Today in my neighborhood...

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Today in my neighborhood...

Post by oettinger »

^^^me too,
I`m too lazy to read the whole thread again, was it Ultimate Warrior vs Mr Perfect MSG March 19th, 1990
Drink!

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

In my old neighborhood, if I got to the mailbox flat right after the mail lady delivered, I could witness some epic fights, between two fat black ladies, sweet as pie to me and everyone else, but they just HATED each other. One of them was especially memorable because she wore eye makeup like the fat woman on The Drew Carey show; Mimi. For some reason, the mail set them off. One of their dads was a retired Marine, but he sure never got in the middle of them. I mean, it was literally, "Hi, Hon," to me or whoever, and then the artificial nails were coming off, and the fake hair would get tangled in the nails that were left, and I just took my letters and magazines and oiled up down the street to safety. I never could understand why Daddy liked watching the fights. If fists come up, I'm outta there.
like tears in rain

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Hugh wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:05 am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3VCav7XI0A
Bitch ass funny
Drink!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Have you ever tried interviewing any of theses people. That could be amusing. Or frightening.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Or dangerous.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

There is increasing friction in American cities between gentrification and the poor.

1 bedroom apartments anywhere other than the slums average $2000 monthly. TIcky-tacky buildings are going up everywhere along major transit corridors, constructed with the cheapest possible materials and slapped over with a slick, modern veneer that looks like it was designed by kindergarten architects.

If you go from city to city, you’ll see these buildings all follow the same, stale formula. The Stock House in Denver looks more or less identical to The Bridges in Minneapolis or The Crack Stacks in Detroit. Personally, I’d rather live in a bark hut in the middle of a swamp.

Let’s not even get into the whole issue that drink prices at my favorite city bar have gone up 60% in the past 2 years. That alone is depressing enough.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Badfellow wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:50 am
There is increasing friction in American cities between gentrification and the poor.

1 bedroom apartments anywhere other than the slums average $2000 monthly. TIcky-tacky buildings are going up everywhere along major transit corridors, constructed with the cheapest possible materials and slapped over with a slick, modern veneer that looks like it was designed by kindergarten architects.

If you go from city to city, you’ll see these buildings all follow the same, stale formula. The Stock House in Denver looks more or less identical to The Bridges in Minneapolis or The Crack Stacks in Detroit. Personally, I’d rather live in a bark hut in the middle of a swamp.

Let’s not even get into the whole issue that drink prices at my favorite city bar have gone up 60% in the past 2 years. That alone is depressing enough.
The Gallagher 's were staunch opponents of gentrification.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Pick a comfy bridge then I guess
Drink!

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Just got off the phone with 911. I heard several pops that might have been gunshots and when I went out to look, there was a guy imploring the drive thru pharmacist at CVS to call 911 because someone had shot at him with a paint gun.

I walked over to him, and he did have paint splatter on him so I said I would call. As I was on the phone he hands me his ID card so I can let the police know who he is. The dispatcher didn't seem to take it seriously, so maybe I shouldn't either. Some of the videos I've shot in this thread are where this happened. I assume somebody was out looking for thrills and decided this would be a good spot to scare some crackheads.

I don't know. It's midnight, I'm drunk waiting for cops to show up and investigate crackheads being shot by a paint gun.

Fuck.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

So the cops showed up, they talked to the guy who had asked me to call 911, and now they're gone. The guy who asked me to call 911 is now calm and back over there with the rest of the crackheads like nothing has happened.

I sometimes hang out in that spot when I'm drunk and in a good mood. If I had been there when a car load of little shits with a paint ball gun decided to do a drive by, I would have been pretty fucking upset. But, it's just a crackhead hangout spot, so nobody gives a shit. Not even the crackheads who got shot at.

Why give a fuck?

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

I went out there when the cops showed up and told them I was the one that called. The cop didn't seem to give a shit. I told him there was paintball splatter on the wall over where it happened. He shined his flashlight on it, then walked away. I asked if he wanted me out there, he said no. So here I am on Modern Drunkard typing it all up. Bah.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

BTW, when the guy handed me his ID while I was calling 911, he said he played for the San Diego Padres. I told him he did NOT play for the Padres, then he said he used to. Then he said there was a $500,000 bounty on his head from a drug cartel. He also told me he was black. He was white. Why the fuck did I get out of my chair and go out there???

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

But anyway, who the fuck drives around with a paint gun shooting at homeless crackheads? I'm glad I called police. I hope they think that dumb fucks driving around with paint guns should be in jail, no matter who they shoot at.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Hugh wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 1:28 am
But anyway, who the fuck drives around with a paint gun shooting at homeless crackheads?
Probably the San Diego Padres.