nakedwines.com

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Re: nakedwines.com

Post by Hugh »

you have to delete it too to get rid of it. I fucked up

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

It will live forever

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

i was just playing aroudn. so what if i fucked up younever ucked up before

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

I have never in my life fucked up ever not even once
I am a perfect retard

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

I read the thread title as nakedwifes.com, I`m not a wino obviously
Drink!

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by RIPT2.0 »

You asshole Hugh. I ordered a six of red yesterday even though I don't even drink wine. It's your fault. Then they trick you. They will charge your credit card $40/month, EVERY month, until you tell them to stop.

Did you know that?

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Sammy wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:24 pm
You asshole Hugh. I ordered a six of red yesterday even though I don't even drink wine. It's your fault. Then they trick you. They will charge your credit card $40/month, EVERY month, until you tell them to stop.

Did you know that?
No, I did NOT! I'll cancel if they bill me again.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

WTF??? They didn't charge my card, so that must mean they are waiting until later for some kind of membership fee or something...

The website says I don't have any subscriptions and I don't have any future deliveries.

Are you sure about this, Sammy?

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by RIPT2.0 »

Hugh wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:19 pm
WTF??? They didn't charge my card, so that must mean they are waiting until later for some kind of membership fee or something...

The website says I don't have any subscriptions and I don't have any future deliveries.

Are you sure about this, Sammy?
Yeah, at least for me. I ordered online and they made me set up an account. But when I looked at my account details it said they would charge my credit card $40 every month and add that money to my "Angel" account until I decided to draw off of it to buy more wine, at an inflated price I'm sure. So, I logged in today to cancel my "Angel" account. Supposedly, if you have any money in this account, and you cancel, then they credit your credit card for the sum. Common practice to sucker punch you into signing up for a great deal, only to find that they'll start charging you monthly.

But on the plus side, I now have six bottles of red wine that will probably give me hangovers that are legendary.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Did you try to use the coupon codes I posted? Maybe that has something to do with it. It's strange that my debit card has not been billed yet. I tried to get out their customer service chat, but it took too long, so I left. Now I've got to check my bank account every day to see what these guys might do. I should have known it was one of these "membership" things. There's no way in hell they are going to just sell 6 bottles of wine for $7 a bottle.

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by RIPT2.0 »

Hugh wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:02 am
Did you try to use the coupon codes I posted? Maybe that has something to do with it. It's strange that my debit card has not been billed yet. I tried to get out their customer service chat, but it took too long, so I left. Now I've got to check my bank account every day to see what these guys might do. I should have known it was one of these "membership" things. There's no way in hell they are going to just sell 6 bottles of wine for $7 a bottle.
Actually, I just clicked on a link I saw on Facebook. The wine was $37/case. Had some with dinner last night and it was pretty good. But now every time I go on FB I get hammered with wine club ads. One ad is advertising a case of wine for $30. It's called first leaf. It's another monthly subscription deal but you can cancel any time. If I decide to do this again I'll order from First Leaf and then cancel my subscription the instant I get the wine.

If all you did was order over the phone without setting up an account online like I did, then maybe you're not really signed up for a subscription. I'd still watch your bank account though. At least with a credit card you can contest charges. That's not so easy with a debit card.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

I was indeed signed up for a subscription! I had an email this morning saying, "The $40 you put into your Angel account helps winemakers blah blah blah." I replied that I did not know it was a subscription and they responded within a few minutes that my subscription had been cancelled.

So, if anybody buys from them - be aware it is a subscription.

And yes, I'm getting blitzed by wine ads on Facebook, too.

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

i did a craft beer version of this once....they sent you a 12 rack of mixed beers and you paid fuck all, basically just shipping....if you didn't cancel it though it went up in price extravagantly the next month.

The awkward part was you had to phone and cancel over the phone so you couldn't just send an email or some shit. Felt like a prize cunt clearly cancelling straight after i had my freebies. think I made some shite up about how i was gonna sign straight back up at a later date.

That being said they were decent enough and worked out maybe 40 pence per beer at the offer price hah.

may have to sign back up in my mrs's name.
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Benito Tavor is a pretty good app that let's you sign up and then only buy what you want. Every few days they post up new beers and while a bit pricey it has a flat rate for shipping. I just keep postponing the ship date till I have 8 to 12 beers and it helps balance it out a bit. Plus some of the beers I'll never see on the east coast.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

I'll give it a look brother.

since the pandemic hit a lot of breweries in the UK have stepped up their online sales and deliveries a lot. Pretty cheap to order direct from source as well.

Some of the local breweries even do current day delivery up till 10pm-midnight which is awesome.
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis