Today in my neighborhood...

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Oh my god...

Post by Hugh »

Wednesday night I drove by a group of bums in my neighborhood. One of them was screaming "HELP ME!" over and over, but since that's not unusual, I didn't stop to see what was wrong. After I got home, I walked over the liquor store and saw cop cars everywhere, so I assumed whoever was screaming got the help they wanted.

He did - but he died. The other bums beat him to death: https://www.10news.com/news/local-news/ ... zTDHqQrmn0

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: Oh my god...

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Oh jeeze how awful!! It kind of brings up a conundrum of should one stop and help and risk themselves harm or what? I mean, unless you're Rambo, what can you really do? Call the police and keep driving I guess and let them deal with it? So sorry Hugh! So effed up!
Okole maluna!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Crazy. Once you turn into a bum you should leave town Hugh!
Drink!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Gettin' scary out there. Use caution dude.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

A few years ago I was awakened in the middle of the night by a screaming bum outside my bedroom window. (It was that same spot where I posted the video of the trumpet player a few weeks ago.) I went out there and told him to be quiet or I would call the police. I always tell them I'll call the police because most homeless people want desperately to avoid contact with the cops. If they think I'll call the cops on them, they usually shut up or move on or whatever. But this guy told me he wanted me to call them because he'd just been robbed. That's what all the noise was. I saw someone running away as I approached the guy so I walked over in the direction he headed. The robber had run over to the next street over where his buddies were waiting for him. I didn't approach them or say anything, I just went home and back to bed. But I felt sorry for the guy that got his stuff stolen. I justified my inaction by telling myself that he probably stole it from somebody himself. It may or may not have been true, but there's no justice for those people out there, unless they can administer it themselves. I actually hope that the guy who got killed Wednesday was on the receiving end of such justice. Bums don't generally beat each other to death without a good reason. It's too much work. But this guy was 60 years old. If he really was some sort of scumbag living out there, he wouldn't have made it to such an old age, would he? It seems like street justice would have gotten him sooner.

BTW, back when I first moved in to this neighborhood, someone who lived in a nearby homeless encampment was killed by a rock to the head in an incident of street justice. He had ratted out somebody who had recently committed a residential burglary. So it would be easy to say he got what was coming to him. Snitches get stitches, that't the rule, right? Well, I happened to know this guy. His name was Cowboy and he was real popular among the transgender women in my neighborhood because that was the kind of girl he liked. I had met him myself in a piano bar just prior to his death. He dressed like a cowboy and was clean cut. You wouldn't have guessed he was homeless just by looking at him. He didn't die instantly, either. After he had been hit by the rock, he came out of the encampment, which is a canyon near a freeway onramp, and tried to flag down motorists for help. I"m sure most just passed him by just like I passed by the guy who was screaming for help last Wednesday. He died in the hospital the next day. There was a huge gathering of transgender women outside the hospital holding a vigil for him. The news media was there to cover it and they posted the story on Facebook. You can imagine the cruel posts that people would leave in the comments of such a story.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Even more sad that the cops probably don't do anything either. Bums stealing shit from one another? It's a he-said he-said argument among people that are a waste of time to them. Not that I blame the cops because they obviously have a lot of more important shit going on. I guess bums have no choice but to take the law in their own hands. I don't know what to make of the homeless. Who knows the circumstances that brought them there?

At this grocery store we shop at frequently, there's always the same guy standing in the entrance area between the inner and outer doors selling "homeless pamphlets" holding a cup for money. I guess there are no loitering laws here. I don't know if he's homeless or just poor. He looks like an average person -not very old like maybe 40's -and also very friendly. He puts a lot of time and effort literally standing there all day. Maybe he suffers from mental illness and can't work? Or maybe he makes more money that way? Very strange to me because everyone who shops there knows him by now. I wonder how often they donate? Perhaps the grocery store should just hire him to pick up trash or custodial work or do something -anything- because it's kind of awkward to walk in there and just walk right by him. I smile at least.
Okole maluna!

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Today in my neighborhood...

Post by Hugh »

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: Today in my neighborhood...

Post by Lush City »

Holy shit! Those libtards are going to allow this to spread. The city of West Hollywood will allow squatters on your property and their tents in your backyard. The police will not come to remove them only to warn you the home owner that if you remove them and harm their property they will be coming back for you!
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.
like tears in rain

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Looks like me actually.

Pick me up next time
Drink!

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Today: Image

oldsmartskunk
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by oldsmartskunk »

Hugh lives in an amazing neighborhood. We should all be that lucky. I would draw so many dicks on these passed out faces, ha!

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by RIPT2.0 »

Hugh needs to start taking selfies with these comatose individuals. I would.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Hugh needs to switch to decafe. I did.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Hugh should get a haircut before stumbling out