling especially to shithholes like Chicago.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by RIPT2.0 »

Lush City wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:22 pm
Sammy wrote:

Living well is the best revenge. I have always hated traveling especially to shithholes like Chicago.
That's the thing though. I wasn't traveling to Chicago. I was actually on my way home from San Diego but got stranded in Chicago because a storm caused me to miss my connecting flight.

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Sammy wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:50 am
Lush City wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:22 pm
Sammy wrote:

That's the thing though. I wasn't traveling to Chicago. I was actually on my way home from San Diego but got stranded in Chicago because a storm caused me to miss my connecting flight.
Chicago is a major hub for some airlines as is Atlanta for Delta. Hey, they are all going bellyup BK! It's no longer safe to do air travel.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.